Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Whoever eventually finds his body is going to assume the cause of death was autoerotic asphyxiation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Most HN posters aren't avowed white supremacists but the difference is largely academic because they'll cheerfully reinvent Auschwitz after applying their engineer's disease to problems like littering or traffic congestion for ten minutes

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

oh, I guess they *are* largely avowed white supremacists. oops.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The entrance to boomer hell is a pit lined with vinyl siding

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

"can't read the whole thing" undoubtedly because they're too busy doing unpaid overtime to read a damned article

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

please just skip the funeral and dump my corpse in the ocean if you're planning to read off a chatbot eulogy

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Enderzero posted:

It's almost like saying that releasing new software doesn't do anything to help users

:kiss:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

tracecomplete posted:

middle-click for respects

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

mods, please change my username to hackernews kremlinologist

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

"needs help being passive aggressive" really does describe a lot of these posters.

help, nobody can tell my passive aggressive bullshit apart from my unintentionally off putting behavior

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lollin at the beaver genocide guy, that is top tier hackernews content :kiss:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

"monkey county" :heritage:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

old and busted: vim is better than emacs

new hotness: vscode is better than clean drinking water

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

the woke pc mob is erasing my bdsm lifestyle

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

fritz posted:

jfoutz 14 minutes ago | root | parent | next [–]

Let's set aside that it's Meta for a moment. Any company with multiple rounds of layoffs is unhealthy. Think Chrysler in the 70's pre Iacocca. They face troubles that leadership is incapable of handling. Companies like that get sold and broken out for parts. Or, some have major shakeups with leadership and come back as something else.
Meta, of course, is different. Leadership made a few mistakes, sure, but they're more than ready to cope with changes to social media in the face of tools like ChatGPT available to everyone. Facebook and Instagram will continue to provide excellent paths for advertisers to target consumers. And you can be sure they're innovating behind the scenes. Surely we'll see powerful new products and innovations in the coming months and years.

I choose to believe that guy isn't a paid shill because its so much more pathetic that way

e: snipe :argh:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lmao that he came up with an idea that he genuinely believes will save thousands of lives and is keeping it secret because he intends to monetize it. he intends to monetize it by selling it to drug cartels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

the microwave bread thing sounds like something the soylent guy would write, except I don't think he would deign to eat solid food