Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the author of n-gate sure cares a lot about what a bunch of people he dislikes say on a website he also dislikes. enough to register a domain, read and summarize every week of posts in a sarcastic tone. its almost like he's as insufferable as the people he complains about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Jabor posted:

which one of your hn comments did he end up mocking

I only post on this garbage website

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

ynohtna posted:

he's gonna freak when he finds out how often he's clicked on a submit button

lol

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

fritz posted:

cogman10 1 hour ago | prev | next [–]

Asbestos encapsulates a problem with society at large. We, unfortunately, are simply too binary in our thinking "Oh, asbestos causes cancer? We better purge it from everything everywhere".
The context of when and why (and to who) asbestos causes cancer is simply ignored.
This sort of problem exists everywhere. If something bad happens or is caused by something (politics, economics, etc) we are simply too quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
From a tech standpoint, I see this a lot. Postgres at my current company got banned because one team one time had a bad experience with it (after they misused it).

bring back leaded gasoline too

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

DARPA posted:

Ask HN: Do you feel bad when devices aren't utilized to the extreme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3KhCTk4dU&t=187s

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i use webstorm because i write a lot of javascript, it works p good for my needs

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

or, you know, the assumption that every homeless person isn’t suffering from crippling mental health issues and if only they could get a little helping hand they would overnight simply become a Productive Member of society

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

one obvious safety feature cars are missing these days is definitely automatic horns

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

ah yes, game dev, widely known for not requiring any support whatsoever after launch

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

load bearing when/if

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

it’s like a lot of math proofs where intuitively you might know something is likely 99.9999% true but actually proving it is a whole other story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Pigbuster posted:

love the completely unnecessary male/female specifications. “a power strip with female sockets” yeah unlike the power strip that’s just a bunch of electrified rods sticking up

lol