Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SHISHKABOB posted:

why doesnt he just force grab them all at once. they cant weigh more than a x wing. then he would have the data lol

data's from star trek :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The Vader stuff in Rogue One is loving stupid which makes it an appropriate end to Star Wars as a storytelling force. Three movies about how a man sinks into evil through the failure of his society and friends to provide the emotional and philosophical support that he instead gets from fascism? Sounds like some bullshit there’s probably bad dialogue and CG frog people in there too, lets just skip to the part where he’s “bad rear end” chopping people to shreds with a sword while they scream in horror

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Vader' entrance in IV appearing calmly after the storm troopers is much cooler and more menacing than the stupid monster/video game poo poo he does in Rogue One. That scene is stupid and masturbatory, on the level of Yoda and the Emperor doing lightsaber poo poo.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The worst thing about Rogue One is Forest Whitaker though. Wtf even was that

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

skasion posted:

The Vader stuff in Rogue One is loving stupid which makes it an appropriate end to Star Wars as a storytelling force. Three movies about how a man sinks into evil through the failure of his society and friends to provide the emotional and philosophical support that he instead gets from fascism? Sounds like some bullshit there’s probably bad dialogue and CG frog people in there too, lets just skip to the part where he’s “bad rear end” chopping people to shreds with a sword while they scream in horror

lol you thought the prequels were canon

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I saw rogue one maybe six months ago and I have no memory of any of the stuff you're all talking about

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Icochet posted:

I saw rogue one maybe six months ago and I have no memory of any of the stuff you're all talking about

That's probably for the best.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

lol you thought the prequels were canon

“Canon” is a conceptual plague. The dark side of the force of imagination that we as viewers of fiction bring to the table, if you will

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
like, its a movie, its not a religion.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

FogHelmut posted:

I'm going to watch it right now because its the best scene in all of Star Wars and suddenly ruined by the atrocious de-aging creepy CGI on Carrie Fisher.

It's a fully CG character; they didn't bring in Carrie Fischer for it. The body double is just some model. I actually think she looks a little better than Tarkin, but maybe that's because I barely have time to process it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

The Cockler posted:

dont you ever feel a little embarassed

gently caress no I'll never feel bad about liking what I like.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mooktastical posted:

The most important thing to remember about which Star Wars movies is that you can find HD remasters of 4, 5, and 6 without all the lizard-rear end and poo poo by searching for Harmy's Despecialized edition out there on the interwebz. Friends don't let friends watch the 'Special' Edition.

You're no up-to-date on your recommendation.

4k77 (Episode IV), 4k83 (Episode VI) and, sometime in the future, 4k80 (Episode V) are where it's at: Those are scans of the original movie reels, not compositions like the Despecialized version. They are of way better quality.

4K h.265, 1080p h.264 and versions with and without Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) are available. Get them!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

skasion posted:

The worst thing about Rogue One is Forest Whitaker though. Wtf even was that

I thought his name was Saul Guerrero in that movie which I thought was an extraordinarily normal name for star wars. And then I saw online that apparently no, its saw gerrera.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok I'll explain them real quick in chronological order.

Ep1: Boy meets girl.
Ep2: Boy falls in love with girl.
Ep3: Boy is breaking her heart.

Solo: People you recognize from other franchises have a party.
Rogue One: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and evade it.

Ep 4: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it.
Ep 5: Only entry that isn't meant with furious argument when you say it's good.
Ep 6: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it. Ewoks.

Ep 7: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it. Harrison Ford finally free.
Ep 8: Rian Johnson ruthlessly trolls both Disney and anyone who ever liked Star Wars.
Ep 9: (Coming soon) JJ Abrams "Oh god how do I piece this back together... uh, time travel???"

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

I guess videogame cutscenes are canon now.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Randarkman posted:

Vader' entrance in IV appearing calmly after the storm troopers is much cooler and more menacing than the stupid monster/video game poo poo he does in Rogue One. That scene is stupid and masturbatory, on the level of Yoda and the Emperor doing lightsaber poo poo.

Masturbation feels good :shrug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Death star would be a lot cooler if it was a Dyson sphere over an actual star

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Masturbation feels good :shrug:

Yes, but if I'm masturbating I'd rather it happen in private and that I'm watching something with naked people.

The Vader monster scene was stupid and embarassing and indicative of someone who don't understand the original character.

That said there's alot of Star Wars fans who don't understand what was good about Star Wars. Wookieepedia and the EU provides exhaustive documentary proof of this.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 18, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok I'll explain them real quick in chronological order.

Ep1: Boy meets girl.
Ep2: Boy falls in love with girl.
Ep3: Boy is breaking her heart.

Solo: People you recognize from other franchises have a party.
Rogue One: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and evade it.

