Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Squashy posted:

I bought this blind. I'm 6 hours in. This is amazing. It feels like a Next-Gen Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

Picking this up on the assumption you're referring to the overall atmosphere and tone and not the grindiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
On a similar note, make sure if you have any DPI stuff going on (I use my TV as my monitor) to select "Override high DPI settings" in the Compatibility settings for the game's executable. I had the resolution set to 4k but it looked indistinguishable from 720 or whatever the default setting was until I made that fix.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

Hob, Blossom Tales, Lenna's Inception, Wirewalk(), Ocean's Heart, World to the West, Anodyne, Songbringer....

Anodyne is pretty good but Anodyne 2 is a masterpiece, one of the most unique games I've played in a really long time and I never would have heard of it if it wasn't for one of the GOTY threads.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Oenis posted:

You unlock the different characters and weapons with metacurrency, which are all sidegrades, but it doesn't take all that long. There's also a 10 minute mode that speeds up the rate you earn the currency. I've played 100 minutes and I've got pretty much everything unlocked.

It took me a few plays to notice it, but there's a "Runes" menu with actual metaprogression. You can choose one of three each of an offensive and defensive rune you can swap between, so even though you can max everything out you can't bring everything at once to any given playthrough.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

I have a brain problem that made me buy this immediately upon seeing it uses the Earthbound font