Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

deep dish peat moss posted:

So this game Space Haven has been on my wishlist for a while and released in EA today.

It's a colony builder with pixel art graphics where you live in a spaceship that you build as you go, mine resources from asteroids with mining pod drones, fight off aliens, explore derelict space hulks with your away team, make sure your rooms are properly heated and supplied with power, grow artificial meat in labs, trade with errant traders, etc.

The graphics are really nice and it seems like it could go places. If you've played the Rimworld mod Save Our Ship/SOS you should feel right at home here

caveat emptor it's EA but I've been enjoying it

This looks like it could turn out well, wishlisted.

It also just occurred to me that what I'd really like to see is a fantasy version of this, maybe with D&D's Spelljammer setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Daedalus1134 posted:

Hardspace: Shipbreaker just started early access on Steam for 20 bucks (25 after July 7th). You work as a shipyard scrapper for a megacorp, doing your best to cut apart ships and pay off your billion credit debt.

This sounds like it should be the sequel to Subnautica.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Epic store showed it as a $20 game to me.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

That's surprisingly inexpensive for a Warhammer title. Also fairly low system requirements.

e: Ah, one of the reviews claims it's a port of a mobile game. That would explain it.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 19, 2021

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Cactus posted:

Anyone played Evil Genius 2 yet? It's still unavailable for me but 6 friends have played it already according to Steam so any early impressions?

No, but I wasted the whole day at work watching reviews and playthroughs. Looks like a pretty faithful recreation of the original, with updated graphics and good performance.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

StrixNebulosa posted:

For 48$:

and I'm not giving it a quote.

This must mean it's amazing.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Is Ascent like Diablo where you can revisit old areas for more XP and loot?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Bought The Ascent last week and have been enjoying cyberpunk Diablo, except for all the crashes. If you keep it on DX11 and don't have any programs open that interact with it (Steam overlay, Discord at all), it runs just fine.

Crouching behind cover and blind-firing over the top of it is your friend.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Riftbreaker came out yesterday. Factorio with less ridiculous production lines, better graphics, and you're in a mech/battlesuit. Runs well on my near-potato.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1269710/Kainga_Seeds_of_Civilization/

Early access

Full disclosure I backed the kickstarter on this one and am excited for it

Looks like this is someone's solo project. Do they have a good track record? Game looks interesting, but don't want to get another Gnomoria.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

https://store.steampowered.com/app/860890/Factory_Town/

Factory Town came out of early access yesterday. It's on sale for $10 until the 24th. Very chill non-combat city/supply chain builder. Buildings can be relocated at no cost, population can't starve to death or anything. I'm not too far in, but I don't think you can really lose by accident, you'd have to locust most/all of the resources on the map without ever building a resource generator and then burn all the resources you'd need to build one.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I kind of bounced off the demo of FiTS while it was still in EA, but bought the release version on a whim and have been enjoying it. Just wondering how much intergame progression I need to unlock the grappler deck.

e: Just unlocked the grappler deck. Needs level 15

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 8, 2021

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I haven't kept up with the thread and this title hit Steam in December sooooo, not so fresh but:

https://poncle.itch.io/vampire-survivors

Vampire Survivors is a rogue-like with no button mashing, just directional controls. It's super addictive for the first few hours. Try it or buy it at the link above.

You're a page or two too late, but you're right that it's fun: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3991144

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Play posted:

Positive reviews. Looks cute and people seem to like the word riddles although I don't really understand how they work.

The puzzles in the trailer seemed a bit like Scribblenauts. I was hoping for something more like Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Head or Tail of It.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

cant cook creole bream posted:

But no PC release yet, so I guess I'll pass on it.

That's the forbidden part.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Brandfarlig posted:

There's at least one grotesquely swollen eyeball too, if that's what you like.

