Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Hey, I'm the publisher of this game so this is a shameless plug and I'll replace this with a godzilla gif if this isn't cool, mods.

We launched Necronator: Dead Wrong into Early Access today.

If you're old enough to remember the days of Flash games on Newgrounds and Kongregate, there was an amazing Indonesian studio called Toge Productions that made stuff that was head and shoulders better than just about any other Flash game makers. When I started Modern Wolf last year they were the first dudes I called up. And what they pitched me was Necronator: Dead Wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ENPYp9h8SM

It's a little bit of an inverted tower defense but it also features deck-building ala Slay the Spire and Dream Quest. It's really funny, too; we got one of the dudes from Fallen London to help with the script. You're a newly-graduated necromancer on a quest to conquer the living world with your army of the undead. And your guide in this quest is an ancient demi-god called the Necronator (he happens to be trapped in the form of a fat purple bat at the moment).

Because the cards and upgrades and relics etc are randomised, you can play lots of runs and have a different experience every time. There's a bit of a progression system in there already to unlock more decks, in a couple of months this will be much more fleshed out.

It's Early Access so it has maybe 20% of our planned content in there. We've got a regular drumbeat of content updates coming for it. One major content drop every month until the end of the summer, plus smaller updates more frequently; we already pushed an update on day 1 today fixing bugs and making balance tweaks based on the streamers and YouTubers who were playing advance copies.

Here's ManyATrueNerd playing it if you want to see a let's play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Hf0R4X0JQ

So check it out on Steam, goons. I love this dead dumb forum and it would mean a lot to me if SA got behind the game. We've got a bunch of other games coming out this year including a sequel to NEO Scavenger, a sweet 4-player co-op gothic pinball platformer, and some secret stuff we haven't announced yet. And next year we got a sequel to Out There.

It looked really interesting until I tried it and that reinforcement timer just killed it for me and I had to refund it. But it looks good! Just not for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Hey goons, our game Necronator: Dead Wrong launches out of Early Access this week, and it's on sale for the first time right now (20% off). There's a free exclusive cosmetic DLC that only folks who bought the game in Early Access will get. We've added a fuckload of content and polish since it launched in Early Access back in Feb and we've got more content coming post-launch.

Necronator is a run-based deck-builder mashed with a mini-RTS game: the card & relic synergy gameplay you get in Slay the Spire or Monster Train in a whole different context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ENPYp9h8SM

Please check it out and leave a review if you dig it! Modern Wolf is publishing more cool poo poo this year like Ostranauts (the follow-up to NEO Scavenger; think Rimworld meets The Expanse) and Kosmokrats, a Soviet zero-gravity comedy puzzle game.

goon bless

This thing still have that reinforcement timer? That made me refund it way back. If not, is there at least an option to disable it?