Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thecluckmeme
Mar 31, 2013

I AM A FUCKING MORON

Grimey Drawer

Took me an hour and a half to beat Lucifer Within Us, I didn't catch every contradiction but once you suss out enough details in a case you can steamroll to its end pretty hard once identify the likely chain of events. Still pretty fun, although I wish there was more of it with only 3 cases total.

I also made sure to purge the world of the devil's grass, lest it be allowed to sully this pure world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thecluckmeme
Mar 31, 2013

I AM A FUCKING MORON

Grimey Drawer

Superrodan posted:

Do you like The Witness, Antichamber, or Fez?

Then maybe, Sensorium is for you! It's a very small puzzle game (between 5 and 7 hours I'd estimate) made essentially as a labor of love inspired by those games and others in the "puzzle island" genre. The premise is that you have one section for each of the five traditional senses.

The game's biggest strength in my opinion is that each of the sense sections lasts around exactly how long it should (and always culminates in a puzzle that feels like it tops off that section) Between all of the sections there are also some "logic gate" puzzles that interact with the five senses in different ways. Generally, it's a really nicely crafted little experience, with almost everything you come to expect from the genre including interesting secrets and easter eggs.

The game is an indie puzzle game made nearly entirely by one person, so it can be a bit rough around the edges at times, but that's part of the charm. It's closer on the spectrum to the Antichamber side than the Fez or Witness side (which were both very, very highly polished) The person who made it did it in his spare time and released it with little fanfare or marketing. I highly recommend you check it out. Especially right now, when it's just . I really think it deserves more eyes than it has had on it so this post is essentially me doing my part.

One last thing... have a notepad ready, or some easy digital method to very quickly take screenshots and notes. It's not necessary at all times, but it makes things WAY easier.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1307870/Sensorium/

Second endorsement here, Sensorium is a great game. It's got the standard "solve all the puzzles related to this mechanic" kind of thing that the Witness has, but it does also have an ur-puzzle that requires you to get out of bounds/mix together multiple senses/solve THAT GOD drat PIANO PUZZLE in order to really "beat" the game. There's a lot going on and it's a lot of fun.

thecluckmeme
Mar 31, 2013

I AM A FUCKING MORON

Grimey Drawer

fez_machine posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1546920/Overboard/
Inkle, makers of text heavy games, 80 Days, Sorcery, and Heaven's Vault, have surprised released a new game Overboard!. It's a reverse whodunnit where the detective is the perpetrator, like Agatha Christie's The Murder of Roger Acroyd. The aim is to figure out how to escape being caught and get the insurance money at the end.

My mom is a huge detective novel fan of that Era and owns this Agatha Christie book, and this is finally a video game that she had interest in.

I also told my dad so he could take notes

thecluckmeme
Mar 31, 2013

I AM A FUCKING MORON

Grimey Drawer

I haven't played Slipways but it kinda sounds like a roguelite strategy game, is that accurate?

thecluckmeme
Mar 31, 2013

I AM A FUCKING MORON

Grimey Drawer

Hellllloooooo Saturday~~~

I love it when a new puzzles oriented narrative first person game comes out. It scratches that itch a little bit until Firmament comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thecluckmeme
Mar 31, 2013

I AM A FUCKING MORON

Grimey Drawer

thecluckmeme posted:

Hellllloooooo Saturday~~~

I love it when a new puzzles oriented narrative first person game comes out. It scratches that itch a little bit until Firmament comes out

Oh. OH. I should have probably paid attention to what this was. I'm going to have a bit more stressful saturday than i expected.