Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh man this is extremely cool. I know it's a long shot but have they said anything about launching on other platforms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Welp... you could go to a Japanese Arcade from what I hear.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Probably easier to just buy a PS4, I suppose.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
You sure? You get to sit in a big plastic cockpit and everything.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Discounted pull was good to me. Got a Z'Gok, saving me some DP, as well as the G-Line Assault and Pale Rider Cavalry which both look really good :toot:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Discounted pull was good to me. Got a Z'Gok, saving me some DP, as well as the G-Line Assault and Pale Rider Cavalry which both look really good :toot:

Sounds like a classic gacha game (e.g., everyone else gets great pulls with their discounted one, I get a bunch of crud)!

Well, not exactly. I did get a Lvl 6 GM Cannon and it is nice to be able to take off a whole bunch of health with a single shot.

I also got a Lvl 3 Zaku Heavy Arms, and that's a pretty decent 350 cost suit. It really straddles the line between Support and General (a little more General than Support, though). You have so many weapons that you never need to wait for a reload once you run out of ammo, and all of the weapons are pretty alright.

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider
I got a Pale Rider Calvary lv2 and this thing shreds through people. With a powerful beam cannon and that chain gun thing it puts out stupid damage. The little shield rockets are nice for doing that last bit of damage on a retreating mech.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
This game kinda sucks, is there anyway to make the turning speed not "minimum on all other games."

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Anora posted:

This game kinda sucks, is there anyway to make the turning speed not "minimum on all other games."

There is a part that you can equip for a very marginal increase but no, it's slow tanky robots.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Be one with the robot.

Also, backing up and turning is a great way to make your mech put its shield in front of itself. There's a bunch of weird depth like that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Anora posted:

You get used to it pretty quickly

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think the G-Line assault is my favorite mech now. That cannon is so nasty and the shotgun definitely does its job.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I need a group to play this with. The pubbie experience at the D ranks really is the salt mines. I know I'm not an ace at this game by any means, but the level of bad play at these ranks seems designed to keep you in the ghetto.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
It doesn't seem to get better in solo queue. Usual things that happen to me almost every solo game:

Absolutely no one seems to be able to lead shots.

1v2ing against their weakness.

What is teamwork?

Toppled by own teammates repeatedly.

Staggered by own team repeatedly.

Me and two teamates are approaching a single enemy. The second the fight starts both teamates leave.

Not leaving kills for the ACE in ACE matches.

Being the ACE and do nothing just rush headlong into the entire enemy team by yourself.

Rush past every capture point.

Edit: Last night my clan and I went out of our way to set up perfect kills for our ACE. He did not get any kills while ACE, despite the fact that all of his pre-ACE kills were done by appearing from nowhere to snake the last 20 health off something we'd been fighting. The ones we want him to take? He leaves to go fight the rest of the enemy team solo.

When I'm with my clan we do really well usually. Red Haven (Rh) to join.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 18, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Players seem very hesitant to capture points because you have to leave your Gundam. I am wondering if it wouldn't be better for the devs to change this.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I love that you can get out of your mobile suit and think it would really kind of ruin the game if they took it out. There have been be multiple matches where I've just run around capturing points after losing my suit and I ejected. Once I spent like half of the map out of my suit because it kept getting captured do to my stupidity and still managed to make a contribution to the win because I kept almost all the control points under our influence.

I've even gotten on foot kill against the mobile suit with the rocket launcher it does a surprisingly large amount of damage. I've also gotten a whole bunch of kills using the Balls that are scattered around some of the space Maps.

And either of the space maps with that little ride armour that has Mega particle Cannon just means a ton of free kills.

Edit: Two people repairing by hand is substantially faster than parking at base and repairing yourself.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 18, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zushio posted:

It doesn't seem to get better in solo queue. Usual things that happen to me almost every solo game:

Absolutely no one seems to be able to lead shots.

1v2ing against their weakness.

What is teamwork?

Toppled by own teammates repeatedly.

Staggered by own team repeatedly.

Me and two teamates are approaching a single enemy. The second the fight starts both teamates leave.

Not leaving kills for the ACE in ACE matches.

Being the ACE and do nothing just rush headlong into the entire enemy team by yourself.

Rush past every capture point.

