Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
13 Sentinels released today. It’s from Vanillaware, the makers of Odin Sphere, dragon crown, etc. So far it’s..... weird. Giant mech battles intermixed with a kind of point and click choose your own adventure with 13 main characters and lots of time travel is just a lot to keep up with. It’s also somehow even more non-linear than Odin Sphere was.

I think I’m going to like it but right now I’m mostly confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Sokani posted:

Amazing Cultivation Simulator now has an official English translation available as a beta. It's a colony management game that focuses on developing your individual colonists into supernatural powerhouses. Think Rimworld, but you manage a Naruto village.

https://twitter.com/ACS_GSQ/status/1309453766962290693

There's an LP of the game here.

It has a vast amount of content, I'm 80 (holy moly) hours in and there's still entire mechanics I'm ignoring because it's too much to learn at once. If you're a Rimworld fan and enjoy making numbers go up, I strongly recommend the game.

Is there a way in steam to switch to this English beta branch?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Sokani posted:

You also need to enter the code 'gsqenglishtest', there's full instructions here.

This is the piece I was missing. Thanks man!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I've been playing around with 9th Dawn III and it's surprisingly expansive and detailed so far for a twin stick shooter style action RPG. So many way to build up and things to explore and crafting/skills to upgrade. I don't know how long the loop will hold but the exploring is a weird mix of (the feel of) a randomly generated huge roguelike world and some more guided/composed world

e: the AI is loving useless though so don't waste skill points on having your party members do anything besides maybe healing themselves.

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 10, 2020

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Even after reading a few steam reviews I'm unclear if this is more of a Bloodstained or a Dead Cells. I like both so I'll probably get it either way but anyone have some insight here?

e: ah nvm. Its closer to Bloodstained in structure if anyone else came up with the same question

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 2, 2021

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh weird I had somehow gotten it in my head that this was a remake of sword of mana which was itself a remake of final fantasy adventure. Turns out this is a whole different game. Never played this one. Neat

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Disgaea 6 releases tomorrow (tonight? I have no idea how switch release times work) and in general the reviews seem kinda middling. It has an AI battle gambit-like system, the numbers go higher than ever, and the series transitioned to 3d models, but reports are that the writing/characters are less good than other entries. It's a mainline Disgaea game, though, so you probably already know if you're going to pass on it or spend 100s of hours getting ready to fight Prinny Baal, and I'm definitely doing the latter.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

As a filthy casual, the word "auto-battle" is making my ears perk up.

The auto battle is actually supposed to be the most well implemented new thing. I hear it has a ffxii style gambit system that lets you set up the AI for individual characters. Sounds cool

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

El Generico posted:

Auto-battle sounds good to me, but "simplified systems" is the last thing I want to hear about a Disgaea game...

EDIT: The Famitsu reviews are pretty kind: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/famitsu_delivers_its_verdict_on_disgaea_6_defiance_of_destiny

We have a thread for D6 now listed somewhere above but the general consensus is if you already like Disgaea then you will probably like this one as well. Most of the simplification is for the good, outside of some of the item world changes which make the place a bit dull

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Orks must die 3 is releasing to all of the other platforms today after being a timed stadia exclusive. I’m excited for it because I really liked the first two and like everyone else did not get a stadia

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

moonmazed posted:

i know these guys are meant to be ghosts but all i can see is a mr handy wearing a long skirt

Also you can’t convince me that garlic isn’t a scrote

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

Grabbed Vampire Survivors per reccomends here, and why is this stupid game so engaging?

The best way I can describe it is if there was a Castlevania live action movie coming out in 2003, and this was the flash tie-in game to get you interested. But polished to a high sheen

It feels like some of the art assets were tweaked just enough to be legally distinct from the art from Castlevania games - which is kind of fun.

One small thing I don't like is the sound for taking damage. It's too quiet and "light" to fight against all the other bleep bloop sounds.

But there was an update just yesterday I think, where they added another play area and a character or two to unlock.

Probably the best $3 I've spent in a long time.

Brain chemicals go brrrrrrr

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Glad I’m not the only one who read it like that at first

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

That platinum game sure does seem in line with their recent announcement that they are shifting away from “one-off, well designed” titles and toward “creating games that can be enjoyed and loved for a longer period of time.”

Well, as long as you swap out ‘be enjoyed and loved’ for ‘create revenue streams’

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh hey new Anno game

Huh

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Upsidads posted:

https://goblin.bet/#/
I dont have a video but think about watching 5edition monster manual having a tourney and betting fake gold on them
Goon made???

This fuckin rules

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

OtspIII posted:

That would be me! It's pretty close to having the full set of SRD monsters added--I think we're just missing a few CR20+ish ones, which are mostly dragons. I'm working on getting randomly rolled PCs in as well, but work was brutal this last few months so it's an ongoing process

Please do not put in more dragons

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

IkeTurner posted:

Has Halls of Torment been brought up yet? I went back a bit in the thread and didn't notice it. Seems like a good Vampire Survivor-like.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2218750/Halls_of_Torment/

I played a few runs of this yesterday and it’s definitely ‘one of those’ but I liked it. I like that kind of art style and the quest based unlocks/progression felt rewarding. It also has more of a gear system than most of these.

I’ll probably keep playing it for a while longer when I can find a spare 30 min for a run

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Aparently some indie turnbased rpg is comming out of early acces today. The early acces reviews seem to be quite positive. Check it out if that's your thing.

It's called Baldur's Gate 3. Weird name.

wait i thought that was the bear dating sim

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Gynovore posted:

A modernized Dungeon Keeper? I'd play that.

I tried playing one of the previous ones thinking the same thing and holy poo poo the ‘jokes’ were terrible and just would not stop. If this one isn’t that I’d be willing to try again but whichever one I played was too grating to finish

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

KeeperRL is a pretty solid turn base take on the whole Dungeon Keeper concept.

This looks really interesting. Is the resource management (like food/etc) for your dungeon really difficult to figure out? I'm apparently too stupid for dwarf fortress level resource management but I'm fine with Rimworld level resource management.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Has anyone in this thread mentioned MoonBreaker yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/845890/Moonbreaker/

It's by unknown worlds (Subnautica) and is trying to be a Warhammer-like tabletop online thing on a smaller game scale. Is the gameplay good? I don't know and I may never find out. The mini painting is good, though! It has auto-masking, paint tools, washes, glazes, dry brushes, air brushes, basically all the stuff you're used to if you ever dove into a mini painting hobby. I've been having a good time just chilling and painting some weird dudes while watching something on the TV.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Mystic Mongol posted:

So, in Girls Frontline, there's a gun that everyone wants to gently caress, Type95. You can give her an oath ring by paying real life money, which gives you the intimate, personal relationship of her stats going up slightly.

In Girls Frontline 2, it's ten years later. During these ten years, Type95 betrayed the sacred promise of spending real money to raise her stats by making friends with a man.

So the players are incredibly furious, obviously, and are review bombing anything the company that made Girls Frontline 2 even looked at.

(The company tried to pave this over by replacing the male friend the sexy gun made with a female friend. But players data mined out the original voice lines about her friend, which means she still thinks about him aaaaaa. Total madness.)

It’s cool I can read something this insane and still confidently say, eh, Korea’s still king of psychotic gamer reactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2794470/Omega_Mouse_Zero/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257016472/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1713329567

No reviews yet. Honestly just posted this one because the trailer was so bizarre and funny. But who knows, maybe it's fun

When naming a fictional universe for your game it’s a good idea to google it first, in case, uhhh