Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I did my first qualifier in the S4 tournament and got 48th out of just over a hundred people. It looks like a bit over 200 people have completed at least one qual so if I keep that up (big if) I can squeak in the bottom of top 100 for the runners up tourney

Good job, those finishes were coming in super close together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I feel kinda bad because for the first ~5 minutes I was running at 16 fps but it took me that long to realize that the framerate drop was due to running OBS' stream preview. Even gaining 30-45 second would have bumped me up a place or two. Though the scoring is based on raw time, not placement.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So I've never played a randomizer but watched a lot of runs and it seems like a good time. OoT was one of my favorite games growing up, but I've not really touched it in a decade and I really don't know any tricks.

Should I brush up on the base game first? Or are there newer player friendly settings to use? I'm no stranger to getting destroyed by rng but I'd hate to get completely stuck because it's been so long or I need some sort of glitch that I don't know how to do

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Elvis_Maximus posted:

So I've never played a randomizer but watched a lot of runs and it seems like a good time. OoT was one of my favorite games growing up, but I've not really touched it in a decade and I really don't know any tricks.

Should I brush up on the base game first? Or are there newer player friendly settings to use? I'm no stranger to getting destroyed by rng but I'd hate to get completely stuck because it's been so long or I need some sort of glitch that I don't know how to do

If you played it a ton as a kid you're probably fine to just jump in. The logic doesn't assume any glitches, though it does assume some I put together options that should be good for first time players. Better than the default "beginner" options which I think have a lot of issues--it prioritizes similarity to vanilla over a good rando experience imo. The settings string is AJTWXCBSKJA8EHSDEAAAACBBLTDDAKJ8S8AAAAN3BAJAAWBLLAA

Some of the important differences from vanilla are:

-Door of Time is open. You can switch between child and adult whenever you want
-Entering Ganon's Castle requires all six medallions (unlike vanilla which only requires spirit and shadow). The trials start completed and the lock on ganon's boss door is removed, so once you have the medallions you can just go beat the game. The only reason to explore Ganon's Castle is if light arrows are in it
-You will not have to do three checks: 40 gold skulltulas, 50 gold skulltulas, and mask of truth in deku scrub theater. Those ones are just kind of mean.

The OP has a lot of links to useful pages, and this thread can also help. Make sure to click "generate seed" not "generate race seed", or you won't have a spoiler log to fall back on if you get stuck.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
and definitely use a tracker!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
It sounds like you're pretty familiar with the game already, so I agree, just jump into rando and use a tracker. I like this one.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Nice, thanks for the link to a seed and a tracker! Gonna take a stab at it this weekend/later this week and I'll report back. Unless that's kinda making GBS threads up the thread in which case I won't!

Pretty excited tbh, I've been watching these things for awhile so it's cool to finally give it a try, if a bit intimidating!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Nice, thanks for the link to a seed and a tracker! Gonna take a stab at it this weekend/later this week and I'll report back. Unless that's kinda making GBS threads up the thread in which case I won't!

Pretty excited tbh, I've been watching these things for awhile so it's cool to finally give it a try, if a bit intimidating!

hell yeah :justpost:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Oook, so here's where I'm at so far on the seed!

Child Link Start:

Kokiri Forest 1
Mido's house
-Lens of truth
-Magic
-Huge Rupee (RIP)
-Hammer
Kokiri Sword Chest
-Blue rupee

Kokiri Forest Eye Stone: Plundering the shadow temple is a foolish choice

Skull kid game - poh
At some point I got bombchus, but I forget which chest! Marked it on my tracker though

Deku Scrub Salesman in ocarina area: Bombchus
Eye stone: Final prize of thieves area = piece of heart
To goron city!
Goron City:
Eye stone near forge man: Forest temple = hoverboots
Kinda useless, I didn't want to use any more bombchus to get random things, so I decided to just open the entrance to dodongo and leave

South Hyrule Grotto:
Gerudo's Fortress has Deku Nuts (5 Pieces!?!?)
Deku nuts rip

Lon Lon Ranch
Tower: Full heart piece, guess there's a dungeon with an item for the boss

Castle Town:
Man the shooting game is harder than I remember.. also after reseting I now remember that you get warped to the child house if you save and quit then reload. In the future I should probably just do save states since I'm not racing!

