Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

It should not.

It does not. Sign me up!

I also vote for THE LURKER ROLL OF DESTINY: all players have to roll a 1d10 - number of posts made that day. A positive result means the lurker dies. A negative or zero result means the lurker survives another day.

Same as any 10-post rules, just takes the responsibility for policing lurkers off of town, and puts it squarely on the lurker. Scum lurker wants to play the odds? Go for it!

Alternately if you don't want to ROLL FOR DESTINY and want to give people a bigger buffer, make it 1d20 - number of posts the last two days. But that's a lot of bookkeeping and is far too kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

(also the mod should make these rolls in discord, instead of relying on people who were absent to make those rolls, if that wasn't clear)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

it's gonna be a car crash at best, I am pretty sure we won't hit full trainwreck

(it is possible, to hit full trainwreck)

that sounds like a challenge

make me scum with a dayvig, I will trainwreck this poo poo into the ground

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

its always a trainwreck with me around

you are the trainwreck

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

well this is interesting, I have a severely scummy role

I am a hock-aligned tocklecop

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

or is it hockle-aligned tockcop

this role is confusing, someone dayvig already

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Guys I don't understand my role pm

It just says 'Hypercharger'

sounds like scum to me, mega man

##vote infinitum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I am just a man that is also mega. Is that such a crime? To be the very best?

it probably is a crime when town is robot masters, yeah

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

##vote merk

Why should I believe you are not the ‘other scum team’ yourself? Or at least recruited to such? Is oracle even a standard role?

If you ain’t town, you’re scum

hmm

a quick jumping on someone for giving out information and readily admitting prior 3p-ness is questionable to me

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

kaschei posted:

This guy buys merk’s claim to a fault

##vote soluslunes

nah, I just think sandwolf is pushing a very specious case but hey you do you

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

Hey everyone I just woke up, did I miss joke phase?

yep, rip you

but that reminds me, I want to survive day 1 so:

hey everybody i'm the scumteam, the scum is megaman and his buddies, i'm rush

bork bork

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

There's not much to say about the claim itself, certainly nothing that compels an immediate lunch. The important thing is keeping track of who reacted strongly and in which direction once the claimant flips.

Keep in mind that apparently, according to the OP, alignment is not part of the flip.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Leith Maclaine posted:

Tempted to vote merk because roleclaiming an unusual role on D1 doesn't make a lot of sense.

Why not?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

No ones “hunting” a 3P - he claimed, he told us bluntly he does not have our best interests as his first priority, let’s lynch him and then we’ll have a whole day of interactions to find scum in. Hell, I’ve already got a couple people on my radar! People reveal a lot in how they talk about merk, it’s there.

As for the information part: he has already stated he would be on our side but we also have noooo reeeeason to believe anything he says. Every bit of info we’re gonna hem and haw about it being truthful!! Let’s just kill the 3P!!

##vote Sandwolf

Scum has a vested interest in 3p hunting and trying to turn it into cred. I don't think you're coming from a town perspective and I think you're trying to achieve something you can coast on.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

so i dont know what the point of us not getting alignmnent flips is...unless... this message can be fux0red with

Sandwolf posted:

So presumably, without a flip, the number should go down from ~6(?) every time we lynch scum, no? Or I guess they could have died in the night too.

Not necessarily. If that's a beginning-of-day message only, then the fact that there are alignment flipping possibilities means that even if we lynch scum one day, that number might stay the same due to the addition of non-town.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

well, i also had scum fooled for most of the game and like 3 no-kills can be attributed to them trying to target me, so i think i actually helped town win

yeah I'd say this is a fair cop, guv

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

If Wolf is a scum in a multi scum game, let them deal with him or any number of megaman baddies. You ro-butts.

yeah I uh what

why would you not go for someone that's scum, and expect the scum/3p to take care of him

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Here’s a game then: lynch merk with me, and if I’m still coasting TOMORROW on this, then you can call me scum for it.

I’m trying to NOT make a big deal out of this 3P poo poo. We should have just lynched him and gone on to day 2. He’s gonna end up slipping the loving noose and we’re gonna kill some random town member and then we will have this constant specter over us of: “Well, do we kill merk now?” Because YES he’s a survivor NOW but IF HE GETS ALIGNMENT FLIPPED we have NO IDEA when to kill him.

Ho hum

No more a constant specter for merk than anyone else. Someone I read as towny today may not be tomorrow.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

check the OP. he said the number will be shown start AND end of day

ah, I missed that part, I had thought it was only start of day

Merk says multiple scum teams? And i assume we have cops vigs other crazy poo poo to suss out the truth of sandwolf. We know merk is 3p by his own admission. Working with facts not conjecture.

