Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Merrill Grinch posted:

Nobody else has mentioned it, and I feel it may end up criminally overlooked, so here's my blurb about Nioh 2 (ps4), which may be the perfect social distancing game of the season.

Take a fast-paced Souls-like with a ton of options for builds, add a Diablo-esque loot system with plenty of room for crafting, tinkering and generally min/maxxing to your heart's content, sprinkle in lots of friendly Co-op action and that's the Nioh series. The first game had a absolute ton of content including an extremely robust NG+/++/etc and Nioh 2 is reportedly no different. Best of all, it's a prequel so who cares if you didn't play the first one? Also, there's a demon pufferfish cats who will follow you around and bump spike-ily into your enemies while charging your special power meter.

It's hard, but not punishingly so, and you can grind past things you're not good enough for by helping other people fight things they're not good enough for (which is totally my jam). Caveat: there's no real PvP so take that as the deal maker or breaker you feel it is.

I enjoyed Nioh 1, until I got to the second zone and it took all my healing pots away and made me do a super annoying level. I ended up stopping there.
Does Nioh 2 do the same thing? Take your healing pots away between zones?

TwoDayLife fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Osmosisch posted:

I think they were talking about how you're forced into one of those dojo missions straight after completing the first map, at least that's how I'm interpreting their post. Or it could be about how your equipment is reset after getting out of London. There's a couple of instances of inventory fuckery now that I think on it further.

I should have been more specific.
The game taking my healing limit from 8?->3 in the mines level is what got me to quit.
Losing all the Kodama between zones annoying me to the point where I didn't want to play anyway.
It didn't help that they did it for, what I heard, is one of the worst levels in the game.

So basically the question is does Nioh 2 reset you healing limit between zones like the first one did?

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

thecluckmeme posted:

Took me an hour and a half to beat Lucifer Within Us, I didn't catch every contradiction but once you suss out enough details in a case you can steamroll to its end pretty hard once identify the likely chain of events. Still pretty fun, although I wish there was more of it with only 3 cases total.

I also made sure to purge the world of the devil's grass, lest it be allowed to sully this pure world.

Honestly, the game feels like a demo or a prologue of a longer game.
The game itself is ok, but my playtime was under an hour. Price is a little steep for what amounts to the intro case of a Phoenix Wright game amount of content.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Play posted:

This game has a poo poo tutorial that doesn't explain anything that you need to know to be successful in the game, which really annoyed me. I love the look and the interesting story background so maybe in the future I can get back into it, but upon first play it really annoyed me how poorly they communicated the mechanics to the player.

I think this is by design in Mind Scanners.
Once you've figured out the mini-games that's pretty much all there is to the game.
They never get harder and the game never really mixes them up much the status effects are dull and pointless.

Really disappointed with the game. It could have been a lot more.
Instead once you unlock the 8 or so mini-games that's pretty much it for the rest of the game, you just have to do more of them
It gets really boring when you have to take multiple days to cure a patient by doing the same three tasks 15 times.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

This game is super great and weird in all the right ways.
Been planning it all weekend.
Game is like 50% creepy robot adventure game 50% fishing for rare frogs.