Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

This is really good. It's what I always wanted Defcon to be like, with just that bit more depth. My only gripe so far is that deselecting naval units after you've moved them can be a bit of a hassle. Planning coordinated strikes then just sitting back and watch them play out is great (even though I'm terrible at it.) I like the aesthetic better than Defcon's, and seeing photos of the cities when you hover over them is a great touch. Setting satellite orbits is neat, too. Glad I took a punt on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

David D. Davidson posted:

If they didn't, it would be mistaken as a follow-up to the greatest sniping game of all time: https://youtu.be/8kH1HI0Mh9c

No, that would be JFK Reloaded. :q:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Can confirm 1bitdragon is really neat. I've never made anything good or listenable in it, but I've had a lot of fun making a godawful racket.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Picked this up immediately. Three levels in and I am completely sold, it's awesome. The weapons are satisfying as hell, level design is cool, and they've pulled off making you feel like a stompy robot guy without also being ponderous and clunky. Can recommend!

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

PurpleXVI posted:

Just as long as it removes that extremely unfun stage of Xenonauts 1 where the psychic enemies showed up, and it turned out they didn't need LoS to target your guys, so every round was a game of "oh boy is someone getting mind controlled and blasting their buddy in the back?" That was the only part of that game I disliked.

I never get that far in XN1. I'm just hoping the aliens can no longer camp in their flying saucer, opening the door at the start of their turn, shooting out without triggering overwatch, and then closing it again. Initial impressions are good though, it does clunk a lot less now, and it's nice to be able to throw grenades more than a handful of spaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I picked this up hoping it would do for TR2 (which I loved, was the first game I played on the PS1) what the anniversary edition of TR1 did for the original.

It doesn't.

I could put up with the shonky graphics (oh, which are wayyy too dark unless you switch to the o.g. graphics, with no way I've found to adjust the gamma), but it seems that - if you're planning to use a controller - some of the standard moves don't work at all if you set it to the 'modern' control scheme. The action button, needed for ledge grabs, climbing out of water, flipping switches etc. just doesn't work at all, and you can't tap back to do the little hop backwards in order to drop down and hang off a ledge either, so it seems to be effectively unplayable unless you go mouse + keyboard or use the original tank controls. (This is with a PS5 controller and the recommended Steam control scheme. idk if you could finagle some working settings by reconfiguring the setup in Steam, and I certainly can't be arsed to try, so I just refunded it.)