Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Breakfast 19 23.46%
Lunch 9 11.11%
Dinner 20 24.69%
FOUTH MEAL BITCH (Goku option) 33 40.74%
Total: 61 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Whats your favorite?

Mine's probably breakfast since I only eat breakfast on weekends and I have time to make an omelette or poached eggs or something or go to the cool old rear end diner with a metal counter-top and drink coffee until I gotta do my doodie. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Linner.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I almost never eat breakfast.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Blinner.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
What about second breakfast?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I skip breakfast because I'm too tired to prepare food in the morning and if I'm up and dressed that probably means I'm already late for work

Lunch is the best meal if you swap it with dinner. Go to the restaurants you would go to for dinner and get the same thing except cheaper because it's a lunch special now #lifehacks

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Devils Affricate posted:

Lunch is the best meal if you swap it with dinner. Go to the restaurants you would go to for dinner and get the same thing except cheaper because it's a lunch special now #lifehacks

:hmmyes:

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Never eat breakfast
Occasionally eat lunch during the week.
Always eat dinner.
Eat continuously on weekends.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i do breakfast for dinner pretty regularly too

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Brunch

*not joke answer 4 seriously

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Chinatown posted:

i do breakfast for dinner pretty regularly too

That's what mom did when I was a kid and we were poor. Eggs and toast is hella cheap and if you frame it as a special treat kids eat it right up (she treated it like we were all getting away with something).

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Brunch

*not joke answer 4 seriously

Fuggin' brunch mimosas, bitch! It's not day drinking it's classy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Breakfast foods are the best foods because it involves the most eggs and eggs are delicious. Also pancakes and waffles are breakfast foods and they're the best flat batter based food in the world. Also cereal rules and the best cereals in order are: Crispix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Honey Nut Cheerios. Breakfast is also when you can get the Eggnormous Burrito from Burger King, which is basically the Phoenix Down for hangovers.

Breakfast. Breakfast is the only answer.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I work permanent nights so dinner is my breakfast, midnight snack is my lunch and breakfast is my dinner

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dell_Zincht posted:

I work permanent nights so dinner is my breakfast, midnight snack is my lunch and breakfast is my dinner

get this guy the gently caress out of here

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I do sometimes eat cake for breffast.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It's all about Breaking that Fast

loving grrm loving fat gently caress. Idiot. bastard. hbo and their nonsense.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The Cockler posted:

get this guy the gently caress out of here

Oh I also have a beer or two when I finish work which is like 5am, don't judge me, I can't drink at work

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Breakfast is so far ahead of every other meal that I sometimes replace them with it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
We do breakfast for dinner like weekly, we are not poor but like eating good food together. We do not wake up on weekends. Kids love it too. Wtf pancakes and sausage haters, biscuits and gravy? Jfc people wake up

For breakfast for dinner

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lunch for sure, dinner is good after a long day of work but lunch is the sustainer.

When I was a warehouse leadhand working nights, we would have these brutal summers. I'm talking 10 hours minimum, I'd routinely do 5 12s for 60 hrs/week for like 3 months or as long as I could handle it. Made a ton of money but it was rough. In that setting, you never hosed with a mans lunch. Lunch was serious loving business.

I remember one day, we were particularly front loaded with work, and many of us didnt take any breaks for like 6 hours. There was one dude, Dave, there who was a bit of a loudmouth, decent worker but I could definitely see how his personality could be aggravating to some. That particular day he had been telling everyone he had a huge container of his wife's chili he was looking forward to, like really just driving home how hype he was for it, and how he could work all night as long as he knew that chili was there waiting for him.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. I typically worked close to him, and our workloads were intertwined, so we often took break around the same time. I had already been in the lunch room when he strolled in, big grin rubbing his hands together just ready to dig into that chili. He gets to the fridge, digs around in his bag, and all I hear from behind me is Dave gently close the fridge door and mutter "who's loving with me..." he looks around a bit, and finds his container in the sink. It wasn't even washed out or anything, just tossed shamelessly in the sink. I'm looking at him, hes looking at me, it's just us 2 in there of the 60 or so guys on the floor, and I just see his face contort into this face I'd never seen him make before. Like it went through about to cry, to about to explode, back to cry, to confused, to despondent back to rage again in like a second. Thinking about it right now makes me chuckle lol, it was seriously like a cartoon.

