Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Aerox posted:

I put six hours into Paradise Killer yesterday, and it's really, really excellent. I don't want to say too much or give anything away because a lot of the fun is just exploring and learning more about the bizarre world lore, but the best way to describe it is "occult vaporwave murder mystery." It combines visual novel-esque suspect investigation with a 3D open world to roam around in with some light puzzles sprinkled here and there. Nothing brain melting, but the game is a whole rear end mood and I'm super into it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-uBBg2Ct4

I was getting ready to make a post about this. It's absolutely excellent, the setting is neat and fun, the mystery is engrossing, the writing is superb, and the world is bonkers in a really fun and good way. It's also just generally a really solid investigation game which expects you to actually figure everything out yourself instead of "unlocking" the solution or w/e

The only frustrating thing is you can occasionally find clues and evidence you feel like you aught to be able to press certain people on but it never comes up. Otherwise, really a brilliant game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

nthing recommendations for Lucifer Within Us. The last few years have been great for fans of Detective Games and this one still manages to feel really novel and special. The setting is neat, the mechanics are a blast, it can be a little frustrating sometimes when you pick some evidence that you think really aught to crack things open and the game doesn't react, its a bit of a shame that it's not quite as freeform as it feels like it could be, and the way how in-setting Demons effect characters and their psychological afflictions can make solutions to the crimes come out of nowhere, but those are relatively minor quibbles, and once you get into the world a little more and learn to expect it a little the second issue stops being as big of a deal. I've played basically all of the recent wave of great detective games and I'd say this is one of the best.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Is there a game here or is it just a kind of cool audio-visual experience like Proteus or Everything?

There's def a really satisfying flow to moving around as the weird disc thing, and you get a couple upgrades during the demo that make me wanna see what else you get. Feels kinda like playing a story mode version of Crumble, except you can also fly and you're an alien god thing

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Norco is a wild ride, especially at the end, and linear as all adventure games are but really good.

What kind of play time did you have at the end?