Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Resting Lich Face posted:

Narrative integrity. Watching in release order for the first two movies preserves the "I am your father reveal" then you dip back in (in-universe) time into the prequels for episode 2 and 3 to get the Vader backstory before popping back into the original trilogy for the thrilling, furry conclusion in episode 6. Oh and Disney made a couple supposed "main series" movies that take place afterward, those are 7, 8, and the upcoming 9.

Here's a very in-depth article from the nerd who came up with this poo poo https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

As a massive loving Star Wars nerd I give it my endorsement.

in other words, absolutely the worst possible endorsement

just watch them the way they came out. dont watch the stupid HD computer re-render special editions of the original trilogy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I'm going to watch it right now because its the best scene in all of Star Wars and suddenly ruined by the atrocious de-aging creepy CGI on Carrie Fisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

why doesnt he just force grab them all at once. they cant weigh more than a x wing. then he would have the data lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
like, its a movie, its not a religion.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kase Im Licht posted:

Did the original trilogy ever talk about Jedi not being allowed to sex each other up or is that just a dumb thing that got added later for some minor plot convenience?

The original trilogy doesnt really go into what the jedi stood for, its just yoda and obi wan desperately trying to get luke to kill darth vader.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
When I was a little kid I almost cried when Luke was kicking Vader's rear end and then cuts off his arm, all the way through to when he throws away his lightsaber. It's really good. Then they cut to some bullshit with ewoks but whatever.