Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

itry posted:

MO: Astray (from page 2) is now Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam

I guess I should get it then :tootzzz:

Why does this have a white background

:ohdear:

It has been scratching my puzzle platformer itch for a week now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

This game called ARIA CHRONICLE just released and it's basically a JRPG mashed up with Darkest Dungeon. I'm not very far (working on the second dungeon) but it's a tough game with lots of character classes, permadeath, DD's run/curio/manor system and I've skipped every story segment so far so I can't comment on that but the core gameplay loop seems fun, I've been having fun exploring the different classes, the the loot isn't mind-blowing (numerical stat upgrades basically) but it's a lot deeper than DD's upgrade system.

Warning: It's anime. But none of the character designs seem sexualized so far. One of your two main characters is a paladin woman in a giant suit of armor :shrug: All of the female classes except for one ("Charmer", like a dancer type) are even fully clothed neck-to-toe! Two of them have their arms exposed but one is an old ripped grandma

Does it have english audio or just subtitles? The gameplay looks fun.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

tildes posted:

I really wish it had a map or more intuitive level design. At least for me I’ve spent a decent amount of time lost now that I’ve gotten deeper into it. Overall though it is still pretty fun and I’d probably recommend it. They really pulled off the animations and the feel of the gameplay is really unique/evocative of the theme.

I continually get lost and then stop playing, and then go back and do it again. A map would be very helpful for my dumb rear end. Or some kind of indicator as to where i should be going.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Ms Adequate posted:

Star Renegades kind of owns so far.

It throws a lot at you in the tutorial, but once i started playing i was hooked. I think they can flush out some of the home base bonus stuff a little, but all in all a great game.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Donnerberg posted:

Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager came out of early access.

It plays like a reverse Darkest Dungeon with locational skills and everything. You're the boss encounter and also recruit, train and play as minions. The point is to whittle down the heroes enough to end their run before they kill you, and then you have to rotate out your minions so they can recover from having their asses handed to them.

I've been playing it since yesterday, and the title is the only bad thing about it. It's a really fun.

I'm also having a lot of fun with this. Excited to see how it changes throughout the EA period.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Did you misread the post? It's out of EA!

And I'm excited, because I completely missed that it dropped the 1.0 release - time to play!

Oh poo poo it didn't update, nice!

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Arrrthritis posted:

I agree with this! It's pretty fun to experiment with different unit combinations on the field and getting a composition that can down champions before they leave the first monster room.

I've been finding my first room is almost always one shot by most heroes, I'm only on the 3rd stage though, so maybe that'll change later in the game.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Arrrthritis posted:

If you get lucky with hero composition vs monster composition you can tank some of their hits pretty well. A lot of it boils down to matching resistances vs where the heroes are going to attack imo.

I'm pretty dumb and haven't even been looking at the resistances, that should help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Dackel posted:

Suddenly a random spiritual successor to Battlechasers from the same dev appears??? Sign me up

I am currently playing a loving this game. Battlechasers is one of my all time favorite RPGs and this is hitting all the same spots.