Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Star Renegades.

JRPG combat meets Darkest Dungeon mechanics in a rogue-lite(?) with a great pixel art style rendered in a 3D engine. The campaign takes 2-4 hours, and when you finish you do it all over again from scratch except with new classes/class variants and equipment unlocked in the previous playthrough. Actions have consequences, party wipes end your current campaign and you have to start over again, but there's very little RNG so you can almost always solve problematic encounters. Decent fun, I did 13 campaign play throughs and have started chipping away at the five higher difficulty levels they just added.

It's early access, updates are fairly beefy and they seem to be sticking to their roadmap, but still you can probably wait for full release or nab it on sale unless it really sounds up your alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

OgNar posted:

I'm not so big on pixel graphics, but i've really been looking at this for when I get a Switch.
Action is pretty cool looking.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/651670/Star_Renegades/

Be warned, the third party partner that ported the game to Switch apparently hosed it up terribly. Performance drops to nothing, crashes are everywhere. They're working on it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Failed/salvaged Kickstarter project Unsung Story is apparently actually coming out. Just got a Steam key in my email from a different company than the one I remember backing six years ago? As a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics, I expect profound disappointment.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Communist Bear posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1366540/Dyson_Sphere_Program/

Dyson Sphere Program has been released. It looks interesting - like some sort of Factorio but with planets and alot more automation.

I've been looking at this one. Might wait for a bit later in the early access, see how they flesh it out. I do like the idea of disassembling entire solar systems. Would be cooler if I could exterminate some sentient life in the process.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105670/The_Last_Spell/

Early Access -- The Last Spell:

Rogue-lite Final Fantasy Tactics meets horde/tower defense. Protect the mages in the center of the town that are trying to cast the spell to end all spells and rid the world of the magic that has destroyed the world. Complete achievements to unlock permanent upgrades, and earn currency to buy other upgrades for the next playthrough, because you're going to fail a lot before you finally succeed in completing the spell.

More complete than I expected for an Early Access, 20 hours in and I've barely scratched the unlockables and still haven't tried all the different weapon/spell types. Quite fun, I might actually succeed in completing a spell cast on my next playthrough, not sure if that changes anything. I'm hoping the devs put some real love into this game because I could play it for a long time if they pump out content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Shogun Showdown

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2084000/

97% Positive out of 1,066 reviews

Sleek, well designed, bite-sized puzzley/roguelite gameplay. Playable with one hand on the mouse or a few keys on the keyboard. RNG in the skill selection/upgrades makes each playthrough quite different, or just completely fucks you over, but even trying to make a series of bad draws work is a lot of fun. It's like ten bucks and it's just good.