Ep 4: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it.
Ep 5: Only entry that isn't meant with furious argument when you say it's good.
Ep 6: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it. Ewoks.

Ep 7: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it. Harrison Ford finally free.
Ep 8: Rian Johnson ruthlessly trolls both Disney and anyone who ever liked Star Wars.
Ep 9: (Coming soon) JJ Abrams "Oh god how do I piece this back together... uh, time travel???"

Not bad.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hope star wars IX involves traveling back to episode 1 and assassinating the future emperor/aborting vader

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Randarkman posted:

Yes, but if I'm masturbating I'd rather it happen in private and that I'm watching something with naked people.

The Vader monster scene was stupid and embarassing and indicative of someone who don't understand the original character.

That said there's alot of Star Wars fans who don't understand what was good about Star Wars. Wookieepedia and the EU provides exhaustive documentary proof of this.

Yeah so? It wasn't high art. Still kicked rear end.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Colonel Cancer posted:

I hope star wars IX involves traveling back to episode 1 and assassinating the future emperor/aborting vader

You think that bomb in ep 2 was meant for amidala?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I hope it has Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor. That's the only thing that will make see part of it. Him as the Emperor is a cinematic delight almost regardless of context.

Really I should thank Rian Johnson, because of his movie I am well and truly freed of watching any more Star Wars movies.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Yeah so? It wasn't high art. Still kicked rear end.

You are allowed to be wrong.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I hope they travel in time and also space to present day Earth and try to blend in. Darth Vader as a goth-steampunk cosplayer force chocking a rowdy youth on the bus for listening rock and roll too loud.

They have to save the last polar bear because it's the only thing that can talk to ewoks now that c3po is dead

Icochet fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 18, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOmyuweolqY&t=1212s

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Randarkman posted:

I hope it has Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor. That's the only thing that will make see part of it. Him as the Emperor is a cinematic delight almost regardless of context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BedWowuRdyU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Randarkman posted:

You are allowed to be wrong.

We already saw your posts, we know

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

The rumors, if proven to be true, will make you WISH that this was the actual plot for IX.

I certainly wish that they instead choose to Force Ghost Han, who then kills everyone and clean slates this poo poo.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Barudak posted:

Star Wars is dead and its time of cultural cache is waning because Disney botched it so badly, so I dont think theres any reason to get involved at this point.

:goonsay:

Yeah, nope. I'm not the biggest fan of the new sequel trilogy either, but also I don't think it's "the worst thing ever" like goons have such a hard-on for when it comes to anything popular in existence. Goons forget their personal cynical feelings on any given mega popular media franchise have little to nothing to do with the mass market and Star Wars is just as popular as an iconic cultural staple as ever. There's literal 10 year old girls walking around with Rey and Leia t-shirts goddamn everywhere these days. But nah, I guess goons are right and Star Wars is dead.

If anything, Solo releasing just 5 months after The Last Jedi, getting critically panned, and underperforming horribly in the box office hurt Star Wars so much more than any of the new mainline Disney movies, which were both massive box office superstars.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 18, 2019

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
To be fair, solo committed the crime of being boring

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

ikanreed posted:

To be fair, solo committed the crime of being boring

:confused:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

CHUMBAWUMBA, SOLO!!! -Jabba The Hutt

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

CHUMBAWUMBA, SOLO!!! -Jabba The Hutt

I get force pushed down
But I get up again

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I like the Star Wars where Ben Sisko's father runs a creole restaurant on earth.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

The plot lacked tension

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

ikanreed posted:

The plot lacked tension

Okay that's fair.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Lambert posted:

I like the Star Wars where Ben Sisko's father runs a creole restaurant on earth.

Same dude who plays Sisko’s dad also voiced Darth Vader in the old Star Wars radio play. He’s no James Earl Jones but I kind of like his take on the character.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

:goonsay:

Yeah, nope. I'm not the biggest fan of the new sequel trilogy either, but also I don't think it's "the worst thing ever" like goons have such a hard-on for when it comes to anything popular in existence. Goons forget their personal cynical feelings on any given mega popular media franchise have little to nothing to do with the mass market and Star Wars is just as popular as an iconic cultural staple as ever. There's literal 10 year old girls walking around with Rey and Leia t-shirts goddamn everywhere these days. But nah, I guess goons are right and Star Wars is dead.

If anything, Solo releasing just 5 months after The Last Jedi, getting critically panned, and underperforming horribly in the box office hurt Star Wars so much more than any of the new mainline Disney movies, which were both massive box office superstars.

People didn't go watch Solo because Last Jedi was so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

skasion posted:

Same dude who plays Sisko’s dad also voiced Darth Vader in the old Star Wars radio play. He’s no James Earl Jones but I kind of like his take on the character.

Didn't know that. Now I'm imagining Darth Vader being all excited about some Jambalaya.