Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Prurient Squid posted:

I'm kind of baffled at the quests in A Shining Jewel from the Heavens and other locations that have missing requests. But I figure they'll unlock as I progress. Not likely to have hidden secrets in this sort of game.

They unlock either right before or once you’ve beaten the end boss. Do them before moving on to NG+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Got my first "Energetic". 150 per minute. Don't want to go higher than that. Probably because I'm trying to progress and keep wanting to push through dungeons.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game caps out your reps at 99999 and I assume it applies to all your fit skills. There is no mention on hitting that cap. You can still get six digits when measuring your distance traveled. Almost done with NG+ and hitting 2000 reps on almost all the skills. Now doing difficulty 30 as well. I feel faster than last year now that those problems are gone.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game does keep track of your numbers after you finish the act bosses and can count over 100k. It said 23 minutes to finish NG+ and it took an hour to finish. Even without the recovery skills, it would still be over 45 minutes. Act 1 gives you more XP than the next loop for some reason. At difficulty 30, it was less punishing than the first final boss fight. I was level 480. The fight would have been a bit shorter still, but I came across a flag where Dragaux has to get the last three ultimates in all at once and he healed with every hit he took at my final set. Totally forgot he had a whole different encounter after that. I experienced DOMS the next day and it was half a year since I felt that bad.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Time to fight Potential Unleashed Dragaux and see what the big deal is. I was level 265 at difficulty 26, with 32 minutes to finish. It took over an hour and more than 400 calories. I was dead at the very end with about 600 hp to go.
Looking back, it is 22 minutes to finish that stage now.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I am getting close to beating the new game plus. I didn’t 100% everything because the fan walking game is annoying and I didn’t have the patience for it.

I’ve been doing more VR fitness to get in cardio but still will throw this game in for the resistance exercises. I wish the stuff outside the campaign built the warm up and cool down.

I wish they would do some kinda DLC with new story and exercises. When you max out tue skill tree some of them are just more powerful and the you end up missing out on some muscles unless you make a point of doing them.

Anyway, it’s still good and got me into working out regularly. Especially how I’m tracking it with my Apple Watch I’m keeping up my streaks.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When you beat NG+ you get versions of every exercise that have the same attack power (depending on the number of targets) so you can use anything.

Also Custom Mode exists and is good.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I managed to finish off all the yoga skills except the drat heals. I should have paced them out a bit more even if there are not as many green monsters. Almost halfway done with plusplus and all the heals need 1000 reps still. Will I hit max level or 100% first?
It finally got easier to work the fits. I don't feel sluggish in doing them. Here's hoping the ring lasts long enough to finish the game. It is making me work harder since it is getting worn down.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I will be replacing the ring soon. I didn't mind it being inaccurate earlier, but my reps are noticeably suffering and require too much extra effort just to hit Great every time. It is exhausting, but I am getting in better shape each month. Finally done with Planks and I noticed an easily fixable problem with my form or it was something related to being overworked at the job affecting it. Done with Planks forever, but they didn't seem so bad aside from the arms scraping on any material I put them on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am at Finalia with enough leftover missions for today's session and then it's God of Destruction Dragaux next time. Just need the Healing FITS titles at this point and 300 levels.

Found a fun way to move through the courses and that is knee lifting the entire time. Much more XP than running and more challenging. You won't zoom past things so you can get the stuff on the sides more easily. You will need to be alert for changes in obstacles, since you won't defeat treadmills or breaking floors at that pace. Feels more skill and fitness intensive. Running the whole time is boring when now you can skip towards the violent animals and hear your legs cry for a rest.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You are so dedicated, I gave up on this game a while ago lol there’s only so long that number going up can be motivating for me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After three years I just recently finished NG++ lol, now I'm going back to get 100% on the first two campaigns.

Maybe after that I will finally go to custom mode and do the healing exercises I never used in the main game lol

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You are so dedicated, I gave up on this game a while ago lol there’s only so long that number going up can be motivating for me.
I am glad I started when I did since I had to go to the hospital so many times from accidents and surgeries that I would have been a land whale without exercise.

I am at the point where Standing Twist defeats every encounter except Dark Bells. The gains are too strong.

edit: Who is the fellow who mentioned the game keeping track of the FIT skills past 5000? Did he find out how far it goes?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 5, 2022

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Still not near max level, but getting there. Going to take some time.

The game does recognize getting 10000 reps for a set, but it doesn't get higher. Taking down notes on how to do alternate takes on FITS since it is so boring with everything dying so quickly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One Squat Man

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Instead of doing Overhead Arm Twist, you can lower the ring against your arm, wait for the countdown, and grab the ring as you are performing Rush Lift. You may have to do it faster to count the reps.

