Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Buy Pictopix, it owns and the developer is regularly uploading new puzzles.

Also the community has made a billion good puzzles, for a few months now I've just been going through them sorted by best rating in the last year. Definitely the best longevity of any of the Picross games I've tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Very much enjoying Exo One, it's very relaxing and a lot of fun. And I can engage in some Skyrim-style mountain climbing as well which scratches a certain itch. I'm not sure how much farther there is to go but it changes up the environment and rules creatively as you go on which is nice.

Moncage is a good pickup as well, still slowly working through that. Took a little while for the rules to click and it can be pretty non-obvious at times but it looks nice and makes sense.

Tavern Master is nice as well - very simple in design and concept but what's there is polished and well thought out, which isn't obvious just by looking at it. Definitely more engaging than you might think.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
In any case I wouldn't say you have to restart anyways :shrug: you have enough choices generally to shape things well as you go along.

Grabbing the Horticulture game! I enjoyed the demo more than I thought I would.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

moonmazed posted:

is there some reason you're such a dick?

Lots of old games were just ugly and just being 'retro' isn't a free pass on having ugly graphics. And to say 'well it's this or Call of Duty' is pretty dumb given all the other stylistic options available.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I'm enjoying it as well but it's a little frustrating where sometimes you'll be fighting something and not be sure if you're supposed to die or if I'm just bad at the game. Like (hopefully not a spoiler) there's a big spider at one point and it's not really clear if it's expected I lose and try again or just to 'get good'.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Thanks! I ran away from the boss, did another couple of levels and got more items, and then was able to defeat the spinny fire guy. It took a while though - I had a resist fire armor on and was barely taking any damage, but it took a long time to chip away at him. But I'm killing normal enemies in one hit so my output seems ok otherwise...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Rad Russian posted:

The original Heroes of Might and Magic's spiritual pixel art successor Songs of Conquest is out today.

* in Early Access.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
For anyone else who played this for zillions of hours as a kid...

ReVolt has been ReReleased on Steam!

4k, 120fps. Everything else just how I remember it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

I still own my copy. Does the remake still have the track designer?

It does!

Farthest Frontier, a Banished-like city builder by Crate of Grim Dawn fame, is in Early Access as of today.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah I really dig it. Once you really get a sense of balance and how to shift weight and stuff things that seemed impossible are very tricky but doable and very satisfying. Definitely early days of Early Access but it's very satisfying still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

Is there a demo for the climbing game? The video says try the demo on steam, and I'm maybe too dumb or something. I don't see it.

The demo was only up for a few days about 2 weeks before EA went up I think. The EA does have more stuff than the demo did FWIW.