Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

The 3DRealms game looks fantastic, anyone know what price they might come up with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Bogart posted:

Also its 2019 how are we still going off about aaa furries!!

Because they ruined anthropomorphism for many years to come.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Palpek posted:

Everreach: Project Eden - an action RPG released out of nowhere that looks pretty polished and was made by some ex-Bioware employees, might be short though

Only out for a few hours and at mostly negative reviews

Looks good though.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

itty bitty baby boy posted:

Hi, I just released a game called Wintermoor Tactics Club on Steam.

I think it's cool! That's probably not surprising. We actually got an 82 on Metacritic, which is dope as hell. It's kinda like Persona 4, but 1/4th as long, and with Into The Breach-combat instead of old-Final-Fantasy combat. Plus, it's got a little discount for launch week.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/917840/Wintermoor_Tactics_Club/

Splattercat did an LP of it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo6n7e_VXwk

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

teacup posted:

How is sea of thieves these days? It looks beautiful but I heard it had basically no gameplay.

If I wanted to just play it solo is it worth it? Do you have to spend big on IAP?

As someone who tends to solo a lot in multi games and has watched quite a bit of SoT LPs, I dont think you'll get much out of it without a few friends.

Here just watch Neebs LP of it and enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XvGFOSW4dc&list=PL1Uou2DWH7IFf4bZTCsfyr6AdqGAOXARJ

follow link for playlist

I really do enjoy a good sailing game, wish there were more.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 7, 2020

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Has anyone give Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk a try yet?
I've watched Splattercat playing the first map but games can really change after that.
Turn based comedy rpg
Looks pretty good.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/970830/The_Dungeon_Of_Naheulbeuk_The_Amulet_Of_Chaos/

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Alamoduh posted:

It is pretty bad, as of now. Every half hour or so, I get a freeze that makes me have to kill the process, and this has been widely reported by others on steam. The humor is great, if youre a misogynist or 13-15 years old, otherwise its easily the most unfunny game Ive ever played. Eg: there is an NPC named Binsc, with a giant miniature space hamster named Moo. An NPC says I used to be an adventurer like you till I took an arow to the knee. The bimbo elf says why does everyone want to put their hands in my pockets. The party leader says all these girls are naked under their clothes! Oh no, must focus.

However, the gameplay is pretty good, except their is a weird lag when you try to move, the keypresses are not always responsive, some of the stats and equipment dont work or give the proper bonuses, and its very punishing- like a version of XCOM where you will miss or be dodged if your to-hit is lower than 75%, be dodged if lower than 85%, and every other attack is a critical fail where you heal the enemy and damage yourself. Also lots of typos and things not translated from French. (French dev team).

Im a sucker for games like this, but play something else until it gets patched a few times. Fort triumph and the dark crystal tactics game are both better than this at the moment, and both of those are simply mediocre.

Well, that sucks.
Thanks for the truth.
I'll check back with it in 6 months or so then.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

TheParadigm posted:

Its not exactly a NEW release but it got more attention because of a recent humble bundle thing this year.

Battle chasers nightwar has phenomenal art and decent writing, even if its a bit of a traditional RPG experience.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/451020/Battle_Chasers_Nightwar/

fake edit: apparently its on a random sale too?

I'll give that a try.
Sounds good at only 6 bux.
Thanks

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Mandatory Assembly posted:

LVETZ-CBE4L-GMY0 (last letter is g)
33IBE-TFWYY-B8TH (last letter is h)
VELII-72P0E-DG3C (last number is 8)

Please do check it out and leave a review, it really helps indie publishers like us.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1204410/Kosmokrats/

3 is gone, I got 2, will give it a try later today.
Thanks

e: oh, looks like all 3 taken.

e2: i love potato based games

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 5, 2020

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I blew a potato storage cell, likely starving thousands of Kosmokrats.
A sad, sad day in the peoples history.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Chocobo posted:

Star Renegades.

JRPG combat meets Darkest Dungeon mechanics in a rogue-lite(?) with a great pixel art style rendered in a 3D engine. The campaign takes 2-4 hours, and when you finish you do it all over again from scratch except with new classes/class variants and equipment unlocked in the previous playthrough. Actions have consequences, party wipes end your current campaign and you have to start over again, but there's very little RNG so you can almost always solve problematic encounters. Decent fun, I did 13 campaign play throughs and have started chipping away at the five higher difficulty levels they just added.

It's early access, updates are fairly beefy and they seem to be sticking to their roadmap, but still you can probably wait for full release or nab it on sale unless it really sounds up your alley.

I'm not so big on pixel graphics, but i've really been looking at this for when I get a Switch.
Action is pretty cool looking.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/651670/Star_Renegades/

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I'm enjoying Valheim.
It's a 'little' janky but overall a decent co-op game.
I do recommend a closed server because people can just drop into your map take all your stuff and leave with it.
Characters are cross server.

This is a turtle you can go mining on before it sinks

Yggdrasil the world tree at night

You do NOT want to meet this guy too far out

This is me right before I died, right before I got to shore

Luckily your death marker floats and luckily someone else was just building our first real boat at that point

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 5, 2021

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

StarkRavingMad posted:

How is it solo?

Progression is through bosses, i.e. you dont get a pick until you get drops from the first boss.
The first boss is tough but totally soloable if you get your blocking and dodging down.
Chest loot doesnt have stuff like weapons and armor, thats all crafted, but does have items(cores) you need to build a smelter/forge/kiln etc.
Dungeons can be a little tight and tough to get the cores.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 5, 2021

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

But it says Frogwares on the Steam page?
Weird

"This is an old version of the game. There's no DLC, no cloud saves, no achievements,... This is NOT the same version that got released by Frogwares early Janurary, and Frogwares hasn't released any news about this release, so I doubt they'll ever see the money, which is why I'd recommend staying away from this until they do!"

though I wouldn't have bought it anyway just because of Epic exclusive

OgNar fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 26, 2021

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Tempted by both of these.
The EA game is a maybe because i've been burned by so many EA games (i'm looking at you BG3).
And who wouldnt want a Koi farm?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I really want to give this a try, love the look of it.
But I understand that its very unforgiving.
And I prefer fun over overly difficult.
I may try it since its cheap though.
Still waiting on more reviews or more of an LP before the price goes up.

Heres a bit of gameplay of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXM1v1JPjM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

lunar detritus posted:

Tasomachi is out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1015890/TASOMACHI_Behind_the_Twilight/

I played the demo in March and while it has great art direction, it made the case of my computer get hot and it felt very lacking in everything else. The reviews seem to confirm that not a lot has changed since then.

That is a damned good looking game.

The 2 pre release reviews on it are totally paid reviews though.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 14, 2021