Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

SlightlyMad posted:

The Curious Expedition is a nice 19th century explorer game, and the sequel Curious Expedition 2 is now in the Steam game festival demo event, free to try for a few days. Go check it out.

I've played the original and can recommend it.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the demo. I'm a huge fan of The Curious Expedition, I've poured several dozen hours into it. If that is the demo I will be extremely worried as it just seemed like a very early alpha version.

Edit: It is the alpha version. On the one hand, I'm relieved, on the other, I'm disappointed that they chose an alpha as a demonstration of what the full game has to offer.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Cardiovorax posted:

Can you explain to me what I'm missing? I own the game and I've played it a few times, but it never seemed to me like it has all that much substance to it. It seems very charming, so I would really like to enjoy it more than I do.

I don't even know if I can explain it myself. It's one of those games where I've invested a lot of time in at once and then not touch for a long while. Now that I've put some thought into it I don't even know myself, I've only gone away with a win because of RNG. I've always thought of it as a nice concept and premise, even though I keep losing I keep coming back despite the RNG.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1574580/Strange_Horticulture/

Strange Horticulture

quote:

Strange Horticulture is an occult puzzle game in which you play as the proprietor of a local plant store. Find and identify new plants, pet your cat, speak to a coven, or join a cult. Use your collection of powerful plants to influence the story and unravel Undermere’s dark mysteries.

There is a demo of the first couple of days, the full game should be released in the next two or three months. The demo was enjoyable and this type of game is right up my alley.