Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Palpek posted:

Cthulhu's Catharsis - a strategy game about taking over the world as Cthulhu

Why is a spawn of Azatoth aiding Cthulhu's ambitions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I'm loving that soft art style, gotta say.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Nah I don't want to support devs like that.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Stux posted:

gamers getting apocalyptically mad instead of just waiting until its on steam is dumb but also their announcement was dumb and egs sucks so ill just wait

Yeah it's not the exclusivity that bugged me (whatever, devs need money and I won't fault them for that, it's Epic that's the problem), it's the way they communicated it to their fanbase that irked me. Decided it wasn't worth giving them money.

Edit: Shoot this isn't the thread for this, sorry.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Yeah, no that's entirely lovely. Gamers are the loving worst. I just didn't want to buy the game and would wait until there was a hefty sale for it, people threatening others because they were condescending (even if the tone wasn't intended) are trash people. gently caress. Sorry I derailed this thread.

In lighter news I completely forgot I got SUPERHOT, so now there's a new shiny game waiting for me in Steam, nice.

Donnerberg posted:

Beyond a Steel Sky came out today. I've been thinking about giving it a shot just because it's cyberpunk, but apparently it has quite a pedigree. It's the sequel to a 90s point and click adventure game called Beneath a Steel Sky, and it's made by guy that did all the Broken Sword games.

Oh wow. I have vague memories of Beneath a Steel Sky, mostly of starting out in a small-ish room, having no idea what was going on, and pretty much dying repeatedly for an hour before getting annoyed and giving up (I was an impatient child)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I really should've just gave a thumbs up to that ooblet and moved on.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Similarly, if you're looking to get a pokemon-like fix, but in an online setting, you can check out https://store.steampowered.com/app/745920/Temtem/

Also in Early Access, but I've heard from a couple friends that have played it that it's really good.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

djkillingspree posted:

aren't they all????

Those mongolian dogs in Ghost of Tsushima can gently caress right off, constantly breaking my ghost streak.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

Also it's technically not anime, as the studio is based in Texas.

If an animation is made in a forest, and no one Japanese hears it, does it make a owo~?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I do appreciate the inventory being labelled 'Q3 2020 Summary Account of Items Inside My Pants'

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

eonwe posted:

are there any multiplayer FPS games that came out recently or are coming out soon?

There's one by the makers of Left 4 Dead, called Back 4 Blood.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Cozy Grove just came out on Switch today, which I think is a better place for it given the structure of the game as I understand it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Arbetor posted:

I played a few hours of Galactic Mining Corp, and the above post is pretty accurate. It is a very skinner box type game, do a basic task, get upgrades to make numbers go up and do the basic task better. The controls for the mining are simple and occasionally finicky. You use the mouse to control the center of the mining drill rig, not the location of the drill. This makes it easy to rapidly drill in a direction, but sometimes precision drilling, or avoiding over-drilling is difficult. My biggest complaint is there are piles and piles of things to upgrade - literally every tile you can mine (grey rock, yellow rock, grey sand, yellow sand, etc.) can be upgraded to get tokens, every item you find while mining can be upgraded to get tokens and bonuses, every room in your base, every employee can be upgraded, but there is no indicator in the main base UI to let you know upgrades can be made. I lost a bunch of crew xp because I forgot they could be upgraded, and they don't accumulate xp if they are at the cap for the level.

In summation, if you ever wanted a game where you can just check off huge number of upgrades, take a look. I sometimes get that urge to just click boxes in a big tree, and this scratches that itch.
would help.

And I would like to join the people saying thank you for posting here, it is a great resource.

This sounds extreeeeeeemely like my poo poo.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Sylphosaurus posted:

Yeah, this is a purchase for me as this series blew my mind as a young boy as the books served as expansions that built up to a giant adventure, instead of being linear serials such as the Lone Wolf books. I think there was an LP in the forum a few years ago as well.

Oh man, I had only two Fabled Lands books (living overseas made them real hard to get) but they were amazing, the freedom to explore this enormous world, progressing using that codeword system, getting tougher and more heavily equipped, it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Play posted:

Had to dp for this one:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1544360/LEGO_Builders_Journey/

LEGO: Builder's Journey looks gorgeous, like actual lego pieces, and is a puzzle game essentially. Just the vibe of this one is enough to get me to at least try it out, but I am hoping since it's a puzzle game that it isn't for children.

OH double POST.

Anyway game looks real good, a nice chill time.