Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

mystes posted:

v3rt3x 18 hours ago

Or they just don’t want to… I love my kids but I would prefer work to the tedium of dealing with small children or an infant any day. Most men I know just aren’t wired with the ability to tolerate child care. The last few years of “wokeness” can’t undo a few hundred thousand years of evolutionary biology.

:biotruths:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

"I love my children but holy poo poo is spending time with them intolerable." -hn posters

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Babies can be adorable but man they don't give a lot back. They whine, they poo poo, they sleep and this slowly gives way to smiles, exploration, and play, but the first year is tough especially if you're the primary carer. Everyone has a legitimate reason to dislike childcare but, yeah, making it biotruth immediately consigns your opinion to the bin.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

quote:

Ask HN: Why is machine learning easier to learn than basic social skills?

154 points by btheshoe 1 day ago | flag | hide | past | favorite | 170 comments

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I guarantee you that person doesn't actually understand machine learning.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

I guarantee you that person doesn't actually understand machine learning.

a safe bet since it remains generally poorly understood even with some progress happening here and there.

CMYK BLYAT!
Nov 7, 2011

tolko zhaesh, poshli ikh na X
ne umru ya, moi drug, nikogda!

tryptophan 2 hours ago | parent | next []

I kind of wonder why there hasnt been an "uber for bus" yet.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

ultrafilter posted:

I guarantee you that person doesn't actually understand basic social skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 9, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I came very close to saying "rust evangelism strike force" at work the other day