I instinctively stood up and began "Dave, we've got cameras, I...", put my hand up toward him, but he just pushed past me with this murderous determination in his eyes. He storms out of the lunch room, and I'm like oh gently caress, mouth half full of food, quickly close up my container and run after him. I've never seen this guy angry like this. Worked with him 5 years, some really hard days some times, he'd been sarcastic and annoyed but never mad like this.

I went searching for him, obviously following the same path on our forklifts, because everyone I'd come across told me the same thing basically lol, that he was on a rampage and asking who the gently caress ate his wife's chili. Like seriously putting it that way, like "who ate my wife's loving chili?!", like someone had just defiled his wife lol.

I eventually caught up to him, confronting this new kid, fresh out of high school, like 19. Dave was bigger but the kid was kind of a cocky rear end in a top hat, so he wasn't backing down. I'm driving down this aisle as fast as my machine would go (like 14km/h lol) while these guys are at the end, like two apes standing face to face fingers in each others faces, just hoping they dont do anything stupid. As soon as I'm close Kyle (the kid) pushes Dave and Dave just launches back, takes this kid down, and starts throwing punches. I'm getting there just as this happens and I seriously launch off my machine (stand up reach truck, hit the e-brake and you can get some serious air lol), dive in and have to pry this guy off Kyle, screaming at the top of my lungs that we're at work, we're adults here, what the gently caress are you idiots doing.

I had to stay through to the morning (this is nights remember, I was working 6pm-6am) till 9 loving am to see the warehouse manager and talk about the incident because I wanted to nip in the bud any talk before rumours got out or anything. I told the story basically as I did here, and he just sat back and contemplated for a moment once I was done. He responded finally, "Kyle's a goddamn idiot. You never gently caress with a mans lunch. Lunch is serious loving business" lol

They both got written up iirc but Kyle basically became a pariah and shamed into quitting, basically no one sided with him. I still don't know why he ate Daves lunch. I remember going home that day, tired as gently caress, kinda delirious, just laughing about the absurdity of it.

Lunch is serious loving business, I'll never forget the way Murray said that to me.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Lunch for sure, dinner is good after a long day of work but lunch is the sustainer.

When I was a warehouse leadhand working nights, we would have these brutal summers. I'm talking 10 hours minimum, I'd routinely do 5 12s for 60 hrs/week for like 3 months or as long as I could handle it. Made a ton of money but it was rough. In that setting, you never hosed with a mans lunch. Lunch was serious loving business.

I remember one day, we were particularly front loaded with work, and many of us didnt take any breaks for like 6 hours. There was one dude, Dave, there who was a bit of a loudmouth, decent worker but I could definitely see how his personality could be aggravating to some. That particular day he had been telling everyone he had a huge container of his wife's chili he was looking forward to, like really just driving home how hype he was for it, and how he could work all night as long as he knew that chili was there waiting for him.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. I typically worked close to him, and our workloads were intertwined, so we often took break around the same time. I had already been in the lunch room when he strolled in, big grin rubbing his hands together just ready to dig into that chili. He gets to the fridge, digs around in his bag, and all I hear from behind me is Dave gently close the fridge door and mutter "who's loving with me..." he looks around a bit, and finds his container in the sink. It wasn't even washed out or anything, just tossed shamelessly in the sink. I'm looking at him, hes looking at me, it's just us 2 in there of the 60 or so guys on the floor, and I just see his face contort into this face I'd never seen him make before. Like it went through about to cry, to about to explode, back to cry, to confused, to despondent back to rage again in like a second. Thinking about it right now makes me chuckle lol, it was seriously like a cartoon.

