Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you want your WWE Discussion threads done?
This poll is closed.
Keep the weekly threads 73 34.11%
Just go monthly 141 65.89%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • The show opened with a "Previously on..." for Firefly Funhouse, interspersed with footage of the disastrous Hell in a Cell main event, and Ramblin' Rabbit's entirely too accurate warning of "it won't end well."
  • Becky Lynch came out to loud applause and got on the mic to talk poo poo about how she beat Sasha so badly last time that Sasha was too hurt to come out for ANOTHER rear end-beating to open the show as scheduled. But Becky was annoyed that once again she'd been saddled with Charlotte Flair, saying she couldn't seem to get rid of her.
  • Charlotte came out and said she didn't want yet another match with her either, she just wanted them to be friends again... then punched Becky in the face. She and Becky brawled, officials pulling them apart, and the show went to commercial break with the commentators asking if the match had started yet or was even going to happen.
  • Becky defeated Charlotte in a singles match. It went a long time and was very even, but Charlotte simply couldn't put Becky away and started laughing in disbelief as everything failed to work... and then she got rolled up and pinned by Becky (this was way better than it sounds) and left in shock in the ring as Becky celebrated with the crowd.
  • Seth was interviewed backstage and agreed he was concerned about THE FIEND following him everywhere and ignoring brand restrictions. Seth admitted he had been scared and thought he had put an end to THE FIEND at Hell in a Cell (how the hell did he think that?) but tonight he was going FIEND hunting to end this once and for all and "burn it down".
  • The "War Rooms" for USA and FOX were shown and looked for all the world like exactly the same footage as was on Smackdown on Friday.
  • Stephanie McMahon came out to announce the draft choices. Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar went to Raw and Smackdown respectively, Charlotte went to Raw, The New Day as a group went to Smackdown and Andrade with Zelina went to Raw.
  • As Renee lead a "Draft Panel" including Booker T and Samoa Joe, Andrade came out with Zelina. The latter spoke on the mic saying that they hadn't been drafted with the Universal Champion or "The Queen", those people had been invested with Andrade. She also "accidentally" called Charlotte a horseface instead of a horsewoman (Andrade and Charlotte are dating in real life).
  • Andrade defeated Ali in a singles match.
  • Stephanie came out and announced The Kabuki Warriors were now on Raw, while Daniel Bryan was picked for Smackdown. Rusev went to Raw and Bayley to Smackdown. Finally Aleister Black was announced to Raw.
  • The commentators noted that because they were Women Tag Team Champions, The Kabuki Warriors would still be able to jump between brands but if they lose the titles, they will be Raw exclusive. Halve the titles and make this the case for all the champions you cowards.
  • Colin Jost and Michael Che did a fake Weekend Update about WWE and BRAUN!
  • The Viking Raiders defeated Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler after a long, competitive match to become the new Raw Tag Team Champions.
  • Some NBC people from some news show or sports show or some bullshit I don't loving know talked about the draft.
  • The Viking Raiders did a backstage promo with the tag titles. It was kind of a neat 80s style throwback to the likes of Demolition.
