Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I quit the main seed in 2:49. I was just not in the mood today to run around checking all the remaining things for the boomerang with nothing to clue me in where it would be. First one in shadow? Vanilla? Last loving check in shadow? Checking the spoiler log, no, it was the damned ghosts, another last ditch check. I also did a useless GTG, useless child half of spirit and a bunch of other random checks. I was only missing the boomerang for about 30 minutes after doing Spirit Temple I think and it was just not one of those days for me when it felt worth it to keep going. I probably should have saved and continued tomorrow but I fell off a thing in Ice Cavern and just quit instead.

Shame because other than that it was a really fun seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
3:01:24 on main seed :argh:

if only i hadn't gone through ice cavern .... also hosed up and missed ganon's tail like 10 times lol. routing was pretty good but yea gtg wasted a good chunk of time.

man with hat i was basically in that exact position at like 2:40 but got lucky deciding to check poe after IC. backflipped off the silver coin pillar beside the blue fire and was this close to landing in the hole, probably would've had to stop playing for a bit if I had lmao.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, poo poo, this got away from me. Someone wanna do it for this week?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'll put up the main seed at least:

An incorrect seed lived here once

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 8, 2020

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Might need to reroll that, it has closed forest and door of time, and the other accessibility settings don't seem to be on either.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Really? I copied it from the last post. Maybe I accidentally grabbed the bonus seed's string.

Go ahead and do it yourself if you can, I wont have a chance for a while

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

PGC v1.04 Seed #14 (15?): This Is A (Different) Seed
[Fairy Ocarina, Master Sword, Master Sword, Boss Key, Hover Boots]
Patch Site/Spoiler Log
OR
Settings: AJEPGBAESZQAAJAAATCAYD2D4DJELEYEAFAAASF3AFAASVEWAA
Seed: ThisIsADifferentSeed

I think this is right

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

I’m playing through the seed casually, and it’s pretty great having 8 double hearts before finding any usable items.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Blorange posted:

I’m playing through the seed casually, and it’s pretty great having 8 double hearts before finding any usable items.

DNF main seed, for reason quoted above. What is this nonsense?! (spoiler in image link) https://i.imgur.com/MiMW4Yw.jpg I found my first item at 47 minutes in. WHY.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

4:10:05.

Yeah that seed sucked lol. Forgot fire was a stone and full cleared it, I guess I got lucky that a strength was in there but still a waste of time. Ended up getting the ocarina of time and trying the epona checks looking for something lol. last locationed dins because I didn't think about the treasure game... Definitely will for sure remember from now on :razzy: .

Only place I didn't clear was GTG.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Got 3:55:45. Slow as hell start on this but after that it was kind of good. I had no loving idea you could in logic grab all silver rupees in the first silver rupee room in Shadow Temple but apparently you can. I thought for sure I'd found the supposed longshot before some hookshot check by breaking logic while I was apparently still completely in logic.

I went in to this with no ambition for a good time so I cheated too. Checked spoiler log to see if I was within or without logic, see spoiler tagged bit above for details, and did a few banned glitches because they're fun and I wanted to have fun, even at the cost of being DQ'd (as I should be).

Used ISG against Bongo Bongo because it's hilarious and against Ganon because I'd already cheated at that point so why not. I also tried for a minute or two to get it against Ganondorf with a bomb before realizing that ISG ruins that fight, you can't jump to the middle platform and actually hit the boss!

Did a superslide into Ganon too because it's rad that if you do that you get to keep the master sword for the first part of the fight. I probably spent more time trying to get the superslide to work than I saved with all of the above combined but sometimes it's fun to just do cool tricks even if it takes 18 tries!

I still think my time is fair estimate of how my run would have been without the bonus glitching but I also want to be extremely clear when I break the rules.