No, I'm saying why would you leave scumhunting to scum? That just seems very counterproductive. I don't like it.

Sandwolf posted:

Oh yeah? Well how are you gonna analyze his behavior as scum when he has admitted his behavior isn’t coming from town but purely self-serving 3rd party? Riddle me that, buddy

the same way I'd do it for anyone else, I guess? I don't find it particularly compelling or urgent to lynch a non-killing 3p role day 1, especially given that I'm inclined to believe the claim.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

##vote AA

Mr. Steak posted:

watch him be a serial killer following the sk playbook to the letter

more sk wins are needed imo

but again, idgaf about 3p this early in the game

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Because the teams are opposed im assuming?

Yeah but I'm very, very concerned about the fact that you're willing to, and this is my understanding,

say you're fine with not scumhunting because the scum team(s) will do it.

That's why I'm voting you. That is an extremely bad take.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I will consider your case work in earnest when you are dead.

You have already admitted that you too would push on a claim like you've made.

You are not town, right?

Easy enough.

hahahaha no you won't, town never goes back to see what cases a dead person was pushing, come on

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Renminbi is to United States Dollar as yuan is to cash

que

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I dunno I just hated the Dennis Reynold’s vibe AA was throwing off and I can never tell if it’s a scumtell or a town move

as someone who's absolutely not dug in in this alignment read, and certainly never has problems backing off tunneling on someone who's town

he scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Also, the argument that if we lynch merk we won’t have anything to talk about tomorrow is the FLIMSIEST EXCUSE I have ever seen.

We have ten days of posts, if you can’t pull a case together from D1 because the lynch was on 3P, you’re not cut out for mafia. Straight up.

Lynching 3p is alignment-neutral, and that's exactly what scum wants to have- town's used their tool on Not Them, and they will get a free kill overnight.

If merk flips exactly as he said he would, attempting to point the finger at someone who pushed for his execution will be met with "I killed 3p, how could you think it was me" by both town and scum.

It's not any different if merk flips notably different than what he's claimed.

Pushing 3p lynches instead of, you know, scumhunting, is what scum does, and it's why you and AA are my strongest scumreads.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

This was my knee-jerk reaction too, but something about it feels like a townie frustration spiral. I’d probably still vote him.

we should be lynching merk right now, of course, but the town has seemingly been pacified with “well he’s not ACTIVELY against us, just PASSIVELY, so we might as well leave him til lylo!!” morons

Also, that's a stupid dichotomy if I've ever seen it- leaving merk to lylo would be stupid. But neither do we have to lynch him day 1.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

You know who else would want to lynch you? Town. And we will NOT be in D1 tomorrow because we will have had posts to talk about! Your case on infi doesn’t disappear overnight, my suspicions on Monathin/DB don’t disappear overnight.

I’m really disturbed by this narrative being pushed that lynching merk is anti-town and actively regressive. It isn’t.

So what ARE your suspicions on monathin and DB?

Sandwolf posted:

then why don’t you tell me when a good time to lynch the 3P is when we know alignments may get flipped in this game? When merk starts acting “scummy”? He already will be, you fool, because he’s NOT TOWN.

it's like you've completely discounted the fact that information-gathering night actions exist, or that new posts could happen and be analyzed

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I think they’re loving scummy but I’m not giving them any attention because I don’t want loving merk to slip the noose!! For the third time!!

Also you are ADVOCATING the town wasting their actions to discern more information about someone who has ALREADY CLAIMED NOT-TOWN?! How is this a better solution? And merks posts could be wall-to-wall scumminess and it wouldn’t be a scum-tell, because he is NOT-TOWN, he has no obligations to behave like town would! And to call him scum over that would be wrong, because he had already told you he’s 3P!!

I’m getting so frustrated.

Have you considered articulating your thoughts on monathin and db, because you could be the nightkill

though I wonder if that occurred to you, but do be aware that there are allegedly two scum teams and you might get killed by the other one

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Little Mac posted:

I'm ready to lunch Merk and can put down my vote. Any last minute things folks want to say?

For the record, if we didn't have a claimed 3P my vote would probably fall on Leith McClane. They posted a bunch of wishy-washy stuff all day and then settled on Merk once the tide solidified.

yes

executing merk is a bad play for town and great for scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

s’a hell of a post

I ain't care about looking towny, friendo

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I have just gotten back from being gone most of the weekend, and I'll have to rethink my reads, because I was pretty clearly wrong re: merk.