I'd play a point-n-click with a beholder protagonist.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

OgNar posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1284190/The_Planet_Crafter/

Planet Crafter was released today.
Survival, basebuilding, exploration

You are essentially a convict sentenced to terraform a planetoid but your ship crashes so you have to take short jaunts out to find crafting recipes and minerals to build all the stuff.
Its a decent little game, though not hard if you are efficient, you can only get food from scavenged crates in broken ship pieces until you terraform enough to get the recipe to build an indoor grow item.
No danger besides air and water.

Its kinda cool watching your atmosphere and land change as you progress though.

It's got a demo, giving it a whirl

e: trip report - it's a less good subnautica with no monsters

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 25, 2022

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Trailer looked interesting, but got about 3 seconds into the gameplay footage, thought "this looks like it was made with a Doom (1993) level editor" and noped out.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yes? Computer graphics from thirty years ago looked like poo poo and I don't miss them at all. I hate this trend of indie games putting pixel graphics in every drat thing.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Snooze Cruise posted:

stylistic choices > "good graphics" any day of the week

Is there some reason they couldn't do both or are you mistaking 80s&90s nostalgia for "style"?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

moonmazed posted:

is there some reason you're such a dick?

You recommended upthread that anyone who isn't currently deepthroating an artist who worked at id in the early 90s should just play Call of Duty forever, so this seems like a pot & kettle situation.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

cant cook creole bream posted:

Okay, that one looks really great, I think I'll try it after the holidays.

:same:

Has a demo, too

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

ultrafilter posted:

Jack Move: I.C.E Breaker

Free, 97% positive based on 45 reviews.

This one's a demo for a game with a release date later this year. Trailer's giving me vibes of FF7 meets SNES Shadowrun

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Somfin posted:

Game's a fuckin banger

The action side of the gameplay is very Binding of Isaac-lite. Not sure I'm feeling the cult management side of it; they can't feed themselves, they age way too quickly, and seed attrition on farm plots is atrocious.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

CzarChasm posted:

Also, the creation tools were deep, but in weird directions. For example, there are a lot of options for artificial limbs (IIRC), but clothing options are surprisingly limited.

That's not inconsistent with the gameplay of the previous SR games. You got a wide range of options for physical appearance, but had a starting outfit that you were expected to use in-game currency to replace as part of a tutorial mission. Purchasing new clothing also was one way to (slowly) increase your "respect", which determined when new missions would become available to you.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Dunno about the current game, but Fights in Tight Spaces is a pretty good deckbuilding fighting game.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Hwurmp posted:

why does punk get all the genres

because you only need to know 3 chords and how to shout incoherently into the mic

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

CainFortea posted:

All words are created to describe things.

"undescribable"

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Hwurmp posted:

solarcottage

corepunk

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

BrianRx posted:

Reference, please. I'm not mad enough.

we're all mad here

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

That Dang Dad posted:

Wow, I'm really jazzed about this. The old That Which Sleeps thread was a riot to follow on here, had all that juicy Kickstarter-dev-in-over-their-head drama you love/hate to see and then a goon steps up and says "gently caress it, I can actually make this." God bless these forums of ours

I've been considering Against the Storm as the successor to the failed KS/EA project Clockwork Empires, assuming it doesn't somehow implode right before the finish line.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Fights in Tight Spaces just came out w/ a gun-fu DLC

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Against the Storm just came out of early access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtA1BAeeOAE
Consistent "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews throughout early access, 35% launch discount.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Everdraed posted:

a goon game so good i forcibly made dis trailer for it since they didn't have one lol

Looks like it's kind of like Fights In Tight Spaces, just dice instead of cards and no slick graphics?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I rather liked the large number of Steam curators who had already rated Hades 2 long before the pre-EA demo that came out a few days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Jossar posted:

To be fair, unless Hades 2 turned out to be a complete disaster that destroyed Supergiant utterly, it was always going to be good enough for at least a positive review just by virtue of being "more Hades".

Then I've got a copy of Clockwork Empires to sell you.