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 12, 2020

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

^ lmao I actually started last night, and paused after checking adult fishing. wanted to mess around with swordless link so I did the 1.0 steal the rod with the hover boots. ended up crashing the game, but I had legitimate moment of fear when i started the file again and realized I'd saved when I paused, so I had a stick instead of master sword on my B. Thought I'd have to DNF before checking and finding the master sword still on the pause screen, fixing everything lol. Glitches in this game are too fun.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

heeheex2 posted:

^ lmao I actually started last night, and paused after checking adult fishing. wanted to mess around with swordless link so I did the 1.0 steal the rod with the hover boots. ended up crashing the game, but I had legitimate moment of fear when i started the file again and realized I'd saved when I paused, so I had a stick instead of master sword on my B. Thought I'd have to DNF before checking and finding the master sword still on the pause screen, fixing everything lol. Glitches in this game are too fun.

Right? At a certain point it's nice to just ditch the guidelines and try some of the crazy poo poo you've seen ZFG do. We should do an all settings no logic seed at some point and just post about what glitch is helpful to reach what random weird check that happens to have an important item.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

PGC Bonus Game #30: Hell Seed Lite
[Gold Scale, Ocarina, Ocarina, Cucco, Milk]
Patch Site/Spoiler Log
OR
Settings: AJEXGKNESZQAA29J33DBYD2D4DYEAFAAASFHJBA2AQUSUS (With Dev generator)
Seed: ZXS8HWCG0G

Submission deadline is whenever, unless the site dies before then.

No one else tried this? I thought the idea was neat and I was having a lot of fun until I hit the bottleneck that forced me into DNF territory. There
s Deku Scrubs on Death Mountain Crater? And one of them can only be found as a child? Good grief!

I seem to be learning this game exactly one check or logical error at a time. The previous one I'd never actually seen a seed with a final Frog check before, so it took me way too long to realize that was what I was supposed to do even though there was a hint pointing straight at hit. Yet I keep coming back...and have now almost caught up! I'd be happy except the thread's looking kind of dead and any time I try to make my own seeds I get error messages.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Some Guy TT posted:

No one else tried this? I thought the idea was neat and I was having a lot of fun until I hit the bottleneck that forced me into DNF territory. There
s Deku Scrubs on Death Mountain Crater? And one of them can only be found as a child? Good grief!

I seem to be learning this game exactly one check or logical error at a time. The previous one I'd never actually seen a seed with a final Frog check before, so it took me way too long to realize that was what I was supposed to do even though there was a hint pointing straight at hit. Yet I keep coming back...and have now almost caught up! I'd be happy except the thread's looking kind of dead and any time I try to make my own seeds I get error messages.

Thread's not dead it's just hibernating for a while! I hope :ohdear:

I know I've been busy as hell with the FF5 Four Job Fiesta lately and vacation times are starting. I at least will probably do more OOTR when that's over at the end of August

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

My ZOoTR time over the last couple of weeks has been taken up by the tournament that's been running on ScrubsCentral on Twitch, which has been a lot of fun.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Man with Hat posted:

Thread's not dead it's just hibernating for a while! I hope :ohdear:

I haven't been playing for a while but I'm still reading the thread. Don't die, thread!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Same, I intend to come back at some point. I've just been feeling a bit burnt out by randomizer lately.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I haven't been playing for a while but I'm still reading the thread. Don't die, thread!

gently caress it, time to get back into the groove. I am going to suck due to not having played in a while. Gonna play the latest standard seed for a couple hours; probably won't finish today but if you wanna come critique my lovely routing, come to twitch.tv/dontmockmysmock

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Yea I still play at least one randomizer a week but I don't wanna spam the thread lol. Also been busy practicing SM64 speedrunning.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I still want to do the latest main seed I just haven't gotten around to it

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

DontMockMySmock posted:

gently caress it, time to get back into the groove. I am going to suck due to not having played in a while. Gonna play the latest standard seed for a couple hours; probably won't finish today but if you wanna come critique my lovely routing, come to twitch.tv/dontmockmysmock

almost threw in the towel 'cause i forgot like three checks in a woth location. i'm bad. I'm three hours in and barely on a sub-5 pace. I'll probably finish it up sometime tomorrow.

edit: oh also I have fifteen (!) heart containers (and double D), but no friggin hookshot! I rarely FINISH seeds with that much health!

