Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Merrill Grinch posted:

Nobody else has mentioned it, and I feel it may end up criminally overlooked, so here's my blurb about Nioh 2 (ps4), which may be the perfect social distancing game of the season.

Take a fast-paced Souls-like with a ton of options for builds, add a Diablo-esque loot system with plenty of room for crafting, tinkering and generally min/maxxing to your heart's content, sprinkle in lots of friendly Co-op action and that's the Nioh series. The first game had a absolute ton of content including an extremely robust NG+/++/etc and Nioh 2 is reportedly no different. Best of all, it's a prequel so who cares if you didn't play the first one? Also, there's a demon pufferfish cats who will follow you around and bump spike-ily into your enemies while charging your special power meter.

It's hard, but not punishingly so, and you can grind past things you're not good enough for by helping other people fight things they're not good enough for (which is totally my jam). Caveat: there's no real PvP so take that as the deal maker or breaker you feel it is.

Highly recommend Nioh 1/2, it's Diablo loot-fest with good fast paced gameplay (and co-op). The story, just like Diablo can be completely ignored. Game is divided in small missions so it's perfect to play in little bursts of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
You can buy elixirs at the shrine bazar in Nioh 2 (and you get the currency donating gear at the shrine + xp + elixir/ammo so you don't need to grind)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
They organize the scenes in the menu in chronological order with description and the names of everyone involved, you can also (I think) replay any scene. There's also a glossary for characters, places, objects, etc. on the menu so while the story is told in non-linear fashion it's not that bad :shrug:

The combat abstraction is a shame though, it should've been properly animated

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 25, 2020

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Bug Squash posted:

You were all fine with games where you had sex with swords and pigeons. What possible violence could be implied by a sword?

Pillaging towns involved real violence and rape against it's citizens throughout our history, this game is framing that as some 'funny' consensual date between the invaders and the town.

It is completely unlike a dating game with swords and/or pigeons :psyduck: