Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SRQ posted:

I would like an example

maybe this one? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paxillus_involutus

you can eat it safely for a while, but your immune system doesn't like it and will slowly begin to develop an allergic reaction toward it. so your immune system gets activated against the mushroom a little bit more every time you eat it, and your antibody count against the mushroom increases with every meal

also, the attack antibodies that your immune system produces to target the mushroom toxin will also destroy your own red blood cells. so every time you have an allergic reaction to the mushroom, the allergic response also attacks your own blood

if you keep eating it regularly, eventually one day the immune system becomes sensitive enough against the mushroom to kick off a major allergic reaction, at which point you develop severe autoimmune anemia as your immune system commences a large-scale assault on your own red blood cells. aside from the direct impact on oxygen circulation and all its fun side effects, all the dead cell junk that gets released into your bloodstream ruins your kidneys and gallbladder and can even cause heart failure

mushroom toxins don't gently caress around, they gently caress you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i love how quickly they forget about their obviously fake premise that the company is supposed to be solving the world's problems

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the case for lockdown is that it's easier to fix the problems caused by a lockdown than it is to fix the problems caused by getting a deadly disease

if someone catches covid-19, and it goes hard and wrecks their lungs, there's not much that can be done for them besides cranking a ventilator to max settings and hoping they don't die anyway

if a bunch of people lose their job and can't pay rent, there's a lot of stuff that can be done to mitigate the impact of that and prevent the worst outcomes. it doesn't look like we're going to actually do any of those things, but the proper response to that is to reexamine why the country is run by a loving death cult dedicated to shoveling bodies into an economic furnace, rather than throwing up our hands and betting that the virus is more merciful than the lenders and landlords

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

bingo card app guy makes prediction: "covid19 will be bad" and then spends over 10,000 words saying he was right in bizarrely coached language

https://www.kalzumeus.com/2020/04/21/japan-coronavirus/

looks like it's because he was too cowardly to actually post the prediction publicly and risk the possibility of being wrong on the internet, but he didn't want to give up the option of being able to go "I told you so" if he turned out to be right

so he posted a SHA hash, and only revealed a month later that this hash was his prediction that Japan was going to have a covid-19 epidemic. apparently "I told you so" carries a lot less impact when delivered that way

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

xtal posted:

Why did I spend 4 year getting a CS degree for Web Development when people doing coding bootcamp for a few weeks and are able to get same jobs?

What the hell?

Did I waste my time doing CS if I want to get into web dev?

Seem like CS is more for thing like embedded engineering, data engineering, etc.

What is point of CS degree if i want to become web dev???

the point of the CS degree is that you hopefully learn enough not to spend your web dev job making an unmaintainable mess dependent on fifty half-finished barely-documented libraries no one uses that'll be deprecated within six months. also if you really listened, you hopefully learned enough to be able to do other things instead of web dev

it's the modern day "why did I bother to go to college to learn how to web dev, when the neighbor's 12-year-old kid read a book on HTML and now his Geocities page is rad as heck?"