Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The full release of Amazing Cultivation Simulator will be out soon along with English version at a later time. It's a Xianxia genre game where you run a sect to raise mortal into immortal eastern Taoist wizard god. A lot of people in the LP said they never heard of this fascinating genre, so now would be a good time check it out.

The English version is currently in close beta, and it's professionally translated by actual Xianxia novelists who published books in English.

Edit: Forgot to mention I teamed up with a modder and spent half a year to roughly translate older content of the game, so you can play it now with minimal understanding.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Achernar posted:

now if only Scroll of Taiwu would get an official translation.
I tried to do a LP of that, but it took two weeks to get ONE tutorial translated. This is why I translated Amazing Cultivator Sim first before starting the LP. :bang:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

CommissarMega posted:

drat, that sucks :stare: What was it about Scroll of Taiwu that made it so hard to translate?
Archaism, confucian/taoist philosophy, tons of proverbs, and everything that come with wuxia style setting and lore.

Now that I think about it, the tutorial is actually the hardest to translate because it is the plot and story element itself.

edit: Oh look, I still have them in lpix folder:
Horse's stat
Character Attribute
Sample conversation
Sample conversation 2
Sample conversation 3
Map movement tutorial
Keywords
Pre-combat tactic screen

Edit 2: The game is great though!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 4, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Alamoduh posted:

I looked at the LP intro, and I don’t understand. Is this game an MMO or multiplayer only, or is there a single-player option? Is the single player an afterthought? Comparing it to rimworld is tempting me!
It's a single-player game. I just random gen characters out of Goon's name, and let them decides what they wants to do with their character. It plays exactly like Rimworld.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Edit: haven't played rimworld yet but it's been on my wishlist forever.
I have been mulling over how to introduce this type of Colony Sim to other. Let's keep it simple and less accurately describe ACS as... top-down Minecraft/lego where you build every block of wall and premade facility yourself. People will lives in these house and interact with things like cooking on the stove, and ultimately tries to cultivate themselves into immortal. They are semi-autonomous, so you can assign task/goal for them, and they will try to fulfill it when they are not distracted by important things like hunger and happiness.

The game have dozens of tutorial to introduce you to the whole mechanics.

Edit: I am playing blind on the LP.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sokani posted:

You can tell how good a colony management game is by how much they've developed the organ harvesting system.
There’s a whole Body Cultivation system where you roll mutations for every single part of your body down to organ and bones to turn you into Punch God. :black101:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It looks like Don't Starve, but cozy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I have been playing this game since its flash game days and wishlisted as soon as they announce a budget version on steam. It's more complex and strategic than it seem.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I know the luck factor can be gradually reduced the further you go if you are familiar with the progression. Some class are luck heavy while other are math focused.

If you unlocked the frog, it have the ability to jump vertically for node, so you can pick what you need or want to fight.

If you buy a temple card, other temple will counteroffer you to sell it for a profit, so always buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fresh Releases - a thread for discovering the sin of a dev to boycott