DontMockMySmock fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 18, 2020

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I gave up on the latest seed at 4:05 because I got to what I thought was a logical impossibility that I didn't understand. The first hookshot was in Shadow Temple at the first silver rupee room, but you need a hookshot to get one of the silver rupees (or so I thought). I used a ground jump, and when I got the hookshot, thought I was suddenly WAY out of logic. Fast foward through Shadow, Spirit, and Forest temples, and I was about to head into the Water Temple, hoping that the longshot was in there, but realized "oh wait, if the previous hookshot was hookshot-locked, then there can't be another hookshot in the water temple, which would also be hookshot locked." Did every other check I had available and couldn't figure out where to go for the longshot. Turns out it was in Water Temple after all. After I threw in the towel and looked at the spoiler, I then went to that room in Shadow Temple, and it turns out there's a semi-tricky jump you can do from another bit of geometry to get it without any items. I never realized, because there's an obvious hookshot target to use, and how fuckin' often do you ever do Shadow Temple hookshotless?

Had I not made that one little mistake, it was on pace for like 4:40-50 or something. Which was better than I had been expecting after all the mistakes I made earlier.

edit: just read the spoilers ITT and I'm glad I wasn't the only one hoodwinked by this.

DontMockMySmock fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 19, 2020

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

DontMockMySmock posted:

I gave up on the latest seed at 4:05 because I got to what I thought was a logical impossibility that I didn't understand. The first hookshot was in Shadow Temple at the first silver rupee room, but you need a hookshot to get one of the silver rupees (or so I thought). I used a ground jump, and when I got the hookshot, thought I was suddenly WAY out of logic. Fast foward through Shadow, Spirit, and Forest temples, and I was about to head into the Water Temple, hoping that the longshot was in there, but realized "oh wait, if the previous hookshot was hookshot-locked, then there can't be another hookshot in the water temple, which would also be hookshot locked." Did every other check I had available and couldn't figure out where to go for the longshot. Turns out it was in Water Temple after all. After I threw in the towel and looked at the spoiler, I then went to that room in Shadow Temple, and it turns out there's a semi-tricky jump you can do from another bit of geometry to get it without any items. I never realized, because there's an obvious hookshot target to use, and how fuckin' often do you ever do Shadow Temple hookshotless?

Had I not made that one little mistake, it was on pace for like 4:40-50 or something. Which was better than I had been expecting after all the mistakes I made earlier.

The chest directly in the silver rupee room isn't locked by the rupees at all. You just need to kill the redeads.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Blorange posted:

The chest directly in the silver rupee room isn't locked by the rupees at all. You just need to kill the redeads.

I think they mean the room with the spinning saw, leading to the shortcut to the boat.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

heeheex2 posted:

I think they mean the room with the spinning saw, leading to the shortcut to the boat.

Yeah, that one.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Just finished that seed myself and yeah, it was logically utterly bonkers. I'm going to charitably guess I finished at a bit under five hours because my emulator crashed and I lost one and a half dungeon's worth of progress and took a lunch break in the middle of that.

More than the shenanigans involved in the Shadow Temple's internal logic, what really threw me off was realizing that there's a check which practically requires Prelude of Light or Sun Song, even though it doesn't literally require them. I'm referring to the chest game of course, which I realized was about the only that had come into play after the extremely weird sequence of Silver Gauntlets leading to Magic, but I must have nearly last locationed it just because by sheer dumb luck I was never passing by Hyrule Castle at nighttime).

