Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Correct order is 4 5 2 3 6

Rogue One, Solo, and The Phantom Menace are all side stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Piggy Smalls posted:

gently caress. Why?

Narrative integrity. Watching in release order for the first two movies preserves the "I am your father reveal" then you dip back in (in-universe) time into the prequels for episode 2 and 3 to get the Vader backstory before popping back into the original trilogy for the thrilling, furry conclusion in episode 6. Oh and Disney made a couple supposed "main series" movies that take place afterward, those are 7, 8, and the upcoming 9.

Here's a very in-depth article from the nerd who came up with this poo poo https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

As a massive loving Star Wars nerd I give it my endorsement.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 18, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Also, the prequels are better in context with other canon material. Namely the Clone Wars TV series which is better quality than frankly most of the movies in the whole franchise (and Ahsoka is way more badass than Rey).

And then there's the Rebels series which is aimed for a younger audience and seems to have a lower budget but also contains the single best (and shortest) lightsaber duel in the entire loving franchise.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 18, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

The Cockler posted:

dont you ever feel a little embarassed

gently caress no I'll never feel bad about liking what I like.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok I'll explain them real quick in chronological order.

Ep1: Boy meets girl.
Ep2: Boy falls in love with girl.
Ep3: Boy is breaking her heart.

Solo: People you recognize from other franchises have a party.
Rogue One: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and evade it.

Ep 4: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it.
Ep 5: Only entry that isn't meant with furious argument when you say it's good.
Ep 6: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it. Ewoks.

Ep 7: Great sacrifices are made to discover the weaknesses of the Death Star and destroy it. Harrison Ford finally free.
Ep 8: Rian Johnson ruthlessly trolls both Disney and anyone who ever liked Star Wars.
Ep 9: (Coming soon) JJ Abrams "Oh god how do I piece this back together... uh, time travel???"

Not bad.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

ikanreed posted:

To be fair, solo committed the crime of being boring

:confused:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

CHUMBAWUMBA, SOLO!!! -Jabba The Hutt

I get force pushed down
But I get up again

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

ikanreed posted:

The plot lacked tension

Okay that's fair.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Show us your bluray collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Kazak posted:

Would somebody get this big walking *[beep]* out of my *[beep]*

*laugh track*