I instinctively stood up and began "Dave, we've got cameras, I...", put my hand up toward him, but he just pushed past me with this murderous determination in his eyes. He storms out of the lunch room, and I'm like oh gently caress, mouth half full of food, quickly close up my container and run after him. I've never seen this guy angry like this. Worked with him 5 years, some really hard days some times, he'd been sarcastic and annoyed but never mad like this.

I went searching for him, obviously following the same path on our forklifts, because everyone I'd come across told me the same thing basically lol, that he was on a rampage and asking who the gently caress ate his wife's chili. Like seriously putting it that way, like "who ate my wife's loving chili?!", like someone had just defiled his wife lol.

I eventually caught up to him, confronting this new kid, fresh out of high school, like 19. Dave was bigger but the kid was kind of a cocky rear end in a top hat, so he wasn't backing down. I'm driving down this aisle as fast as my machine would go (like 14km/h lol) while these guys are at the end, like two apes standing face to face fingers in each others faces, just hoping they dont do anything stupid. As soon as I'm close Kyle (the kid) pushes Dave and Dave just launches back, takes this kid down, and starts throwing punches. I'm getting there just as this happens and I seriously launch off my machine (stand up reach truck, hit the e-brake and you can get some serious air lol), dive in and have to pry this guy off Kyle, screaming at the top of my lungs that we're at work, we're adults here, what the gently caress are you idiots doing.

I had to stay through to the morning (this is nights remember, I was working 6pm-6am) till 9 loving am to see the warehouse manager and talk about the incident because I wanted to nip in the bud any talk before rumours got out or anything. I told the story basically as I did here, and he just sat back and contemplated for a moment once I was done. He responded finally, "Kyle's a goddamn idiot. You never gently caress with a mans lunch. Lunch is serious loving business" lol

They both got written up iirc but Kyle basically became a pariah and shamed into quitting, basically no one sided with him. I still don't know why he ate Daves lunch. I remember going home that day, tired as gently caress, kinda delirious, just laughing about the absurdity of it.

Lunch is serious loving business, I'll never forget the way Murray said that to me.
Lol excellent story

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I've worked that shift and those hours plus some, I can definitely agree with the managers decision.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
What about brunch and lupper, op? What's with the cis-meal bias?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

dinner > lunch > breakfast

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Supper is the best meal, O.P.

And the best dish for supper is homemade meatloaf with a healthy helping of ketchup slathered over the top of that big hog.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
Murray was right.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Former DILF posted:

Reported

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kyle went on to become a writer on Friends and based the entire Ross sandwich storyline on that incident.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Former DILF posted:

You just got off probation dude

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Ew gross no way op

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
That shift manager was dead on. Never gently caress with someone's lunch. Do not break that covenant. People who do are lower than trash.

That said, pizza can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Just sayin

Oatmeal stout, room temp, is the best breakfast beer. Back when I was still a bachelor I bought a case real cheap from the discount liquor store around the corner and had one for breakfast every day for a month.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sudonim posted:

That shift manager was dead on. Never gently caress with someone's lunch. Do not break that covenant. People who do are lower than trash.

That said, pizza can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Just sayin

Oatmeal stout, room temp, is the best breakfast beer. Back when I was still a bachelor I bought a case real cheap from the discount liquor store around the corner and had one for breakfast every day for a month.

How’s the meetings going?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
ASIAN STREET MEAT

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
ALTER YOUR HEATHEN LIST.

I prefer second breakfast.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Definitely breakfast because weekend brunch is the best thing in existence. I enjoy experiencing delicious food and taking my time doing so during dinner most nights, but it's got to brunch.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Second breakfast

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Captain Hygiene posted:

Breakfast is so far ahead of every other meal that I sometimes replace them with it.
:hai:

Breakfast for Dinner

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Supch

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Ok so I think we're on to something

dinner for lunch

breakfast for dinner

nobody has suggested lunch for breakfast, but that's the direction things are going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

Ok so I think we're on to something

dinner for lunch

breakfast for dinner

nobody has suggested lunch for breakfast, but that's the direction things are going

Soup and salad upon awakening please Darby.