It's still extremely funny that for all the Hookshot spots in Shadow Temple you don't even really need practically any of them. Spirit Temple is more hardcore about Hookshot requirements, with a fixed progress point, one chest definitely needing it, and several others having much more difficult or nonintuitive skips without it. Not to mention the sliding panel room. Completely doable without Hookshot but a huge pain in the neck and goodness gracious is it ever gratifying to just Longshot past the whole thing.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

DontMockMySmock posted:

edit: just read the spoilers ITT and I'm glad I wasn't the only one hoodwinked by this.

You can do that room by hovering over from one of the raised beams, I don't think it's all that precise either. Might be easier than doing the jump if you find yourself in that position again. Although as you say, going into Shadow without hookshot doesn't come up all that often.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Currently mulling over whether I should post new seeds here myself or just go for my crazy dream of a randomized randomizer club thread. I'd be happy to so much as equal this thread's participation but I seem to be the only person who prefers playing multiple randomizers poorly as opposed to a single randomizer well.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ach, what a deafening silence that was. Well, I got a hankering to play rando recently, so I figured I'd share.

New OoT Rando Series? #1
https://ootrandomizer.com/seed/get?id=541268
[Kokiri Tunic, Deku Stick, Megaton Hammer, Fairy Ocarina, Milk]

The interface looks different than before. There's now an option for saving custom settings, which would make posting seeds much easier to keep track of. It also gives me an idea for how to improve engagement for trying to start this up again. Going forward, no winners. Anyone who participates and puts in a time, however terrible that time may be, or even if they give up, is now allowed to change exactly one setting for the next seed. This setting can be anything. It can be a main rule, it can be excluding an item from logic, it can be enabling a weird trick within the logic, adding or removing something to the starting inventory, anything at all.

To give some examples of how this would work, here are the changes I made to this seed compared to the regular goon rules-

*I took the Skull Mask check out of the pool because I hate that check it always just turns into a bunch of tedious fetch quests.
*I added Horseback Riding 1500 into the pool because I think that minigame's really fun and did it before even though I knew the reward was useless.
*40 Skulltulla and 50 Skulltulla checks are back, and I also turned the Sun Song required setting on. My reasoning being, without the Sun Song, you're probably always going to be at least even with the Skulltullas in logic. And if you do have the Sun Song, that's a warning to take Skulltullas seriously. These are considered three separate settings for the sake of changes.
*I removed free consumables and also the free rupees, to add challenge. These count as two different settings. Any individual item or song can also be added as your setting.
*Hints are now very strong as opposed to tournament.
*Normal ice traps, not no ice traps.
*Anju needs one cucco. This is to prevent her from turning into an easily abused fountain of infinite rupees.
*And uh, this one was accidental. I thought I set these but I didn't. Child Stealth, the Epona Race, and the Castle Escape are all required. I won't keep these for future seeds unless someone uses their pick for one. Three picks would be required to put them all back in. None of them take that long and I haven't done them forever so it was more pleasant than I was expecting.

Do you hate the changes? Well good for you! Give it a couple of weeks and they'll all be gone! The great fun of rando is that it's a different game every time, and I think minor rule changes could help keep a weekly goon seed fresh. I'll post a new seed after a week, if I have at least five proposed changes, or whenever I feel like it, if I have less than that.

Now of course I tested my own seed before springing it on all of you and I got uh, 4:32. No, don't run away! I am, as I have mentioned in the past, very bad at this game and out of practice. Also I made some unlucky choices. I didn't get Megaton Hammer in the Kokiri Sword slot, forcing me to get the Hookshot via Silver Gauntlets much later than I expect other players would even though Megaton Hammer wasn't actually required at all. I also attempted to do the Water Temple without the Iron Boots, since even though the hint said I needed to go to the Bottom of the Well, I wasn't sure if the logic actually takes Gold Scale access into account. These were very much my faults, though, not the seed's. The hints were great. I was able to piece together that once I had the Hover Boots I could finish Shadow Temple, get Song of Storms, and my Go Mode item would be in the Bottom of the Hell. Except I was expecting that to be Longshot, which instead got dropped of Bongo Bongo and well...the point is I had fun!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Enough of the changes there look unappealing enough that I'll sit that one out, though I have been getting back into rando a bit

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Some Guy TT posted:

Ach, what a deafening silence that was. Well, I got a hankering to play rando recently, so I figured I'd share.