Didn't make it back before the bridge unfortunately

Kakariko:
Slingshot in the cow cage.. a few chicken stunts later and I got the slingshot
Potion Hut Hole? Big Poes lead to Big goron sword also a deku stick hooray
Chicken puzzle was... blue rupee

Castle Grounds:
Piece of heart in kakariko village
Din's Fire can be found in the graveyard

Castle town 2:
Shooting game? Piece of heart :(
Dog Minigame? Gold rupee :(

Temple of Time
Blue rupee in sacred forest meadow
Shiek waits at a monument to time to teach Saria's song
Wallet can be found in Kakariko village (Song of Storms?)
Spinning Goron Pottery: Purple Rupee

At this point I was out of ideas and still hadn't found the sword. So...
To Adult!
Sure enough Saria's Song

Hyrule Field Adult:
Hole near Castle Town with hammer: Recovery heart, hint: Kokiri Forest is on the way of the hero..?
SE Hyrule Hole: Piece of Heart, Plundering Gerudo Valley is a foolish choice

Kakariko Village:
Anju Adult: Milk Bottle
Song Of Storms Dude: Bolero of Fire

Lost Woods Adult:
Rock near the goron city entrance: Red rupee, hint: They say that Okami is the best Zelda game... HEY!
Double shrub vendor thing: red rupee and arrows

Forest Temple Maze:
Hints: Spirit Temple holds 5 bombs, Ocarina of time teaches the requiem of spirit
Forest Temple Entrance: Song of Storms

At this point I'd been playing for 2 hours, because I'm very slow and don't know how to route efficiently yet. Putting together the hints I've got I think I learned the following:

Shadow temple isn't worth visiting, and neither is Gerudo valley. Kokiri forest has something important in it, but I'm not sure what yet as I don't know what "on the way of the hero means." I'm p sure my next targets should be Dampe's game and the hole that I gotta kill the redead in as well as finishing up anything in kakariko since I don't believe I can get into any temples yet, barring the fire temple. Don't have the goron cloak yet though so I'm not sure I can beat the boss there!
Looking forward to going back in when I've got time! Keeping the timer around so I can get a semi-accurate final time

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you check the pedestal in the temple of time, it'll tell you which dungeons have medallions. Useful for knowing which are optional and which are mandatory

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"Way of the hero" means that there's an item in that location which is 100% required to complete the seed. In this case, probably the hammer

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

"Way of the hero" means that there's an item in that location which is 100% required to complete the seed. In this case, probably the hammer

I actually already have the hammer, so it must be something else! But good to know, I was planning on checking it anyway because I started with the forest medallion so there must be something else there, but not sure what it could be

Edit oh I see what you're saying, that's probably not relevant anymore because it was referring to the item I already picked up. Makes sense!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The regions indicated by hints are actually pretty narrow. "Kokiri Forest" just means a single scene, with 6 checks--four in Mido's House, one in the sword chest, and one in a grotto. Deku Tree, Lost Woods, Sacred Forest Meadow, and Forest Temple are all separate zones.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

The regions indicated by hints are actually pretty narrow. "Kokiri Forest" just means a single scene, with 6 checks--four in Mido's House, one in the sword chest, and one in a grotto. Deku Tree, Lost Woods, Sacred Forest Meadow, and Forest Temple are all separate zones.

Ahh ok, that's sort of what I figured but I wasn't entirely sure.

Definitely gotta be the hammer then since Bombchus weren't in logic. Considering that + the fire dungeon seems to be important in this seed I was thinking about heading there. Without the goron tunic it might be kind of tricky since I'm still getting my zelda legs back however. I believe the only part of the fire temple that requires the tunic is the actual boss arena right?

Then again, I'm pretty sure I need the bow for a few rooms there, so I might not actually be able to clear much of it.

Edit: I'm open to a recommendation of where to hit next if there's any recommended spots that I didn't list above! I think I've got a plan, but I don't think it's very efficient and probably leaving a lot of locations open.

Is my current status, just to make it clearer! It's been really fun so far, it's kinda like a fun brain teaser and I"m looking forward to completing it (and then trying again with what I've learned)

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 12, 2021

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The game won't expect you to do the boss or anything after the elevator room in Fire Temple without the tunic, but you can still go to check it out. There's a chance you need the bow but it depends on where the keys are located, as if you find enough you can get into the bow-locked area over the fence from the next room.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
How many Skulltula tokens do you have? It's not unheard of for the 10 or 20 skulltula items to be progress.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Aston posted:

The game won't expect you to do the boss or anything after the elevator room in Fire Temple without the tunic, but you can still go to check it out. There's a chance you need the bow but it depends on where the keys are located, as if you find enough you can get into the bow-locked area over the fence from the next room.

Ok good to know, I might as well go give it a poke and see what I can find then. I got the song and 4 hearts no shield no problem imo

Honestly part of the fun of randomizer to me so far has been just doing things in a different order as it comes up. I know you can do that in the base game but it's fun to be required to do it, you know?

PMush Perfect posted:

How many Skulltula tokens do you have? It's not unheard of for the 10 or 20 skulltula items to be progress.

