Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

priznat posted:

My friends and I are keeping an eye on it, it looks like it would be fun to run your own server and have buddies hop on/off.

That's basically the only way multiplayer works right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Philthy posted:

Buddy keeps telling me to buy Valheim and that its the best thing ever.

It's pretty good. I'd say on par with the forest as far as co-op survival games go.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

How is it solo?

My wife won't let me play without her, but a lot of the fun so far has been the "holy poo poo why did you bring the troll back to our poo poo shack" moments. I think you would lose out on that kind of stuff solo.

I think it also scales difficulty based on players? There was something In the patch notes today that eluded to that.