Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I've just picked up New Super Lucky's Tale on Game Pass, which came out last week. It's a 3D Platformer (with some 2D levels) which is aggressively cute, but actually really well done. The movement is solid and the controls are snappy, and the level design so far is pretty nice, lots of variety and little hidden secrets.

Well worth a look if you want something colourful and silly that's not Fall Guys (which is amazing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

Also, we're getting another Serious Sam on the 24th. It's the fourth one, maybe fifth one? Serious Sams numbering scheme is weird. Nothing since Second Encounter has looked fun anyway, other than the pixel RPG parody a few years ago, but this trailer had me at AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iok7lSET91Q

The time is right. DOOM has shown that the classic shooter genre isn't where nostalgia has to die. All Sam needs to do is not crawl up his own rear end like Duke Nukem. I want to run backwards and dump infinite ammo into an endless horde with a couple of friends. If they can capture that mayhem again... One can hope, right?

I am so hype for this. The Legion System they mad to get as many enemies on screen as possible is awesome -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaqlJAovzXE

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

al-azad posted:

I've never seen a game with extra content released a year later that wasn't already an enjoyable experience day 1.

My friend, let me tell you about a little game called No Man’s Sky.

I actually enjoyed NMS from day one but a lot of people understandably didn’t.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

The OUTRIDERS Demo dropped tonight. Not a beta, a proper demo, and so far game feels really nice.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Chadzok posted:

Having been provided a Sega Master System instead of anything Nintendo when I was a child, this game was my Mario. Feel sad for me

There were three sonic games for the master system and while they weren’t the same as the mega drive / genesis versions they were pretty legit. Alex Kidd in Miracle World was weird though. There was a part in some red castle where I would get stuck every time, it would just dead end weirdly and 7-8 year old me could never figure it out.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Man, I was really into that until the actual gameplay started and I saw it's a weird top-down (and turnbased?) thing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Jedit posted:

Er, yes? What did you think a roguelike was?

I always associated "roguelike" with the mechanic of mass-replaying levels, usually procedural in some form, with an over-arching progression/unlock system beyond each "life". I didn't realise it apparently specifically calls out topdown grid based stuff too.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Play posted:

It doesn't, although obviously Rogue itself was top-down and turn based.

The main features of roguelikes/lites are procgen elements (like levels), stuff that makes each run somewhat different like varied powerups, and the fact that you start over at the beginning when you die and then go again. Whether it's turn-based or action those should generally apply.

Yeah this is exactly what I thought but then I got shouted at for being surprised Jupiter Hell was topdown. :ohdear:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Khanstant posted:

This is cool but also feels like a tool or add-on I wish I had for Blender.

The guy that made townscaper said that he made it more as a toy to fool around with than an actual game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Omno just released, after being kickstarted three years ago - https://store.steampowered.com/app/969760/Omno/

It's a very chill exploration/light puzzle game, with some platforming, excellent movement mechanics, and a really pretty aesthetic. It's on Steam and Game Pass and I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

Pretty picture:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Play posted:

Skydrift Infinity is an arcade plane racing console game from 2011 that is getting a Windows port. Not sure if it's a remake, remaster or port really but whatever it is, it's available now.

You hear that? It's not only light and quick, but also fast- paced! lol

The original is also on steam, I played it way back and it was a pretty good fun acradey plane racer.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Play posted:

Lifeslide looks like a game I could use every once in a while. Chill and relaxing, but also stimulating due to the flight mechanics and environments. This one's been on Apple Arcade for a while I believe but is now coming to Steam.

Has a demo, tried it and I am sold, the flying is really nice.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Tombot posted:

The Demo was pretty sweet, but I think the upgrade system is a bit weird, perhaps they didn't want to spend too long trying to balance each plane and instead allow the player to fix any problems with it.

Having played more of this, I don't think the upgrades even out the stats of the planes. They still feel distinct with max upgrades, the fast ones are loving fast with max upgrades and the ones with sluggish turning/lift still feel more sluggish in those regards, the baseline is just higher.

I finished the game and the credits rolled, and then it kind of just loops in to the start of the game again with your upgrades intact, and it makes you feel like a god. I got through about 66% of the game without touching down because a) i was better and b) my plane stats were amazing and I could glide over gaps that caused problems before.

It's a fun game :shobon:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Palpek posted:

This looks cool and flew under the radar: Star Drift Evolution

Hold the loving phone, how is this NOT made by the same people that did Art of Rally?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Is it still as terrible as the demo that was out for Steam Next like 2 years ago? Because it was almost unplayably bad at that point.