Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Circle empires rivals just dropped 3 days ago.

I've got 28 hours in the previous single player only game and maybe 16 in this one so far, it's got more depth than you think, if you want to try competition. Or you can have a good 10-50+ hours just going through the missions/getting achievements and playing.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1100260/Circle_Empires_Rivals/

Circle Empires: Rivals is the multiplayer sequel to the original award-winning real-time strategy game enjoyed by more than 300,000 players worldwide! Fast-paced action and hundreds of different units combined with a procedurally-generated world of circles to make every session exciting and unique. You’ll have to devise new strategies and clever tactics to defeat your enemies, harvest resources and increase your power – alone or online with friends!

“It’s amazing to have watched the project evolve from a free demo into the single-player experience, and now at last, into a multiplayer one as well!” – The Luminous Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I've got something like 16 hours in star renegades now, I almost kinda bounced off it for a bit, but once you understand the depth of the systems and get some experience it opens up.

It still took me like 12 Runs/deaths (varying success) to get past the 2nd world and I can only do it with one team so far until I unlock some other equipment.

It being roguelite instead of roguelike allowed me to play buzzed today and if I wiped, oh well, still progressing.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Donnerberg posted:

Star Renegades is a turn-based RPG from the people who did Halcyon 6, which was a big space sim RPG I could never get into. It looks gorgeous and seems to be about fighting mechs.

As Far As The Eye is a strange one. They call it a roguelike city builder with no combat. I don't know what that means, and haven't tried the demo. It might be fun. It certainly sounds unique.

These are good, I've been chipping away at them, they are frustrating but I keep coming back.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

The game is single player only, how did you get the MMO/multiplayer impression?
I also would like to know more info, I kinda got some Elona+ or disgaea vibes, heard there was some "broken" mechanics like elder scrolls potion/enchant stuff going on, manipulate systems, break the game in fun ways.

Ridiculous and foreign, but maybe good..
Edit: haven't played rimworld yet but it's been on my wishlist forever.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 8, 2020

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Hades is just as good as they say, it paired nicely with the new Netflix anime Blood of Zeus.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145360/Hades/

(I think it's cheaper on epic maybe if that's your thing)

Amazing cultivation simulator scratches a Kenshi/Disgaea itch
Unfortunately my ' button for attack is apparently broke on my keyboard, so I bought a non best buy/gamer decent mechanical keyboard and am waiting for it to ship.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 31, 2020

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

I think you misunderstood that. They're not literally paired. There's absolutely no relation between Hades and that anime, they just thematically go well together.
This is indeed what I meant, It refreshed me on the stories, traits and themes of olympic gods after not learning about them since early school.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1260590/Hadean_Tactics/

Amazing mixture of Deck-building roguelike (Slay the Spire) with Auto-battler combat (any auto-chess game) works like a charm in this game. Game is a lotta fun for the fans of the deck-building games
This is pretty good you can get some fun interactions going after awhile. I had some really narrow wins I didn't think I could pull off.
I won a battle with zero of my main units alive more than once, multiple replicating slimes finished the enemies off (spell card, you can clone the unit as well)

You unlock more advanced stuff as you go and can use different strategies.
There's only one "hero" so far, but if the game ever gets easy you can unlock harder modes.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

https://thingonitsown.itch.io/heros-hour

Coming to steam in a few months $10 now.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1656780/Heros_Hour/

It's basically a heros of might and magic 3 clone! (the good one)

Hero's Hour is an accessible, yet-deep and content-rich Strategy Roleplaying Game. Take control of your hero, explore the world, build up your town, fight fast-paced battles, level up your hero and amass an army large enough to take out the opponents - before they take you out.

It's been #1 on itch.io for a few weeks now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tHkNjidg0Y
https://youtu.be/5tHkNjidg0Y

Protip: you can split your army stacks with shift for better positioning

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

On heros hour;

You absolutely can tactic the battles, issue general move orders, split stacks and have 2 3 4 stacks of archers behind a wall of peasants, kite, dash in and dash out with some units.

It's a bit of a pain to micro, but you'll save yourself attrition if you do some. I started doing the strategy battles to learn more, you get an army of a set amount of gold and complete the puzzle of a battle.

The game does crash in it's current state occasionally but it's really good about autosave so you'll never lose more than a turn or battles maybe 1 min of time or less usually.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Hello Sailor posted:

Looks like this is someone's solo project. Do they have a good track record? Game looks interesting, but don't want to get another Gnomoria.
There's definitely something there, but a few things seem broke and were pissing me off, but also there are tools around to mitigate.

As an example I had built some 2 story houses that trapped the builders on an inaccessible plateau, but later I was able to tame a stilt strider, harness it and collect them.

(This could also be used to cheese the ai by moving your village to areas inaccessible to the other teams)

You have to do a bit of micro to not get crushed by the ai and one snail could possibly wipe out your whole village if you piss it off.

Like if you make too many buildings like clay pit a villager will just produce clay all day that will just rot on the ground, and storage buildings only hold 4 items.

You can disable buildings to manage your economy because if you slap down your whole village plan things won't go in a good sequence for progression.

It kinda gives me some black and white vibes, honestly I hope it gets a bit better down the line because there is some magic to it.

It's easy to gum up the works, but I'm learning how to manage my village, unlocking tech for later runs, but it's pretty hard and could use a bit of quality of life improvement and polish.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

priznat posted:

Speaking of Game Pass games, I played through “Unpacking” a couple nights ago and was completely charmed by both how polished it is for an indie game and how well it does subtle storytelling with no characters onscreen or dialogue. It’s just great.

I’m still kinda mad about the guy in the 4th place she moves to lol. What a douche!!

I loved their previous game, if you like bullet hell twin stick shooters it's the best I ever found.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/250110/Assault_Android_Cactus/
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256656654/movie480.webm?t=1447378219
I wish they came out with something more like that again, they nailed it.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Me and my brother played the poo poo out of the demo for this when we were very little. I may bite on this.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

https://youtu.be/fEvq53VMU4A @ 7:19

Iron pineapple just included this game in his "souls likes you've never heard of" series

You can switch between 7 weapons fluidly at any time by having 2 equipped but also being able to use specials from any weapon you have learned at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

istewart posted:

I got sucked way more deeply into Marvel's Midnight Suns than I anticipated, but also got sick of it crashing all the time. Would The Last Spell be up my alley?
I know nothing about marvel game, but The Last Spell slaps so far, I just beat the first zone.

It helps that the band that did the OST "The Algorithm" is one of my top 10 favorite bands, but I had it wishlisted before that.

I can see myself playing it on some sort of challenge mode once I unlock everything beat it and learn how to do things even more optimally.