Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

Derelict Void
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1479340/Derelict_Void/

quote:

Derelict Void is a space survival game involving scavenging for resources and base management. You command a ship and crew searching for resources you need to stay alive.

Pretty polished and fun, but not very deep or worth the 15€ it's currently selling at. It basically boils down to jumping from place to place, collecting resources to survive, collecting factories to make it easier to survive and advancing the story after a set number of "jumps". The base management part is practically non-existant. It reminds me a lot of Out There, but with a lot less content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1264280/Slipways/

Slipways is an interesting-looking space strategy game which strips down and simplifies the experience, creating bite-sized games and a less steep learning curve where you join planets and systems together in certain ways.

Picked this up and played 6-7 hours yesterday. Like skeleton warrior said, it's essentially a randomized puzzle game. The first comparisons that come to mind are Islanders, Dorfromantik and Puzzlepelago. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The randomness is a valid criticism, and I find myself restarting a game a few times over before settling on one to play to the end, but personally it doesn't bother me. Runs are seeded so you can try to optimize your run on a known map if that's your thing. The UX is good, haven't seen any bugs so far. Replayability also seems good, still haven't touched the campaign (which seems to be a regular run but with additional objectives) or the ranked runs. For 15€ I'm pretty happy with it.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

Pawnbarian, by j4nw

Really looking forward to this one, the demo was really fun. It's a nice little puzzler, it reminds me of that mobile game, Hoplite (albeit less complex). Also, can't wait for Potion Craft.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

I found it much weaker than the first one. The gameplay loop is different, a lot more moving around from location to location and dying to jump scares. The length is about the same as the first one (~2-3 hours), but because of this change there's a lot less content in terms of story. Also has some intermittent performance issues, but nothing too bad. Overall not horrible, but I'd suggest waiting for a discount.