Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Palpek posted:

The TakeOver - a next-gen side-scrolling beat'em in the vein of Streets of Rage and Final Fight

i tried playing this, unfortunately the models seem to be from Poser? the graphics are wonky and the gameplay is unnaturally unbalanced, you get piled down by too many mooks which can wipe out your whole life bar purely by them surrounding you and dealing massive damage simultaneously. bosses are a joke because you get a "RAGE" function where you go invincible killing them within seconds. Moves seem to be limited with little scalability. It feels a lot like one of those mods done for that old Streets of Rage Remake project where the developers throw everything they think is cool (incl lots of guns), i admire the effort and honestly wish this were a bit better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Paradise Killer has really good aesthetics and the music is fun (except for that reggae beat track), the setting is completely bonkers especially if you don't get the backstory of the islands in full when you visit the ziggurat. The only real issue I have with the investigation is that a fairly important twist / discovery is hidden at a place that isn't well foreshadowed and completely took me by surprise when I found it by exploring some random cliffs. The "epilogue" also doesn't change regardless of the trial results save the number of people you can still interact with.

my before I play advice to Paradise Killer are
- you can't die from falling. You will respawn at a phone if you fall in deep water (usually near the yacht)
- spend the money at all 3 footbaths, they give quality of life movement controls that will make you drown in cash
- buy all the secrets from crimson acid
- the "crest" puzzles only get you more cash. The "nightmare computers" lead to investigation clues so upgrade them (you must do this manually upon obtaining the upgrades)
- maximize all relationship points with all characters. The "come back later" message will go away after approximately 5 to 10 minutes in real time, if there's a change in the day / night cycle that's more than enough time
- cash priority should be : footbaths, 1 starlight upgrade, vending machine drinks (10), secrets, phone fast travel unlocks, drinks with Sam. Then you only need it for traveling.
- think vertically. A lot of solutions are high on top and some are at the bottom
- your ultimate aim is to empty out all the questions in your case notes
- if you got all the case notes answered, at the final trial you can accuse anybody as long as it is possible to make a case regardless of how tenuous it may be, and the judge will accept it. You can kill either only the scapegoat alone or even have every single person executed - neither of these are the true ending.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Anime is bad, but Hades (not an anime) is good

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Isn't there a genre of (anime) fiction where a large world changing event is a metaphor of the relationship between two persons? This feels like part of that sort of stories