Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Spanish Matlock posted:

So far what I've seen of Valheim is very promising but easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

1. You can repair items for free at your workbench. This means that you only ever need to create an item once. (Unless you die in a really awkward place to get your corpse back)

2. Deconstructing a building gives back 100% of its resources so you can't gently caress up placement.

3. You keep your levels and gear on your character. So get together on your friends server to play through the story but you can totally grind for upgrades and poo poo to your equipment on your own server if you want.

Edit:

4. The fact that you can just run a non-dedicated server with several friends and there's no tethering mechanic is awesome too.

5 Also the sailing seems like it's very cool with actual waves and wind direction and stuff. Like more robust than it has to be for sure.

Is the difficulty tunable at all, or is there just a single default level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Someone made a post earlier saying the game was punishing, but I'm having a ball and have only died to a tree so far. I really like that there are physics in the building! Having to build a reinforcing structure for a loft has taken up most of my playtime so far.

Edit: Behold my palace!

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 9, 2021

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

victrix posted:

Curse of the Dead Gods is out and it's rad

The reductive take will be "it's like Hades", but it has its own thing going on and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Have to see if it holds up for the long haul.

Can you talk a little about things it does differently? I'm interested

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

This trailer is giving me strong Jupiter Ascending vibes and I kinda like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ckBIXZ044

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

What do you mean, I look forward to playing it on my brand new Pentium 3 and AMD Rage 128!