  • Cedric Alexander was picked for Raw, Shinsuke Nakamura (and Sami Zayn) stays on Smackdown. Humbeto Carrillo and his dimples go to Raw. Ali is on Smackdown and finally Erick Rowan went to Raw.
  • Aleister Black defeated Eric Young by submission in a quick match.
  • Buddy Murphy goes to Raw while Roode/Ziggler go to Smackdown. Jinder Mahal goes to Raw and Carmella to Smackdown. 24/7 Champion R-Truth goes to Raw, breaking up his partnership with Carmella.
  • The Street Profits were doing a backstage promo/hype deal when The OC showed up acting friendly before jumping them after faking out leaving.
  • Ricochet defeated Shelton Benjamin in a singles match.
  • A video package about Tyson Fury aired.
  • Lana was getting a massage and asked if the amount of pressure was right, and she said she liked it harder. gently caress off, Vince McMahon you creepy old lech. A commercial break aired and it came back to Lan... gently caress this, I'm not writing any more of this bullshit angle up.
  • Tyson Fury and BRAUN! did their contract signing, hosted by Jerry Lawler. Fury talked about how his kids were big fans of BRAUN!'s but Fury was in his element in ANY ring, whether wrestling or boxing. BRAUN! smashed the table with his hands, Tyson snapped a pen (after pretending he couldn't?).
  • Al Roker was worried New Day might be split up in the draft, even though they were already drafted as a single unit.
  • Samoa Joe was picked for Raw and The Miz was picked for Smackdown. Tozawa went to Raw, Baron Corbin went to Smackdown, finally Shelton Benjamin went to Raw since USA were apparently impressed by him losing to Ricochet in under 5 minutes.
  • Buddy Murphy pinned Cedric Alexander in a singles match.
  • "Breaking news" announced that Seth Rollins would now face THE FIEND in a Falls Count Anywhere match at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia despite them being on different brands now and Seth earlier in the night promising to end his rivalry with THE FIEND tonight.
  • Street Profits had been backstage looking for The OC, and started to cut a promo calling OC out but decided to go and find a mystery partner 3rd person first to even the odds.
  • The final draft choices were Rey Mysterio to Raw, Shorty (:sigh:) Gable to Smackdown, Titus O'Neil to Raw, Elias to Smackdown and finally Liv Morgan to Raw.
  • The draft panel discussed the drafts for the night and said those not drafted today would be added to rosters by midnight tomorrow. Also they said there might be trades happening gently caress YOU NO NO TRADES gently caress OFF.
  • The Kabuki Warriors came out for a tag match (not a title match), and Nattie announced her tag partner was Lacey Evans Jesus loving Christ what happened to this company? In the interests of fairness I'll just say that at least Nattie offered a semblance of reasoning, saying Lacey had pushed her to her limits in their feud and she respected her even if she didn't like her.
  • After a long match mostly wrestled by Nattie, The Kabuki Warriors defeated Nattie and Lacey after Lacey missed the blind tag and hit the Women's Right on Kairi, only to be pinned by Asuka.
  • The Firefly Funhouse finally aired and Bray declared YOWIE WOWIE! about Seth, who he thinks is strong and brave and smart... but THE FIEND never forgets. Ramblin' Rabbit appeared frightened but Bray told him he would be okay because "he" keeps us safe. Seth appeared out of nowhere and beat up Bray, then tore up the set while Ramblin' Rabbit screamed out in a panic. Bray rose up and tearfully asked Seth why he was doing this, and Seth literally set fire to the set and "burned it down" while shots of THE FIEND's face appeared on the screen.
  • I've grown to hate this show and I'm not going to do this anymore.

