Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_____!
May 2, 2004

Inertial Drift is out today on everything. It is a twin stick racing/drifting game. Fair warning it takes a while to "click" since you can barely steer normally, which I'm not a huge fan of but is fun enough to keep at it.

10% off until the 18th ($17.99)There is a demo subtitled Sunset Prologue if you want to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_____!
May 2, 2004

Inertial Drift trip report hour 30 minute summation: the control gimmick is pretty fun.

PROTIP: Start button skips horrendous story cutscenes.

_____!
May 2, 2004

Why the gently caress is there no manual or tutorial in BPM?! When you mash up that many ideas it isn't obvious how any of your poo poo basically functions. I'm decent at roguelikes, fps and rythm games but this isn't working.

For the record I can't believe I'm complaining there ISN'T a tutorial. I expect not to know interactions and poo poo of that ilk but basic movement and distance etc should at least be explained. For example why does it say "too far" and then when I move farther away it can shoot?

Tl;Dr: what obvious poo poo am I missing? It is such a great concept.

_____! fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 19, 2020

_____!
May 2, 2004

Hashy posted:

-The range on guns before you upgrade your character is very limited, forcing you to get in close

Thank you. The other things you posted are fine for figuring out on my own (or upthread comments) but basic stuff like what I quoted was exactly what I'm getting hung up on. For example that logic applies to rogue-likes while I would expect it to behave like a gun in an fps.

Maybe Doom Eternal spoiled me with stopping everything to explain the controls :v:

_____! fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 19, 2020

_____!
May 2, 2004

bawk posted:

BABBDI

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2240530/BABBDI/

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256919851/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1670511564

It's a first-person exploration game where you can pick up and hold one item at a time. Your goal is to get a train ticket and leave the city of BABBDI. Your real goal is actually to look around and find all of the different secret items/collectibles hidden everywhere around the map.

Items range from a flashlight to a trumpet that doots depending on how high or how low you're holding, to a pickaxe that lets you scale any vertical surface to a :krad: motorbike

It's not very long, it's not very deep, you can probably beat it all in an hour or two. But it is free :homebrew:

Just tried this out. If you skip it you aren't missing much but you can waste a totally enjoyable hour on it. or in my case more because I keep breaking outside of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_____!
May 2, 2004

gently caress I was going to sit this one out since for once I have like 4 games I'm bouncing between but y'all convinced me. One of those games being S.T.A.L.K.E.R. so maybe I just have a thing for exclusion zones :v:

I also thought it was a Subnautica/the Forest-a-like so I'm guessing their marketing department might have been a little off.

\/\/\/\/ Hmm that's an interesting way of putting it! I never really got the impression of base building from the trailer, more the survival aspect. Either way it looks like I know what I'm playing this weekend.

_____! fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 23, 2024