Edit: Last night my clan and I went out of our way to set up perfect kills for our ACE. He did not get any kills while ACE, despite the fact that all of his pre-ACE kills were done by appearing from nowhere to snake the last 20 health off something we'd been fighting. The ones we want him to take? He leaves to go fight the rest of the enemy team solo.

When I'm with my clan we do really well usually. Red Haven (Rh) to join.

I've enjoyed how many counter knockdowns I've had go to waste because a teammate boosts the gently caress in with a wide beam saber slash that stops me from doing any kind of followup, with the cherry on top being that they don't even hit the drat enemy with it.

This game has two modes: "WHERE IS MY TEAM" and "TEAM GO AWAY"

Zushio
May 8, 2008
That reminds me: Topple an enemy (rare) or watch me do it. Then, while the enemy is down and 100% vulnerable they do absolutely nothing. Then, the second the enemy stands up and gains invulnerability they unload everything they have. Usually just in time to run out of ammo when the invulnerability wears off.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I've gotten okay at unloading into someone that got knocked down but the weapon switch cooldown can be the devil.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
So is there a guide that explains upgrading and such?

I bought a lvl 2 gun and while I can equip it the game won’t let me sortie with it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Numlock posted:

So is there a guide that explains upgrading and such?

I bought a lvl 2 gun and while I can equip it the game won’t let me sortie with it.

A suit can only equip a weapon up to it's own level, so a lvl 1 suit can't use a higher level gun

Zushio
May 8, 2008
That restriction only applies to ranked matches I believe.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zushio posted:

That restriction only applies to ranked matches I believe.

It does not, speaking as someone who's only played quick matches.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

There's an $8 "starter pack" of 31 tokens + the Level 2 Gundam. I bought this to support the game (and because the other token packs feel like a ripoff).

This doesn't seem to exist on the EU store. :rip:

Pro tip for new players: speak to the schoolgirl at the base entrance and do her tutorials. Not only do you get a bunch of points and tokens you can use, you also get the level 3 GM trainer, which is a really stupidly good 200 point general suit (especially with a hyper bazooka).

Also, I love my chunky son:

Numlock
May 19, 2007

So like can you level up MS or if you want a lvl 2 Zaku you have to just buy it?

Also can you end up with duplicate MS and items from drops/rewards?
We
Also how do you get repair tickets or is that cash only?ele

Seriously I have like 8 million questions

Numlock fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 20, 2019

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Numlock posted:

So like can you level up MS or if you want a lvl 2 Zaku you have to just buy it?

Also can you end up with duplicate MS and items from drops/rewards?

Also how do you get repair tickets or is that cash only?

No leveling up MS. Treat each level of an MS as a discrete suit.

You can get dupes. Dupes reward you with recycle tickets based on the quality/type of item, as well as mod points if it's a dupe MS.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
You have to buy the Zaku lvl 2 and other MS suits and parts. They count as completely different suits/parts.

You can "enhance" suits by getting duplicates or putting them in the hangar for upgrades. These are fairly minor improvements usually.

Duplicate drops also give you recycle tickets and mechanics tickets. Recycle tickets have a pool of stuff that you can trade them for that rotates. Mechanics tickets reduce hangar times. You can also get recycle tickets from the recon reward boxes that drop randomly after matches.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have played like 40 matches and have not seen a single recon container besides the one they just give you.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I've read that the default recon box drop rate is something like 10%. However, I don't really believe that. I've also experienced very few drops without the 10-15% boost you get from an encourage.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's a pretty low drop chance even with gold medal and encourages, maxes out at something like 37% with all possible multipliers. It's better for your sanity and patience to treat them as nice treats every so often rather than a daily checkbox to be ticked.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Yeah I didn’t know they were a thing until I got rewarded two in a row. Both were MS.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Just downloaded the game and it seems right up my ally.

Are the gold coins you get just for buying "Supply Drops" (lootboxes) from the store? And if so which one out of the 3 (Boosted, Limited, Regular) should I be purchasing? This is the first lootbox game I've ever played since I tend to stay away from all other AAA ones like the plague, so I've got no idea.

Add me on PSN katamari_sushi.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The third week of every month there is a half price supply drop. After the first one it goes back to full price, but you are garuenteed better items for 2 more pulls.

Yes, coins are just for supply drops.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Jomo posted:

Just downloaded the game and it seems right up my ally.