NXT Results:
  • Detailed results can be found here
  • Tommaso Ciampa defeated Angel Garza in a singles match. Undisputed Era came out but backed off when he wasn't scared.
  • Velveteen Dream is out of the NXT North American Title match with Roderick Strong after being injured.
  • Imperium defeated Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan in a tag match.
  • Io Shirai defeated Kayden Carter in a singles match. Rhea Ripley confronted Io after the match.
  • William Regal announced Roderick Strong will now defend his NXT North American title against the winner of Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic.
  • Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic ended in a No Contest when Roderick Strong attacked them. William Regal immediately announced he would defend his title against both next week.
  • Matt Riddle defeated Bronson Reed in a singles match.
  • Tegan Nox defeated Taynara Conti in a singles match.
  • Killian Dain defeated Boa in a singles match.
  • Damian Priest defeated Pete Dunne in a singles match following a low blow.

Smackdown Results:
  • Detailed results can be found here
  • Roman Reigns vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (C) for the Intercontinental Title ended in a DQ when Baron Corbin interfered. Daniel Bryan came to Roman's aid.
  • Chad Gable defeated Curtis Axel in a singles match.
  • Hulk Hogan announced he would name a new Captain for Team Hogan at the Blood Money show in Saudi Arabia.
  • Heavy Machinery & The New Day defeated The Revival and Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode in an 8 man tag.
  • MizTV interviewed Bayley (with Sasha Banks). Bayley decided to offer words of inspiration: Life sucks and then you die.
  • Nikki Cross defeated Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, and Carmella To Earn A SmackDown Woman’s Title Shot.
  • Braun Strowman defeated Drew Gulak in a singles match, ignoring Drew's Powerpoint to show him how to beat Tyson Fury.
  • Roman Reigns is the new Captain of Team Hogan at the Blood Money show in Saudi Arabia.
  • Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and Baron Corbin in the tag match main event.

Draft Picks:

Raw
  • Becky Lynch (Night 1)
  • The OC (Night 1)
  • Drew McIntyre (Night 1)
  • Randy Orton (Night 1)
  • Ricochet (Night 1)
  • Bobby Lashley (Night 1)
  • Alexa Bliss (Night 1) - Traded back to Smackdown a couple days later for "future trade considerations"
  • Kevin Owens (Night 1)
  • Nattie Neidhart (Night 1)
  • The Viking Raiders (Night 1)
  • Nikki Cross (Night 1) - Traded back to Smackdown a couple days later for "future trade considerations"
  • The Street Profits (Night 1)
  • ECIII (Supplemental Draft)
  • Eric Young (Supplemental Draft)
  • Sin Cara (Supplemental Draft)
  • Seth Rollins (Night 2)
  • Charlotte Flair (Night 2)
  • Andrade with Zelina (Night 2)
  • The Kabuki Warriors (Night 2)
  • Rusev (Night 2)
  • Aleister Black (Night 2)
  • Cedric Alexander (Night 2)
  • Humberto Carrillo (Night 2)
  • Erick Rowan (Night 2)
  • Buddy Murphy (Night 2)
  • Jinder Mahal (Night 2)
  • R-Truth (Night 2)
  • Samoa Joe (Night 2)
  • Akira Tozawa (Night 2)
  • Shelton Benjamin (Night 2)
  • Rey Mysterio (Night 2)
  • Titus O'Neil (Night 2)
  • Liv Morgan (Night 2)
Smackdown
  • Roman Reigns (Night 1)
  • Bray Wyatt (Night 1)
  • Sasha Banks (Night 1)
  • BRAUN! (Night 1)
  • The Revival (Night 1)
  • Lacey Evans (Night 1)
  • Lucha House Party (Night 1)
  • Heavy Machinery (Night 1)
  • Apollo Crews (Supplemental Draft)
  • Drew Gulak (Supplemental Draft)
  • Heath Slater (Supplemental Draft)
  • Tamina (Supplemental Draft)
  • The B-Team (Supplemental Draft)
  • Brock Lesnar (Night 2)
  • The New Day (Night 2)
  • Daniel Bryan (Night 2)
  • Bayley (Night 2)
  • Shinsuke Nakamura with Sami Zayn (Night 2)
  • Ali (Night 2)
  • Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler (Night 2)
  • Carmella (Night 2)
  • The Miz (Night 2)
  • Baron Corbin (Night 2)
  • Shorty Gable (Night 2)
  • Elias (Night 2)

Psychepath posted:

People were asking earlier if they were reusing war room footage, and of loving course they are. Top's friday, bottom was a minute ago.

WWE's new wrestling game is coming out:

I can't deal with WWE's dogshit product anymore. I've held out as long as I can because I figured it was important to provide some kind of weekly guide on the biggest pro-wrestling company in the world but this is just becoming a giant drain on my time. If I keep writing these they're just going to get more and more negative and biased so I'm done. These can either become monthly threads with links to events or somebody else can take over doing the weekly threads.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Seth Rollins is not cool

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Seth Rollins is a heel and no one can convince me otherwise.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Yearly thread

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Then
Now
Forever

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Seth is a big bully

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WWE putting on their worst programming in years right as AEW is tearing arenas down feels like a huge "gently caress you, we don't care we have huge TV contracts regardless" thing

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Evil Canadian posted:

Seth Rollins is not cool

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
RIP j-ru killed by raw :(

Aren’t the other 2k sport games generally pretty good? I don’t play em so I have no idea

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

secrets revealed

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Erebus posted:

secrets revealed

Holy poo poo

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
Seth Rollins continues to be the worst babyface world champion in WWE.

