Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

As a kid I recall seeing what I thought was Star Wars episode 1,2,3 but somehow was Star Wars 4,5,6. Life was simple that way. Then we got 1,2,3 which were in my opinion far inferior. Then we got a bunch of Disneyland episodes after that and honestly I couldn’t be bothered watching them. It confuses the hell out of me. I think that after 1,2,3 came out we got 7,8,9 or some poo poo like that. Seriously I’d like to somehow get into these episodes but there’s a barrier because I just don’t get the order of things. Theres some chick who is like a bad rear end and a ball robot that is orange and white. Where does this fit in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Correct order is 4 5 2 3 6

Rogue One, Solo, and The Phantom Menace are all side stories.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Resting Lich Face posted:

Correct order is 4 5 2 3 6

gently caress. Why?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Piggy Smalls posted:

gently caress. Why?

Narrative integrity. Watching in release order for the first two movies preserves the "I am your father reveal" then you dip back in (in-universe) time into the prequels for episode 2 and 3 to get the Vader backstory before popping back into the original trilogy for the thrilling, furry conclusion in episode 6. Oh and Disney made a couple supposed "main series" movies that take place afterward, those are 7, 8, and the upcoming 9.

Here's a very in-depth article from the nerd who came up with this poo poo https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

As a massive loving Star Wars nerd I give it my endorsement.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 18, 2019

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
If you just watch them a couple times each it all just sort of gels together in congealment. Weed is optional.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Luke starts to have sex with his sister but then realizes he’s gay and the rest of the poo poo is his dad and his gay buddies trying to get Luke to be gay with them but he’s not into it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Also, the prequels are better in context with other canon material. Namely the Clone Wars TV series which is better quality than frankly most of the movies in the whole franchise (and Ahsoka is way more badass than Rey).

And then there's the Rebels series which is aimed for a younger audience and seems to have a lower budget but also contains the single best (and shortest) lightsaber duel in the entire loving franchise.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 18, 2019

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Narrative integrity. Watching in release order for the first two movies preserves the "I am your father reveal" then you dip back in (in-universe) time into the prequels for episode 2 and 3 to get the Vader backstory before popping back into the original trilogy for the thrilling, furry conclusion in episode 6. Oh and Disney made a couple supposed "main series" movies that take place afterward, those are 7, 8, and the upcoming 9.

Here's a very in-depth article from the nerd who came up with this poo poo https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

in other words, absolutely the worst possible endorsement

just watch them the way they came out. dont watch the stupid HD computer re-render special editions of the original trilogy though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SHISHKABOB posted:

in other words, absolutely the worst possible endorsement

that guy has bad opinions on a mostly bad series lmao

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Wait they made other star wars after the real star wars that came out in the 70's and 80's?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
One really good movie (4), one great movie (5) and one underwhelming yet satisfying movie (6). The rest are trash

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
just a long advertisement for colt 45

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

There is no try only do... 4,5,6.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Raw stories. :jerkbag:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Correct order is 4 5 6

fixed that for you. the rest is trash

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you don't have to watch star wars
it's fine if you want to but don't feel like you have to

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Cubone posted:

Strongly disagree

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hey BTW Disney is doing a relabelling of episodes 1-9 as "The Skywalker Saga" so that Star Wars X, which takes place in the KotOR era, will kick off the Old Republic series of films and take you to a sweet and loving death.

They've even decided that the standardized branding for each trilogy set is a thing now (which is why 7-9 have Star Wars at the center but with different color fills).

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Hey BTW Disney is doing a relabelling of episodes 1-9 as "The Skywalker Saga" so that Star Wars X, which takes place in the KotOR era, will kick off the Old Republic series of films and take you to a sweet and loving death.

They've even decided that the standardized branding for each trilogy set is a thing now (which is why 7-9 have Star Wars at the center but with different color fills).

