Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Mandatory Assembly posted:

So check it out on Steam, goons. I love this dead dumb forum and it would mean a lot to me if SA got behind the game. We've got a bunch of other games coming out this year including a sequel to NEO Scavenger, a sweet 4-player co-op gothic pinball platformer, and some secret stuff we haven't announced yet. And next year we got a sequel to Out There.

Imagine writing a whole bunch of stuff and just offhandedly mentioning sequel to Neo Scavenger at the end!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

ghostinmyshell posted:

I'm going to try out Haven but after watching a twitch stream I was getting the impression that someone wanted to make a video game with his potential dream waifu. I dunno it's weird.

I played the demo and didn't get this feeling. The banter felt pretty good and not weird at all.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Gunk was released on Gamepass on the 16th and having played ~2 hours so far, it's really endearing and nice-looking, with great music. Somebody compared it to PS2-era platformers with modern graphics and well-written characters. I completely skipped PS2-era stuff so I can't say either way but I really like the game so far. It's also not open-world with ton of useless collectibles which I appreciate a lot.

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 18, 2021

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

priznat posted:

I messed with it a bit and found it pleasant if a bit repetitive. It seems like it'd be good for younger kids because it's pretty easy. Looks nice and I like the whole gunk-sucking effects :haw:

I guess that says a lot about me but as as 30 something year old, I am enjoying it a lot. I think the graphics are pretty impressive for being an indie effort, the character chatter is really fun, and sucking up all the gunk (while saying the word "gunk" frequently to annoy my spouse) hasn't gotten old yet.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Fatty posted:

So not a new release, but Unsighted just released its 1.1 patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AXhK7Bxd40

It went from unplayable to an amazing recommendation. The main problem before was that a lot of the puzzle solving/traversal stuff counted as weapons, which meant that you constantly had to go into the menu to change equipment. Thankfully they've added equipment loadouts which can be switched on the fly. It's a genuinely great Metroidvania that seems to have been overlooked.

I’d hardly call that the major problem. I liked the game well-enough but the demo game a wrong impression so I was surprised how faux-linear the full game ended up being while forcing you to go the long way several times. Sometimes you also had to walk extra when failing puzzles, and this combined with the above just made me think the devs like to waste my time. I liked the combat, the graphics, the music, though.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Aerox posted:

Not sure what the negative Chinese reviews are about but as someone who’s been playing stuff like PoE and Siralim it doesn’t seem like it will even get close to being “grindy.”

Yeah, if your brain is already broken it's probably fine :v: I have various tolerances for what people call "grind" depending on the game in question and PoE was definitely several steps too far for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative released early I think (should have been 26th originally) and it seems as good as the first one from ~3 hours of playing. The setup is bonkers so it got me hooked real good.