Regardless, the one thing I have learned is that there is a busdriver/redirector who bus drove me and one other person, or that one other person is a reflector, because I ended up using my action on myself last night. I do know who that other person in question is, because it'd have to be who I targeted, but I don't want to out them prematurely if they ARE a reflector.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I’m having trouble parsing this, apologies, could you try and reexplain?

I targeted someone. I ended up getting a result that conclusively tells me I ended up targeting myself.

Therefore, either:

A: some third party busdrove myself and the other player, so actions targeting the other player targeted me and vice versa
B: the other player is a reflector, someone who turns other players' actions back at the originator of the action.

There's probably some other edge case possibilities but none come to mind- essentially, I want town to know that there is some sort of redirection.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

I targeted someone. I ended up getting a result that conclusively tells me I ended up targeting myself.

Therefore, either:

A: some third party busdrove myself and the other player, so actions targeting the other player targeted me and vice versa
B: the other player is a reflector, someone who turns other players' actions back at the originator of the action.

There's probably some other edge case possibilities but none come to mind- essentially, I want town to know that there is some sort of redirection.

that's "third party" as in "someone external to the busdrive", unless the other player busdrove himself and me, not "third party" as in 3p role.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

the result you got conclusively, definitively, indicates you targeted yourself? Without detail, can you verify this as being factual?

and you think someone bus drove (theory 1:2), you and the person you originally chose to target?

Yes, and yes.

GulagDolls posted:

what is the point in revealing this

Mr. Steak posted:

hmm... well... establishing the presence of redirects inherently weakens the reliability of all investigative night actions. so i'd say theres a pretty good reason for scum to do it.

Because I want town to be aware that there is a redirection element in the game. If that makes me look scummy, so it goes, I'm not concerned with trying to force myself to look townie. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised to find myself being the lynch today, given my rather strenuous defense of scum merk, and I'm not sure how much time I can realistically give to the game this game day with my schedule. So I basically want to get that information out there before I'm dead and unable to get it out there.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I am mulling it over and does it make sense for Solus to reveal who he targeted? I’m serious can someone gimme another opinion on this. I see detriments and benefits in him revealing that person

Friend you don't have control over when that information comes out regardless, I will reveal it myself if I think it will be more helpful to town than not

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Perfect, why don’t we talk about the benefits and detriments then, since (if you’re town) you’ve probably been considering it anyways

Based off of this, it seems like you’ve concluded that info is more dangerous than not? Why?

No, I've concluded that I'm not sure yet, and that I can't un-say it if I decide otherwise.

Plus, if it IS a reflector, and not a busdriver, I'd prefer to not out them.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Town foolishness?

You aren't wrong, but his flip didn't indicate he was scum. He flipped with the town wincon....

:thunk:

:thunk:

This looks like disingenuous logic on your part because it's not that you think merk got recruited and tried to play it off as survivor. He did exactly that. He was the n0 poach.

Who would poach merk? Hal, RF, yourself, who else?

Also again... he flipped with the town wincon so.... :thunk:

20 has been rubbing me, but this seems like typical knee jerk on his part.

Hm. How do you explain the reduction in enemies after the merk execution then? And the fact that merk didn't claim town, but 3p?

I imagine it's mod error or the fact that the original wincon gets left in on the flip. Do keep in mind that merk flipped only as Crystal Man, not a Self- or Town-Aligned one.

Do you not trust what your read was on D1?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I think you're misunderstanding me.

Merk was definitely an enemy of town. This enemy count will probably rise on this next night if there is a recruit, which is demonstrated as true by merk keeping his town wincon. We probably have to flip a recruiter or actual original scum to learn their wincon.

The way I see it.

Merk got poached n0.

Original wincon could have been mod error, but probably more that the anti-town wincons are concealed on the recruited, hence the enemy count.

Merk lied about the 2nd faction because he became scum and was trying to buy credibility. It was a gambit that didn't pan out, but almost did. A strong play.

Merk was scum, but the town wincon was left in the text. The fact that Sandwolf read that distinctly as not town is why I have strong feelings about voting sand.

##vote Sandwolf

In fact, I'll park it there for now.

I was misunderstanding you- I thought you were saying merk was town for the wincon in the flip, but now I realize you were talking about Sandwolf reading scummy flavor from the flip. Worth thunking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Well, friends. Would someone like to claim a busdriver?

Because I'm reasonably certain scum knows exactly what I've been up to, has a fairly good idea of what my role is, and has been stopping it.