You've been vindicated by history, Big Sexy

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
drat, they broke j-ru

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I can't deal with WWE's dogshit product anymore. I've held out as long as I can because I figured it was important to provide some guide of weekly guide on the biggest pro-wrestling company in the world but this is just becoming a giant drain on my time. If I keep writing these they're just going to get more and more negative and biased so I'm done. These can either become monthly threads with links to events or somebody else can take over doing the weekly threads.

wwe not only breaking their own performers will to carry on anymore..

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Honestly, j-ru, I'm surprised/impressed/concerned that you lasted this long.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Erebus posted:

secrets revealed

Better than anything that happened on Raw.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Come on, J-ru. You've got to stay strong and stick it out for at least a couple more weeks so we can get your reaction to the climactic, feud-ending falls count anywhere match between Bray and Seth somehow ending in a double countout.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/TrickRadigan/status/1183942961010098176

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
AEW

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Was only a matter of time before they broke Jerusalem :smith:

At least they did it the same show they killed the Funhouse

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

I can't deal with WWE's dogshit product anymore. I've held out as long as I can because I figured it was important to provide some guide of weekly guide on the biggest pro-wrestling company in the world but this is just becoming a giant drain on my time. If I keep writing these they're just going to get more and more negative and biased so I'm done. These can either become monthly threads with links to events or somebody else can take over doing the weekly threads.

Thank you for your service.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
my theory is that WWE is targeting fans that watch both WWE and AEW and trying to just kill their interest in wrestling all together, like some sort of scorched sports-entertainment campaign

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Keep doubling down on whatever the gently caress you are trying to do, Vince. Can't wait for another gently caress finish at Arabiamania IV.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
She should pronounce it Baylay because that sounds more evil.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Come on, J-ru. You've got to stay strong and stick it out for at least a couple more weeks so we can get your reaction to the climactic, feud-ending falls count anywhere match between Bray and Seth somehow ending in a double countout.

If people vote to go monthly I'll finish up weekly threads for this month and make a WWE Discussion for November thread, but it's a moot point since the match is happening on the Blood Money show which I won't be watching anyway.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
j-ru fwiw i appreciate the effort you've put in on these threads over the years because i dont know if i'd have gotten back into pro wrasslin without this subforum and if i hadnt i wouldnt be watching aew so

thank you j-ru :clap clap clapclapclap:
thank you j-ru :clap clap clapclapclap:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
jerusalem i will take over the weekly thread but instead of reporting what happened i will continue to not watch WWE and just make a write up of what i think would have been cool to happen. is that ok instead. im serious about this

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I still think Asuka and Kairi are great. Tonight's match was pretty decent when Lacey wasn't involved.

But yeah, J-Ru, no one blames you for giving up on the product (emphasis on product).

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope the Fiend is counted out of nowhere in their falls count anywhere match so Large Brain Vinny has another meltdown

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

If I keep writing these they're just going to get more and more negative and biased so I'm done. These can either become monthly threads with links to events or somebody else can take over doing the weekly threads.

peace be with you, king

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Bray Wyatt traded a farmhouse for a funhouse but both got torched by arsonists so next week on RAW we're gonna see the final evolution when he debuts the ROTUNDA ROUNDHOUSE and comes out in that motorized dad recliner thing.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Thank you j-ru

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I hope the falls count anywhere match takes place in the Istanbul consulate.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

lmao it's Glacier's first gimmick except red

gently caress WWE

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

They did the red lighting again. For a dark match.

WWE is the worst, it rules.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How did WWE win the monday night wars

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In the interest of being positive, one little touch I loved tonight was Asuka hauling Kairi's KOed body out of the ring after pinning Lacey.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
*salutes J-Ru*

You were the best of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

How did WWE win the monday night wars

wcw was ran by a bunch of suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper fuckups