Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

How complete would you describe the EA for this one? Would I be better off waiting for a year or is it relatively feature complete as it stands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

Nerdietalk posted:

Couple hours into Eastward. Hard to get a read on the wider story so far, but I’m really enjoying it. It seems really willing to let the player just figure things them out story and gameplay wise, and I kind of appreciate that kind of trust. The puzzle aren’t hard, but I appreciate getting to discover how the mechanics work on my own without too many tutorials.

Same here. I have been hanging out for Eastward for a while (I will buy literally any game on the market with decent pixel art) and while it's enjoyable so far I can confidently say the story has not much interest in telegraphing the direction it's going to take and has no issue throwing in random distractions. It's very much a wait and see kinda vibe. It feels more like a 1-2 person labour of love than something that has been workshopped to death by producers/devs. A polished, but not a tight experience. I'm glad it's doing something a little different, and keen to see where that leads.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

This was a really amazing game. The comparisons to Katana ZERO are pretty apt - it's right up there in quality.

However, the ending struck me as a little odd. Did Mister just walk off to repair the reactor and die there? I think his fate was left deliberately ambiguous but it seemed a little abrupt of an ending after the previous scene. Did I miss something? Is there a hidden final scene if you beat legendary mode or something like that?