Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: The management game thread won't shut up about this one, so it might be good! Also it dropped literally today

That nostalgia hit is huge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Maybe there's too many automation games now?? (Naw!) :)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm exhausted from cleaning up the back yard so have some more new games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1413000/Jurisdiction/

Or my queue will default to showing me games from the 90s, okay. Here are two ancient RTSes that are apparently on steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1292170/Krush_Kill_N_Destroy_Xtreme/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259380/Submarine_Titans/

Do you get to beat the poo poo out of Black people? Not realistic otherwise :negative:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

We are discussing OpenTTD in the Management thread

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Disgaea 6 releases tomorrow (tonight? I have no idea how switch release times work) and in general the reviews seem kinda middling. It has an AI battle gambit-like system, the numbers go higher than ever, and the series transitioned to 3d models, but reports are that the writing/characters are less good than other entries. It's a mainline Disgaea game, though, so you probably already know if you're going to pass on it or spend 100s of hours getting ready to fight Prinny Baal, and I'm definitely doing the latter.

There's also a demo you should download to see if the performance issues are too bad for you to want to play. They weren't for me, but I'm not generally fussy about performance.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

We have a thread for D6 now listed somewhere above but the general consensus is if you already like Disgaea then you will probably like this one as well. Most of the simplification is for the good, outside of some of the item world changes which make the place a bit dull

Agreed. A game for the fans.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

haldolium posted:

because their entire design is very relaxing, in audio and visuals and the gameplay itself doesn't put you under much pressure, as you can redo almost the entire track/road setup while pausing it. It's much more strategic and the design helps to understand that. And yeah, if you fail so just start another game in another city.

The music's good too in a chill kind of way.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm a sucker for Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld style games so this is definitely one I'll keep an eye on. Interested in reviews if anyone gives it a shot.

Management thread thinks it's pretty bad. Note that if you have Game Pass for PC it's available there.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

We are discussing Timberborn in the Management thread if people want to know more about the game.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Sloppy posted:

I've been chasing the next Puzzle Quest for years but I've been burned way too many times. Anyone played this?

There's a ton of Match Three games on bigfishgames.com if that's what you like.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Thirsty Dog posted:

That seems fine to me? It's okay to be up front that you don't like martial arts or colonial settings

Probably the word 'prejudice' was a little odd that's all. There's a different implication between prejudice and dislike. However the writer may be an international writer and not have English as their first language and those nuances may not be apparent to them.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

I speak the Queen's English, and I can tell you that's a perfectly cromulant use of the word.

You mean cromulent?? :) And I would disagree regarding American English. I dislike spinach but have no prejudice against it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Dackel posted:

Seems to be a great game, but for that price i'm holding out for at least 50% discount (especially with SMTV just around the corner)

:same:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Hello Sailor posted:

Looks like this is someone's solo project. Do they have a good track record? Game looks interesting, but don't want to get another Gnomoria.

Management Megathread's response so far is meh. It's a ton of combat and not much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

You'd be spending money up the kazoo if you were a boardgamer!!! Board game Kickstarters are all the rage :)