New OoT Rando Series? #1
https://ootrandomizer.com/seed/get?id=541268
[Kokiri Tunic, Deku Stick, Megaton Hammer, Fairy Ocarina, Milk]

The interface looks different than before. There's now an option for saving custom settings, which would make posting seeds much easier to keep track of. It also gives me an idea for how to improve engagement for trying to start this up again. Going forward, no winners. Anyone who participates and puts in a time, however terrible that time may be, or even if they give up, is now allowed to change exactly one setting for the next seed. This setting can be anything. It can be a main rule, it can be excluding an item from logic, it can be enabling a weird trick within the logic, adding or removing something to the starting inventory, anything at all.

To give some examples of how this would work, here are the changes I made to this seed compared to the regular goon rules-

*I took the Skull Mask check out of the pool because I hate that check it always just turns into a bunch of tedious fetch quests.
*I added Horseback Riding 1500 into the pool because I think that minigame's really fun and did it before even though I knew the reward was useless.
*40 Skulltulla and 50 Skulltulla checks are back, and I also turned the Sun Song required setting on. My reasoning being, without the Sun Song, you're probably always going to be at least even with the Skulltullas in logic. And if you do have the Sun Song, that's a warning to take Skulltullas seriously. These are considered three separate settings for the sake of changes.
*I removed free consumables and also the free rupees, to add challenge. These count as two different settings. Any individual item or song can also be added as your setting.
*Hints are now very strong as opposed to tournament.
*Normal ice traps, not no ice traps.
*Anju needs one cucco. This is to prevent her from turning into an easily abused fountain of infinite rupees.
*And uh, this one was accidental. I thought I set these but I didn't. Child Stealth, the Epona Race, and the Castle Escape are all required. I won't keep these for future seeds unless someone uses their pick for one. Three picks would be required to put them all back in. None of them take that long and I haven't done them forever so it was more pleasant than I was expecting.

Do you hate the changes? Well good for you! Give it a couple of weeks and they'll all be gone! The great fun of rando is that it's a different game every time, and I think minor rule changes could help keep a weekly goon seed fresh. I'll post a new seed after a week, if I have at least five proposed changes, or whenever I feel like it, if I have less than that.

Now of course I tested my own seed before springing it on all of you and I got uh, 4:32. No, don't run away! I am, as I have mentioned in the past, very bad at this game and out of practice. Also I made some unlucky choices. I didn't get Megaton Hammer in the Kokiri Sword slot, forcing me to get the Hookshot via Silver Gauntlets much later than I expect other players would even though Megaton Hammer wasn't actually required at all. I also attempted to do the Water Temple without the Iron Boots, since even though the hint said I needed to go to the Bottom of the Well, I wasn't sure if the logic actually takes Gold Scale access into account. These were very much my faults, though, not the seed's. The hints were great. I was able to piece together that once I had the Hover Boots I could finish Shadow Temple, get Song of Storms, and my Go Mode item would be in the Bottom of the Hell. Except I was expecting that to be Longshot, which instead got dropped of Bongo Bongo and well...the point is I had fun!

I love this idea. Finished super slow at 4:55:28 because I didn't rush at all and watched videos while playing and looked for the dumb goddamned letter for ever before realizing Jabu wasn't required

I would like to add megaflips to the allowed list for the next seed but not actually activate it in logic, since that will lock a million people out from even beating the seed. I want it to be an option and not a requirement basically. Mostly because I personally really like doing megaflips. They're not very difficult either so I think a lot of people can learn how to do it semi reliably in 20 minutes or so.