For Russian Twists: I lift my legs up and move them in the opposite direction the ring is going. Twisting my arms and legs at the same time. Better focus on the arms since that is what counts.

Knee Lifts: Slightly move the upper body the other way of the leg you are lifting, like it is Warrior 1 Pose. That one I do when I feel bored. I already am knee lifting my way through each course.

A video of alternate poses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COgFQYtuHw

I tried out back to back Dragaux stages except the final one and it is quite a workout without resorting to fighting monsters. Really glad it didn't have the squatter coaster.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
During the grind to level MAX, did several restarts in the last gym for 20 minutes and switched to the real exercise by starting over with knee lifts for movement, all random FITS, and none of the xp abuses. Had 100% the game and max level after 147 hours. It took an hour after getting the final title to get max level. Your Rush attack damage is extremely front loaded with the first rep and getting a Good and Great adds a bit more damage. You don't cause any more damage beyond that, so even if you could get over 100 hits, it won't get stronger.

Sold everything to get under 8800 attack and got every increase in red power for each Dragaux fight. I did about 60000/57000/53000 damage to his red form on each difficulty. More than enough to skip his other forms and tank all his ultimates at once. His final forms in each new game took 1 set and a rush, 2 sets, and 2 sets with a rush. His easiest final form had a nearly full last bar of health, so I doubt another 200 drinks from a million gold would bring him down with 1 set.

Dragaux never got to ask Allegra for a date.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If you want to enjoy Hip Lifts, you can squeeze the ring to start the set and do your lifts without needing the ring between the legs. So much easier not focusing on the multiple things the ring adds to the exercise.

If you have problems bending over, maybe squat to your ankles and hold it for a while. Do several squats after that and it loosened up the legs.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 11, 2023

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I just got to world 11. The Valley of wishes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Turns out that Guru Andma doesn't even bother with her gimmick at difficulty 30 and goes straight to Dark Mode in every encounter. Even with her immunity, she still doesn't use healing between her scripted attacks. Not sure if there is a point where she downgrades or upgrades. She didn't have that cutscene where she turns dark. Yoga poses are such a disappointment and with only one ball boss that merely forces a squat block.

That Yellow Stepper and his Dark brother both used their ultimates every turn. Cleaned me out of revives. I didn't mention the Dark Stepper being that hard when the Yellow one did exactly the same thing two years ago, so difficulty might also factor on their AI routine. Dark Stepper hits really hard.

Just hit Finalia and going to meet Dragaux at lower levels than last time. I wonder if it will take a whole hour to bring him down again.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I met a girl called Scarecruel. She seems a bit suspicious somehow :ohdear:.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Beat Final Dragaux on World 23 at difficulty 30 at level 220. Still took an hour to finish and I wasn't so wiped out this time, but I had enough of everything when it was over.
Got over another plateau last month and started losing weight again. Just need to keep up the routine for another half year and hopefully have everything fixed.

Next few fights with him was easy mode and then he took out half my bar before reaching Sporta.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I'm reading Atomic Habits and I'm a complete convert to the idea that building good habits is more effective than strenuous self propulsion.

Each day I put my bedsheets on the floor and then set up a yoga mat. I do my bed after I've finished the yoga.

Also instead of running I just walk and try to walk a bit further every day. I don't use a pedometer but I might try that. I don't have a step target.

I go to Quakers on Sunday and I usually walk into town. Sometimes I walk there and back.

My weight is moving in the right direction.

e:

I just ordered a pedometer. Also I just did a whole bunch of walking. I met the same woman twice!

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 14, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqnk_jfLUFU

New exercise game by Spike Chunsoft

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Does it say anything about using the pilates ring?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Nah I wouldn’t expect it, Nintendo probably would’ve charged them money for compatibility

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game, no surprise, doesn't do enough to really work the muscles in your arms. If you want to crush that ring, you still need to lift weights. Does seem much more promising than FOTNS boxing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

Nah I wouldn’t expect it, Nintendo probably would’ve charged them money for compatibility

sad

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

There's a demo and you can transfer save data if you buy it so I'll download it. Problem is one of of my joycons is being repaired.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

OK I just played Fitness Circuit. Here are my thoughts.

It's very no-brainer and I like that. You don't think, it just happens to you.

Some of the actions don't register. It's a pain but I think you only lose points anyway so eh.

Some of the futuristic parts remind me of Ape Escape 3. Which makes me wonder, why isn't there an Ape Escape fitness game?

Lastly, it's interesting that they didn't tack on some kind of sci plot onto it. Like we're secret agents fighting the evil organisation L.A.Z.Y. that are trying to take over the world.

In conclusion, the world needs an Ape Escape themed fitness game.

e:

Those cooldown stretches are insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

never sell your rubies or pearls