The real war will be fought to stop the Star Wars. A Star Wars War.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

*farts inquisitively*

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it was an early missile shield that included laser satellite platforms with a nuclear reactor that would shoot down an incoming ICBM while the satellite platform would blow up and rain highly radioactive debris after a single firing. some say it was an early indicator of Reagan's deteriorating mental facilities

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dont you ever feel a little embarassed

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Star Wars is dead and its time of cultural cache is waning because Disney botched it so badly, so I dont think theres any reason to get involved at this point.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
1, 2, and 3, are elaborate pranks. 4,5,and 6 are great. Rogue One and Solo are best. 7 is okay, and 8 is hilarious and fun. 9 will be poo poo because the only thing worse than a terrible director is a butthurt terrible director who is pissed off that episode 8 poo poo right in his stupid mouth.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Idk but spock was cool

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cubone posted:

No. If you don't watch the Star Wars movies I will go to your house and act tough for a minute but at the first sign of resistance I will curl into a ball and start screaming as tears run down my face and you'll try to push me off the threshold but I'll be too fat to be moved and you'll have to call the cops who'll need like four people to lift me up and it'll be an awkward experience for all of us so you should watch the movies and save us both from some awkward and possibly traumatic moments.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Also, the prequels are better in context with other canon material. Namely the Clone Wars TV series which is better quality than frankly most of the movies in the whole franchise (and Ahsoka is way more badass than Rey).

And then there's the Rebels series which is aimed for a younger audience and seems to have a lower budget but also contains the single best (and shortest) lightsaber duel in the entire loving franchise.

lol i dont watch tv shows for children

only movies for children

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only Star Wars movie you need to watch is the Holiday Special. It introduces you to all the important Star Wars lore, like how much Chewbacca's dad likes to jack it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hH8rxarVG8

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Mega64 posted:

The only Star Wars movie you need to watch is the Holiday Special. It introduces you to all the important Star Wars lore, like how much Chewbacca's dad likes to jack it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hH8rxarVG8

Honestly if they don't CGI Bea Arthur back to life in episode 9 I am going to put all my Star Wars figures in a burlap sack for like two weeks.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

A hack ripped off great works with the help of his successful friend

The end

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mega64 posted:

Nah, the Ewok movies are the only real Star War

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

watch 4, 5, 6 for real movies, 7 maybe 8 for CGI pew pew, and the prequels if you found the OT characters too cool and interesting and would rather see them as dumb boring twats.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Star Wars movies will be like Santa to my kids. Eventually they'll find out there's more than 4-6, but until that day we'll preserve their innocence.

I liked Rogue One more than any of the other numbered entrys.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
I kinda wish the Jedi encountered xenomorphs

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pickwick High posted:

I kinda wish the Jedi encountered xenomorphs

A Xenomorph that came out of a Jedi should be force-sensitive.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
6 6 6

It's a deep film with all sorts of layers (redemption, ewoks etc)

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Just watch the original trilogy (4, 5, 6) over and over again because they're amazingly great, iconic classic films that defined the action-adventure sci-fi genre and are still excellent today. Especially the first two. Skip the prequel trilogy (1, 2, 3) because they're insulting, poorly written garbage, horribly produced in every respect, and mostly boring as heck. The first two prequels put me to sleep because nothing happens. The last one moves at a decent pace at least but it's just really goddamn insanely bad. The newer sequel trilogy is okay with very entertaining standout moments here and there so far, but they're definitely skippable.

Solo is dogshit and is so bad that it murdered the idea of further side story movies. Never watch it. Rogue One is a must-watch. Think Star Wars except it's an actual high stakes war movie with a band of rear end in a top hat rebels who don't trust each other. Some of the editing is very weird and disjointed at times (probably because Disney was allegedly very unhappy with the movie and hired a last minute editor), but it's highly enjoyable and mostly awesome.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Much like the Simpsons, there's now significantly more bad Star Wars media than good Star Wars media.

Also every single character has had at least one novel written about them (yes, even the wolf guy) and they usually sound batshit insane.

Sigmund Fraud
Jul 31, 2005

Just recently rewatched Hidden Fortress - the Kurosawa movie which the first movie is largely based off - and the cinematography is sooo superior. Sure most (all?) art is theft but SW really pales in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Just watch them in the order they came out in, until you get bored.

If the movie gets stupid and you're not enjoying it, just don't watch the next one. Don't listen to the people who'll tell you it's "better". Better doesn't mean good. That's how we got into this mess in the first place.