Are changes in this format accumulative or do we change from the base settings above every time?

@Cheetah none of the changes really mattered in this seed so imo you should play it and remove one of the changes you disliked as your change for the next one

I don't get why castle escape is usually turned off, it was kind of fun.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nah I'm good with never doing child stealth, castle escape, or epona race ever again

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The other things I'm not a fan of are sun's song and normal ice traps. Ice traps are fine but should be set to displaying as trash items when on the overworld (which is a new option in 5.2). There's nothing more miserable than getting baited by a trap on the arch in desert colossus. Sun's song I don't like because all it does is make hints weaker. The song can still be buried very far in the seed because 40 and 50 need a ton of items in general and you'll get hints pointing you to ice cavern for a song that doesn't do anything but make your life more convenient and isn't needed at all

Skull mask I'm ambivalent on. 1500 I can do but it potentially locks out anyone who is new to OoT. No starting items is fine and makes the early game a bit more interesting, I was always in favor of it but not by enough to rock the boat

Strong hints is probably too much as well, even tournament hints are honestly a bit too strong for my taste. In an average seed something like 80% of your required items are in opener locations, medallion dungeons, or WotH locations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

cheetah7071 posted:

Nah I'm good with never doing child stealth, castle escape, or epona race ever again

I think they changed Epona race actually. I hate it too, so goddamned much, but when I did it today there were no things to jump over and that's usually where it goes wrong so now it was still boring and trash but not boring and unfair unpredictable random lovely trash (the jumping felt like it sometimes just didn't work for me).

Child stealth is such a short thing it didn't bother me but I agree that it's useless.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

child stealth feels like the ocarina game to me sorta, where having it be the full thing doesn't add anything to the run except length.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Personally I cant wait for the quality of life update that deletes forest temple except for a single hookshot, Goron bracelet, and bow check

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 6, 2020

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

cheetah7071 posted:

Personally I cant wait for the quality of life update that deletes forest temple except for a single hookshot, Gordon bracelet, and bow check

It's not that hard to skip all of forest temple as is actually. It's just a backflip with hookshot

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Man with Hat posted:

I would like to add megaflips to the allowed list for the next seed but not actually activate it in logic, since that will lock a million people out from even beating the seed. I want it to be an option and not a requirement basically. Mostly because I personally really like doing megaflips. They're not very difficult either so I think a lot of people can learn how to do it semi reliably in 20 minutes or so.

Megaflip as much as you like. No winners mean there's no way to cheat, since your time only matters to yourself. I'm not sure it's actually possible to make the logic require megaflips. I just checked through all of the detailed logic settings and none of the tricks mentioned said anything about megaflipping, there were just a few references to regular flipping.

quote:

Are changes in this format accumulative or do we change from the base settings above every time?

Yes, they're cumulative. I wasn't trying to unilaterally change all the rules, just demonstrate the kinds of small changes that can be made if you'd rather not make a big change. My thinking when I came up with those is that even all ten put together wouldn't be as big a change as, say, changing the goal from Defeat Ganon to Triforce Hunt. And I was right, albeit partly by chance. The hint setting made the biggest difference, ironically enough, by making it clear fairly early on that most of the other changes didn't do anything. Bomb Bag at Biggoron was huge, though. Really opened up the seed. Of course since I didn't get Hammer I was laboring under the impression for far too long that I was out of logic, leading me to humorously conclude that the logically required Bomb Bag was in the clutch position at the top of Spirit Temple. If there's a more ridiculous place to put the first Bomb Bag, I can't think of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The tricks section only includes glitchless tricks. If you want to use glitches, you switch from normal logic to glitched logic. Flame storage and ground jumps are allowed in normal tournament rules because there's a grand total of one out-of-logic check they enable. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to limit the number of glitches you allow yourself to logically use. I think it uses GSR speedrun rules--that is, all the movement glitches like megaflips, HESS, etc, but none of the item manipulation or wrongwarping or whatnot.