Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Gah, this looks like Escape Velocity....dope as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Palpek posted:

I don't know how they turned a Moeabius comic book into computer graphics but I'm glad they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fojy_YRseGk

I really love how this game looks. I have no idea if I'll enjoy playing it but you'd better be sure I will check it out!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Overboard too I think?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Unsighted - I know it sounds like a joke but I kept having trouble seeing what was area you can step on vs borders of the environment. At least in the first area.

Seems fun though. And complex.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Is anyone playing Guardians of the Galaxy? I'm...tempted, but probably will wait for a sale. Looks kind of fun imo.

Edit, this is the wrong thread but maybe not?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

When does it release? Can you post a trailer?

Trailer here! https://youtu.be/Q0fdMDwhVzk

It came out yesterday on PC, Xbox. PlayStation.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Does Exo One have like...a plot? I can't tell.

Undungeon giving me Children of Morta vibes.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Archvale is...not a roguelike

Edit: this was answered. Leaving this here for my shame to hang out

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm looking forward to people's reports on Space Warlord Organ... I've bought too many first-day releases lately and am going to let somebody else break the frontier.

Pretty sure it's on gamepass fyi

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

StoryTime posted:

ARPGs are a genre that has been rapidly developed and honed since Diablo 2. Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. I wouldn't revisit the old games of the genre unless it's just a nostalgia thing. Dark Alliance was cool for its time, but it has been superseded in every possible way.

I will also say that Minecraft Dungeons is a great way to get into the genre without the blizzard supporting aspect (Diablo 3), or the rather insane system depth (Path of Exile). It's also on gamepass, cross platform (PC/switch/Xbox can all play together online), and also has 4 player couch co-op. Also has regular big DLCs every few months- definitely not the same as it was at launch.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I haven't done it but I don't see why it wouldn't be fine old school wasd style.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I've looked through the thread with threadsearch, and the future of FreeSpace-like story-driven sci-fi space simulators is basically non-existent, eh?

Maybe you'd like Chorus?

Currently playing through it and I love it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Trailer (either the one you linked or the gameplay) makes it look very arcade-like, which FreeSpace really isn't (well, not to the degree that Descend was) so to me it doesn't really look that interesting, since it also appears to be third-person - but probably more damning is that there's no HOTAS support (unless that's changed in the last half year).

I guess it can change by the time a release rolls around, since I'm not going to pay for the privilege of being their QA - but I guess I'll keep it in mind for when it's a full game.

This is all true! Except it is full release, not early access, so I would doubt they'll add that specific controller support. And while the combat is pretty arcadey I guess, there is a lot of dialogue and the side missions have a few interesting bits, although it's not amazing writing by any stretch. The trailers also are mostly action, which there is plenty of, but there's also just a lot of flying around and sometimes your character will talk to her (sentient) ship. I think it has a demo, fyi. Good luck in finding something!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

haldolium posted:

it's a few days out (March 1) but I just saw FAR will get another title FAR Changing Tides

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256868652/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1641927358

It also has a demo

for those who do not know, FAR Lone Sails is an excellent sidescrolling game, with really nice physical gameplay, great soundtrack, marvelous visuals and atmosphere. It has more gameplay to it as INSIDE or similar games, but is equally short (4h or so). Very much recommended.

I'm fairly sure this is a day 1 gamepass game too! Looks really neat.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Tunic is now available on Steam and Xbox! https://store.steampowered.com/app/553420/TUNIC/

quote:

Explore a land filled with lost legends, ancient powers, and ferocious monsters in TUNIC, an isometric action game about a small fox on a big adventure.

My understanding is it's pretty old school Zelda like with some obscure systems. Gonna check it out this evening.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Lakbay posted:

I was worried Tunic would feel subpar or too similar to Death's Door but it feels very distinct and there's more of an emphasis on figure out what the heck is going on and exploration. The combat isn't as good as Death's Door so far though

I think I agree on both points, I really miss the roll -> attack combo from Death's Door. Played to a little past the first boss bar guy and afterward, in the overworld, I found a shopkeeper that really made me :eyepop:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The best implementation I've seen is Hades god mode where the more you die, the less damage you take up to...50% less?

Pretty grand idea imo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

moonmazed posted:

hob was really good imo

Somehow I missed this game completely even though it came out a few years ago. It's made by the Torchlight folks?? Wishlisted...

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

Nope, pages never change nor do words in the environment. Its just you learning what stuff is supposed to mean in Tunic and learning the symbology.

One small exception, map pages will show your location on them if you're in that area

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Someday we'll get Ensign Kim's K'Neelix Codex, the puzzle solving visual novel/kitchen sim that will surely shoot straight to the top of the charts!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1851280/Samurai_Bringer/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256882944/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1650423915

I know someone mentioned this but just wanted to show the very unique looking art style. Very Positive reviews (56 to 0)

Weirdly like...HD PS1/N64 style? Kind of nifty.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Would Peglin fans enjoy Beast Breaker?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Now that's a fuckin premise :eyepop:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I like how Scorn is sandwiched in between those two colorful games.

Trifox looks like dumb fun. I'm a sucker for the fun colors / somewhat minimalist/ isometric perspective. Deaths Door, Tunic etc.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Aesthetic kind of reminds of the old Mac game SketchFighter 4000 Alpha

Although that was really a Metroidvania.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

8 year old me playing Escape Velocity is extremely loving intrigued.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I think this one is on gamepass too fyi

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

are they true roguehikes or merely roguehites

Cozyvania / zelderps.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

victrix posted:

I think you just described life

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I too am a unique boy from a village

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

victrix posted:

This isn't strictly new since it launched in Dec, but it's getting incredibly overlooked:

Togges

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1550270/Togges/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtZQakG85ws

What if puzzle game with adorable Roomba, but Mario Galaxy?

No seriously, it's adorable

drat, that looks charming as hell. Thanks!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Decon posted:

Hyper Light Drifter got a gameplay trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQb-m0RaG0

I'm still interested, but I missed the news that they'd decided to go with a procedurally generated, coop, roguelite.

That genre is just so crowded, and Hyper Light Drifter felt so unique. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I won't pretend my hype isn't dampened a bit by this news.

I think it looks cool as hell!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Oh wow, it's tickling the long dormant Mario Galaxy parts of my brain

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Dtd needs to come to switch :colbert:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I hadnt heard about this untill the lead on it was just on Remap Radio a few weeks ago and seemed like awesome guy. Also, I think it's by the same team that did Hypnospace Outlaw - is that a goon team?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

FutureCop posted:

I don't believe it is the same developer, but there are some shared staff. Most likely you might be thinking of Xalavier Nelson Jr. who served as writer/narrative designer for both Hypnospace Outlaw and El Paso Elsewhere, and does the music/raps and voice over for the protagonist as well, if I'm not mistaken.

That's exactly right. Thanks for the clarification.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I feel like every third episode of trek has them investigating some recent colony that's been turned into ghosts or whatever so there's obviously some level of expansion going on all the time

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

This looks like such a delight. Thanks!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

This game is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Fatty posted:

Banishers:Ghosts of New Eden
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257000110/movie480_vp9.webm

New one from Don't Nod. Very positive on Steam and gaming sites are giving it about 7/10. I actually enjoyed Remember Me and Vampyr despite their flaws, so may give it a try.

I hadn't heard of this until yesterday when someone posted about it in the steamdeck thread: it apparently runs at a locked 40-45 on the deck with no trouble. So that's cool.