Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you want your WWE Discussion threads done?
This poll is closed.
Keep the weekly threads 73 34.11%
Just go monthly 141 65.89%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

SD crew from Oct 31-Nov 16:

Oct 31: Saudi
Nov 1: Buffalo
Nov 6-13: UK tour
Nov 15: Philly
Nov 16: DC

One of those jokes where it sounds like you're talking about one part of a list but it's actually the other about Saudi Arabia and Washington DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i just noticed something weird about the undertaker. he talked about his "yard" a lot - did he ever specify that he meant his graveyard? because he's the deadman and all. was yard short for graveyard the whole time? i feel like it wasnt. i feel like they didnt know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only a graveyard if it's connected to a church so he can't. The Undertaker would never use improper grammar.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That DICK! posted:

i just noticed something weird about the undertaker. he talked about his "yard" a lot - did he ever specify that he meant his graveyard? because he's the deadman and all. was yard short for graveyard the whole time? i feel like it wasnt. i feel like they didnt know.

Didn't this also coincide with him talking about being the big dog who runs the yard? So basically he's just a sad (stupid, racist, lovely) old dog chained to the house that is WWE and spends his time protecting a yard for no other reason than instinct.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Then he lost the rights to the Yard to Roman Reigns in a bad match. Roman hasn't bothered defending the Yard at all, which explains the state of WWE nowadays

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

To people Vince likes he grants yards. To people he doesn’t - defeats!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Seth was able to find the Firefly Funhouse because he has experience hunting down the supernatural:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9a1EQaX9I

And people say they don't tell long term stories.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Venomous posted:

I think he's turning heel??? Idk what this company's doing anymore

I hover round these threads, but just reminding you that acting like a dick is what WWE considers top babyface material.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

TBF Austin would've.

Edit: Oh the fans? Who cares what they want?

austin would've done it on day 1 instead of pissing his pants at the fiend every single episode

feuding with austin means he's gunning for you 24/7

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

K but now I want to see a segment with Rollins going to court and the judge, bailiff, lawyers and everyone in the jury is wearing fiend masks.

I can't even jokingly say I want the red lights tho

has any wrestler done a Wrestling Court gimmick, because it seems like it'd be some pretty solid goofs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/seth-rollins-when-kenny-omega-done-minor-leagues-he-can-face-me-wrestlemania

You ever notice how Seth brings up Omega a lot but Omega never brings up Seth?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

Seth was able to find the Firefly Funhouse because he has experience hunting down the supernatural:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9a1EQaX9I

And people say they don't tell long term stories.

Oh dear god, I had completely memory-holed the Foley Raw GM era.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

haha what world is seth living in where omega wouldn't job to everyone in wwe for 7 years before getting a super reluctant comedy tag team push

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah yes the minor leagues of *checks notes* the Tokyo Dome & MGM Grand Garden & the Capitol One Centre.

God Seth, careful or with all that bootlicking you do you might make yourself sick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That one says he was asked a direction question.

Trying too hard, VJeff.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yinlock posted:

haha what world is seth living in where omega wouldn't job to everyone in wwe for 7 years before getting a super reluctant comedy tag team push

Don't forget the part where they'd also give him some super racist Japanese gimmick to make fun of how much time he spent in the "minor leagues" of New Japan.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

That DICK! posted:

I don't think he ever mentioned his yard when he was The Deadman, only as the American Badass.

Having said that, it absolutely should have been short for graveyard and I can't believe ai never thought of that before.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Don't forget the part where they'd also give him some super racist Japanese gimmick to make fun of how much time he spent in the "minor leagues" of New Japan.

and now a backstage interview with Team (really racist-sounding gibberish)

Omega: *eyes completely dead* yes i am big japan man

Nakamura: *smoking rolled-up 100s* lol whatever

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

That one says he was asked a direction question.

Trying too hard, VJeff.

I don't think I have a :jerkbag: big enough for you at this point.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The demon king video reminded me about one of the few good things about Seth Rollins, the cackle. He should bring it back, it wouldn't really make sense but nothing else does either so you might as well.