Are the gold coins you get just for buying "Supply Drops" (lootboxes) from the store? And if so which one out of the 3 (Boosted, Limited, Regular) should I be purchasing? This is the first lootbox game I've ever played since I tend to stay away from all other AAA ones like the plague, so I've got no idea.

Add me on PSN katamari_sushi.

Unless there's a promotional event going on like right now that either reduces the cost of a ten pull or guaranteed a certain type of pull you never want to do ten pulls as they otherwise have literally no point as the odds don't change from doing them separately

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I would say right now that my favorite Support is the Zaku Heavy Arms and my favorite Raid is the Dowadge.

I like Zaku HA as a Support because it's incredibly misleading. If you equip the Zaku Machinegun, you essentially have the exact same silhouette and engagement distance as a regular old Zaku II (which is General). This leads to a lot of Raids mistaking you for a General suit (and thus avoiding you because of type disadvantage) and General suits thinking they're evenly matched against you (when really they have disadvantage and you have advantage). So what that usually leads to is you feasting on enemy General suits (~250 damage a shot for the Zaku Machinegun really adds up quickly) while your kryptonite goes off looking for the other, more obvious supports.

The only giveaway are the missle pods - but then you really have to know that the missile pods are A Thing for the Zaku HA compared to the 50 other Zaku models in the game.

As for Dowadge - it doesn't poo poo out 8k damage like other Raids, but I think it's a very safe Babby's First Raid for learning the role. The Bazooka gives you a relatively high damage stagger that you can use to set up a combo (or give yourself another getaway tool if things go pear-shaped), the heat saber is decent, the heat tomahawk gives you a way to add a little bit more damage to your combo, and the flash beam gun is another getaway tool. Plus, you're very fast on the ground and can change direction very quickly thanks to being a Dom-type unit skating around the battlefield, so you can also chase really well. Finally, I think you also have Maneuver Armor too which will allow you to avoid flinches/staggers while boosting?

Also, I got lucky on a pull and came up with the Hyper Hammer for the Gundam. That weapon is absolutely rude to Raids, and I love it. You can't combo with it, but you outrange pretty much any melee weapon in the game and it hits like a truck.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Zaku HA is something I really wish I would gacha, but the gacha gods are not with me.

I did get the G-Line and G-Assault from the half-token pull and those are quite fun, though.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
How do people use the missiles from the Zaku HA and other similar suits? I got the HA in the gacha, but I haven't played with it much yet. It seems like you have to be quite close range to make the missiles work well.

Also join clan GVT if you don't have a clan, we are nearing halfway to the next level.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Also join clan GVT if you don't have a clan, we are nearing halfway to the next level.

You're not searchable in Europe so I guess the servers are segregated. :rip:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

brainwrinkle posted:

How do people use the missiles from the Zaku HA and other similar suits? I got the HA in the gacha, but I haven't played with it much yet. It seems like you have to be quite close range to make the missiles work well.

I use them when my machinegun is reloading as a form of supplemental damage. Even then, I typically use them in much the same way - against unaware opponents (so then I might hit them with all six) or against an ADAD spammer (because you can launch them in a spread-out fashion, thus ensuring that you will probably hit them with at least one or two). They're also really good if the enemy is in an area where they can't maneuver as well in (like a corridor). The number of projectiles and launch intervals make them a nice zoning tool for people who like to play peek-a-boo around corners.

I've also found that the Cracker grenade is really good, even among grenades. I feel like it has a larger hit area than most (so you can hit a lot of enemies piled together), and once you've got the timing/arc down they are a surprisingly effective way to hit enemies when they otherwise feel safe.

I also managed to get a L3 Efreet from a 10-pull, and that's a steep learning curve. Compared to most General suits you have next to no range, so your primary role
is Support bodyguard. But what a bodyguard indeed - shotgun stagger -> melee looks like a great way to dumpster Raids trying to kill your squishies.

brainwrinkle posted:

Are there more than 2 people in the clan now? That's been the biggest obstacle for me as every goon clan except the informal one (Red Haven).

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I am so sick of losing ace matches because it's the last 10 seconds and my team refuses to just back the gently caress off out of some stubborn, dumbass drive to hold an imaginary line. We have an 800 point lead literally all you have to do is not get killed by the ace in the next 10 seconds you dipshits. I've been fishing uselessly for my 2nd win for an hour now and seen 4 encouragements and my daily bonuses go to complete waste.