Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So blood of steel came out on steam but has been out in china for awhile.
Similar to tiger knight / conquerors blade / captains mode mount and blade
The heroes in the game range from historical chinese generals, cathrine the great, 4 different kings of england, and leonitus.

It is like mount and blade, world of tanks, and league of legends had an awful offspring whose real father is a phone game but on PC.

Pros
Mount and blade style combat
Units are tied to heroes
All heroes work the moment you get them

Cons
Phone game style UI flashy pop up crap which mainly goes away after awhile
Initial money surge goes away causing you to need events, to do dailys / quests for a week or month, or real money to buy new heroes
5 different in game stores
The game has been out in china for awhile, translation and text has issues in place, and not all CN content is in NA.

If you can get past the initial annoyances and the 4 pop ups telling you about events after you start the game up, it is rather fun. Matches are 3-15 minutes long depending if it is field, siege, or if you got a horse cav running around.

I am exited since I just got Han Xin, a personal favorite, and he is just silly

He can target someone with his cross hairs or in a handy map, toss a heal, a hp buff, or ressurect 20% of someones units based on how much focus (mana) he has. He gains that from his units blocking or parrying and by selecting a unit to be a vanguard and the vanguard doing damage.

It is extremely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Diaochan could absolutely kick Phillip II's rear end

She is a speed sword and shield unit that doesn't slow down when she has her shield up. She also has a melee combo system which is rare for most melee.

Also a formation for her troops to go even faster.

She extremely owns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

i see its total war fate stay night nod nod

You have no idea.

Here is Joan with a whale skin

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 8, 2020

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this chess game owns and apparently was a flash game that got moved to steam because rip flash

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have 3 friends hooked on loop hero right now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I got this for a friend.

The best way I can explain it is disgaea pokemon

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The negative reviews made me and my friends want to buy it even more

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is an older game, still in early access, built for touch pad, works on pc, and made by a chinese company. But I just found it during the sale.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1116880/The_Heroic_Legend_of_Eagarlnia/

It is basically a game where you smash end turn after managing your empire with some simple real time battles. I have put a few hours into it so far and really do enjoy it.

The UI is 96% functional in english with only one button I've seen so far having word wrap issues.

Also direct translations own since when you build up prosperity they say 'lets build a welfare state!'

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am a garlic bro and garlic pays off when there are too many things on the screen.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hero's Hour, which was previously itch.io only, has released on setam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1656780/Heros_Hour/

Heroes and might and magic but 16 bit with better combat.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256876038/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1646157208

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Phoix posted:

Played a lot of Crystal Project now and it's really good. It can be a little difficult but I think it just expects you to actually balance your party more than most JRPGs do.

Same. My biggest issue so far is the open ended bit is nice but I got lost for a bit with no direction for a few days.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

V rising trip report

Joined pvp server
it got changed to pve
then got changed to full loot pvp
then back to pvp

hosting company can't remember how to save server settings

EDIT: hosting company is blaming devs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Is the story as long with many paths like in ogre battle 2? And are there hidden units you can get?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Does it have coop that's not split screen?

Nope! And PC already got 4 with online co-op.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

idiotsavant posted:

even the PvP seems fun & janky, but soloing vs 3-mans seems rough. Are there classes with outplay potential? Wizard seems like a decent bet even tho they're also fragile af

The ranger can help if it is leveled up as it can track people and hear foot steps farther away. The wizard and rogue have invisibility but the wizard can do a lot of front end damage. These seem to be the better ones to do.

But I have also seen a warrior go to town with a two handed sword.

Really it is more about how you play solo and ok with taking a lot of losses until you get one win so you can afford healing items.

Like turning off torches where you are is a good thing unless you have bright healing potions on your belt. There is a rogue perk that hides them which can help.

Staying at the edge of the map can be rough since a lot of 3 man teams will camp it hoping to score kills.

Closing doors behind you helps but takes a lot of time unless you are a rogue who can do it faster.

But the biggest thing here is sound. Your fighting, your walking with shoes, your opening chests. All of these actions need to be done with risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I want two horrible things

chat bubbles above monsters, delay the chat bubbles based on how active chat is

also multiple creatures in one fight to even out some CR so you don't have dragon vs dragon at high tiers but you could have two creatures vs one dragon if the CR was equal

now where is my wallet