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 21, 2019

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I've watched this dumb poo poo intermittently for most of my life and it took me most of that video to remember who "Demon King" was supposed to be despite them saying it at least 40 times in 3 minutes.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CityMidnightJunky posted:

I don't think he ever mentioned his yard when he was The Deadman, only as the American Badass.

Having said that, it absolutely should have been short for graveyard and I can't believe ai never thought of that before.

Roman/Taker was literally a feud about who's yard it is and was the main event of Wrestlemania

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ChrisBTY posted:

TBF Austin would've.

Edit: Oh the fans? Who cares what they want?

Austin was the last face who really got away with just constantly loving with people. Starting a feud with him meant he was going to be in your head 24/7.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Sugar Blaster posted:

I've watched this dumb poo poo intermittently for most of my life and it took me most of that video to remember who "Demon King" was supposed to be despite them saying it at least 40 times in 3 minutes.

“The Demon” is such a drag on Finn’s WWE career. Wasn’t the paint in NJPW just something cool looking he did on occasion?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

“The Demon” is such a drag on Finn’s WWE career. Wasn’t the paint in NJPW just something cool looking he did on occasion?

Yep, and it wasn't used as a gimmick where he almost always won because of it. In fact he lost his first, and most famous, match he had with it at WK against Kota

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

smikey posted:

Seth is supposed to be the babyface, right? The fans are supposed to be cheering his burning down the funhouse and taunting the man crying and asking "Why?"
A lot of people are assuming the feud is building to a double-turn at Blood Money, but it seems to me like they're presupposing a level of caring about the audience and basic writing competency that the WWE demonstrably does not have.

So yes, if you think Seth is acting like a heel, it's only because you are still sane and do not realize that what you are being given is SUCH GOOD poo poo.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Seams posted:

Yeah, it was "Cool, this guy paints himself like Venom and there's a fun optical effect going on to make the mouth."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The “good poo poo” is briefcases filled with like a billion dollars”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah, it was "Cool, this guy paints himself like Venom and there's a fun optical effect going on to make the mouth."

If they were gonna do Paint-Finn as a different character, it should’ve been like Foley becoming Cactus. Didn’t mean he’d always win but it meant the other guy would get hosed up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Finn going super saiyan as a concept is fine it's just that if the gimmick is "when he puts on the paint, he wins" then you're kinda forcing yourself to book him strong because otherwise you run into "Why didn't he use the paint against Brock?"

Corbin tormenting Finn for weeks and then pissing himself when the Demon showed up was good stuff. I mean, the Demon part was, the rest of that feud was beyond dire.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

As soon as the demon had its own system of logic it was pretty dumb, because then Finn was not using it against guys like Brock when he actually needed it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I don’t even remember that feud. I remember Finn winning the title, getting injured and then coming back dressed as a pumpkin to fight Sister Abigail. Everything else is a grey blur.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I said back at the Rumble they should have Finn in Seth's spot and I'm glad time has proven me right, as always.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CapnAndy posted:

A lot of people are assuming the feud is building to a double-turn at Blood Money, but it seems to me like they're presupposing a level of caring about the audience and basic writing competency that the WWE demonstrably does not have.

So yes, if you think Seth is acting like a heel, it's only because you are still sane and do not realize that what you are being given is SUCH GOOD poo poo.

Has anything at the Blood Money shows been relevant from a story standpoint? The only thing I can think of was the Shane stuff, but outside of that it seems to just be a big budget house show.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
They should of just done Demon King vs The Fiend in a match cant be stopped for ANY reason match at WM

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the fiend should get fatter. quote if you agree

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dacap posted:

Has anything at the Blood Money shows been relevant from a story standpoint? The only thing I can think of was the Shane stuff, but outside of that it seems to just be a big budget house show.

Roman wouldn't shut up about how he actually won that stupid cage match for weeks.

(He didn't. Brock touched first)

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Low Desert Punk posted:

the fiend should get hornier. quote if you agree

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is Brock Kofi a new record for shortest world title match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

On one hand, The Sex Fiend writes itself. On the other, I'm nervous about where he's gonna stick the mandible claw.