Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

skeleton warrior posted:

Picked this one up to try it out. It's a neat take on the strategy genre - imagine FTL or Slay the Spire where you're trying to make your way through a branching path, except instead of RTS or deck management, you're city building and task/resource managing.

The mechanics seem solid, but the game play itself is hampered by the art design - there are a lot of places where instead of "what would provide clear information to allow players to make decisions" they went "what would be the most stylish?" and so it's much harder than it needs to be to understand what your people are doing and what they need to do. I can't tell yet if the game is challenging, or if the game is easy but parsing the UI is the challenge.

For what it's worth when I tried the demo I felt it was just too busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU