Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Gochujang is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse

Resting Lich Face posted:

Gokujang is good.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Garlic. All of it.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

here are my applications for different hot sauces

Crystal hot sauce on gyros, fried shrimp po-boys, fried fish, scrambled eggs

Cholula on Mexican dishes

Tabasco is poor man's Crystal

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

tabasco on breakfast food.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

big nipples big life posted:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

me your dad posted:

here are my applications for different hot sauces

Crystal hot sauce on gyros, fried shrimp po-boys, fried fish, scrambled eggs

Cholula on Mexican dishes

Tabasco is poor man's Crystal

Texas Pete’s on cold pizza

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

1redflag posted:

cold pizza

:chloe:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

big nipples big life posted:

I had hotel breakfast two weeks ago, and surprisingly the hotel had a jar of kimchi, so I added some to my eggs. Definitely recommend.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Also, not nearly enough horseradish love up in this bitch

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Barron's scotch bonnet mustard hot sauce. So good and made down on the chain.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Mix a little up with some good honey and eat it on johnny cakes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

1redflag posted:

Also, not nearly enough horseradish love up in this bitch

Horseradish owns. I got a smoky horseradish ghost pepper sauce a few weeks ago and it’s my favorite thing in my fridge. Horseradish is great in almost any delivery mechanism. Sauce, mustard, grated... it’s good stuff.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

AKZ posted:

Barron's scotch bonnet mustard hot sauce. So good and made down on the chain.

I recently got Matouk's calypso sauce which is scotch bonnets and mustard and spices. It's real good.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Cum

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Walrus posted:

fish sauce is amazingly versatile, the fishy flavour cooks off very quickly and you are left with meaty umaminess

try drizzing it on your roasted veggies, or, and this is a huge fuckin pro tip, in your tomato sauce

hell yeah. there's a reason romans loved the stuff and it's ubiquitous in asian cuisine. It's goddam delicious

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
if you are reading this thread and you don't know what a roux is or how to make it and use it, please remedy that ASAP

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
tapatio - on tacos. no substitute

valentinas black - ok you can put this on tacos too. also good on pizza

valentinas yellow - eggs! the egg hot sauce.

tabasco - for making chili more spicy

franks - wings, pizza, eggs

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
bbq sauce is all trash from a bottle, all of it, there are really really few exceptions. just make your own with ketchup, pineapple juice, molasses, spices, and a boatload of cider vinegar.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Ketchup can go in the loving toilet its disgusting poo poo

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

The Walrus posted:

boatload of cider vinegar.

My man knows his BBQ

Chrs posted:

Ketchup can go in the loving toilet its disgusting poo poo

On it's own it's trash and anyone whose age is double digits and still likes it needs to grow up... but it's a great base for BBQ sauce.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
the hot sauces:

-cholula garlic

- this one

the spreads:

german mittelscharf mustard in a tube
want to try mushroom ketchup cause it looks loving gross

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Spazzle posted:

Garlic. All of it.

This guys knows what's up.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I've been using a lot of Worcestershire sauce lately, it's an excellent source of umami, the fifth flavor I keep hearing about.

Also Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute, that stuff goes great on everything.

When I'm sauteeing onions which happens a lot because onions are used in everything I splash some Worcestershire sauce halfway through and it starts smelling great when I take it off the heat.

What are some other sauces I'm missing out on? Any good recipes that involve worcestershire sauce?

If you like Worcestershire sauce then you should try to import some Henderson's Relish or get a UK goon to send you some.

It's Worcestershire Sauce x100.

I'm all about Healthy Boy Brand Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce. I have it with pretty much everything.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The lovely $2 a bottle president's choice chipotle hot sauce is honestly really good. Better than most of the $7 premo brands.

R.L. Stine posted:

- this one

Oh snap, I almost bought this a few days ago. Is it bbq or what? Really hot or 50 year old white aunt from the suburbs hot?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If you make a marinara and don't put some long strips of basil over the top when you serve it you are committing a hate crime against my people.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm a simple man. Ketchup on everything.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Dell_Zincht posted:

If you like Worcestershire sauce then you should try to import some Henderson's Relish or get a UK goon to send you some.

It's Worcestershire Sauce x100.

I'm all about Healthy Boy Brand Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce. I have it with pretty much everything.

I looked this up on Wikipedia and the article contains the phrase: traditional rapper women's dance team. What is a traditional English rap?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Outrail posted:

Oh snap, I almost bought this a few days ago. Is it bbq or what? Really hot or 50 year old white aunt from the suburbs hot?

Has carolina reaper in it so depending on amount it's somewhere between quite warm and make-a-southeast-asian-cry hot.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Outrail posted:

it's pretty hot imo and i eat a lot of asian-spicy food, but still has flavour because of the black cherries probably so it's not just overwhelming heat/vinegar. i put a couple drops in various other sauces i make and that about does it for me. i made bbq sauce with it and bourbon once and it was real good and the smell made the house near uninhabitable for several days

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Furikake

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Tonkatsu sauce on anything, especially breaded and fried things but drat I could drink that stuff.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

bomb posted:

Sweet Baby Rays

:hmmyes:

bomb posted:

Montreal Steak Seasoning

Steaks, burgers, shepherds pie, baked chicken, green beans, I put that stuff on darn near everything it seems.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I am down with that orgasm sauce

sweet baby rays is awful. no tang, no zip. what's the POINT

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Resting Lich Face posted:

Has carolina reaper in it so depending on amount it's somewhere between quite warm and make-a-southeast-asian-cry hot.

R.L. Stine posted:

it's pretty hot imo and i eat a lot of asian-spicy food, but still has flavour because of the black cherries probably so it's not just overwhelming heat/vinegar. i put a couple drops in various other sauces i make and that about does it for me. i made bbq sauce with it and bourbon once and it was real good and the smell made the house near uninhabitable for several days

I don’t know why but the reaper sauces I’ve had tend to be more flavorful than other superhot sauces. Maybe because the volume:spice ratio of the pepper is so high it gives more room for other ingredients in the same amount of sauce?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Walrus posted:

I am down with that orgasm sauce

sweet baby rays is awful. no tang, no zip. what's the POINT

It's good for dippin' your chicken nuggies in

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Lime juice, soy sauce, and habanero hot sauce together.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

bloom posted:

I recently got Matouk's calypso sauce which is scotch bonnets and mustard and spices. It's real good.

Sweet, picking up the small 5 oz variety pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Kimchi water, like the water that is left in the jar after you eat it all. Good in soups, eggs, marinades, ramen.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 18, 2019