Oh man, I hadn't been collecting them since I had enough to think about already and thought that the logic settings wasn't going to put progression items behind the tokens. But just now I'm realizing that the logic settings specified that it wouldn't be putting any major items behind the 40 or 50 token rewards... but that doesn't mean it couldn't be behind the others! Looks like I got some sweeping to do. Luckily I have the sun song now so it's way easier to get them to pop out.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

With Lens, magic, and Song of Storms, Bottom of the Well is a pretty likely place to look for progression, though you can't finish it without Zelda's Lullaby. You can get 5, maybe 7 in-logic checks (the maybe is depending on where the small keys are - don't spend keys on the two rooms near the center, they only have boomerang-locked skulltulas), and if you've got some chus you can get 3 more out-of-logic. IIRC anyway. And those checks are all pretty quick. At the very least, that probably ought to be the first place you go the next time you go child.

While you're there, my hot hot OOTR pro tip is that the like-like can spit you into the nearby skulltula's token, which otherwise would require boomerang.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You should go for songs next, imo. You have, easily available:

-song from Impa at Hyrule Castle (child)
-song from Malon at Lon Lon (child)
-song from Saria at Sacred Forest Meadow (child)
-song from windmill guy at Kakariko (adult)
-song from Shiek at Sacred Forest Meadow (adult)
-song from Shiek at Death Mountain Crater (adult)
-song from Shiek at Temple of Time (adult)

That's seven available, but you only have four songs. I bet one of the missing songs is Zelda's Lullaby which will open up a lot of stuff

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'd actually done Impa, Windmill, Shiek at Sacred Forest and Shiek at Temple of time when I'd posted that.

I got some more time, so excuse the wall of text again!

Taking the advice from the thread, I had an extremely productive night of randomizer:

Starting as an adult

Fire Temple:
Chest with the Goron Behind the Switch: Boss key, still ain't fighting him tunicless though!
Flare dancer near boss key: recovery heart womp womp
Boss Key Chest: Small key

Kakariko Graveyard Adult:
Heart Piece Fairy Fountain Chest: Din's Fire
Redead Chest: Blue rupee
Dampe Race 1: Piece Of Heart :(
At this point I tried to leave and realized, uh oh, I don't have the song of time and therefore can't actually leave. Save and restart back to Temple of Time

Decided to head to goron city before I go child again, so back through kakariko. I made a quick stop in dodongo's cavern to clear out what I can get to first however

Dodongo's Cavern Adult:
Dungeon Map Room: KOKIRI SWORD! Finally!
Deku Shrub Vendor: Deku Shield, get outta here
Eye Stone in Cavern: "Ganon's Castle hoards a blue potion bottle"
Hidden Shrub Vendor: Deku Sticks, 1 for 15 rupees
Compass Chest: Recovery Heart rip
stairs lowered
Bomb Flower Platform: Blue Rupee
Turns out you can't jump around the fire to get to the bomb bag, so I guess I'm stuck here, on to goron city!

Goron City Adult:
East Boulder Maze Chest: Blue Rupee, sure are a lot of these
Eye stone in boulder maze: They say that quest guidance can be found at a talking rock.. not sure if this is sarcastic though?
West Boulder Maze Chest: Heart Container
Center Boulder Maze Chest: Red Rupee

Back to the temple of time to turn into a child

Medallion List:
Light Medallion in Spirit Temple, I thought that was a "fools errand" from the rocks though..
Fire Medallion in Dodongo's Cavern, hit that as a child
Water Medallion in Forest Temple
Shadow Medallion in... shadow temple, boring
Spirit Medallion in Jabu Jabu
Already have forest medallion, so these are the dungeons I need
which I guess means I need mirror shield, bomb bag, hookshot & bow, lens of truth & hover boots and a boomerang to complete the game

Back to child!

Lon lon Ranch:
Malon: Zelda's Lullaby, nice!
Chicken Game: Blue rupee jesus

Bottom of the Well:
Front Left hidden: Small Key
Big Chest: Bomb bag, everything's coming up Milhouse
Oh poo poo forgot that there's a hole there
Basement chest: Blue rupee arrghhhh
Back Left Bombable: Goron's bracelet
Center Small Chest: Small key
Front Center: Blue Rupee
Shield Eater Chest, uh, whichever that is: Small Key I believe?
Underwater Left Chest: Bombchus
Coffin Key: Not sure which this is, but the coffins had a recovery heart and a red rupee in it, so I'm pretty sure that's about it
Underwater Center Chest: Iron boots, man there's been a lot of stuff down here
Boss Defeat Chest: Small key
Invisible chest: Hookshot, nice!
I have no idea where the "Locked pit chest" is but I don't see any more on the map so I'm pretty sure I got it?

Goron City Child:
Get Darunia groovin for items: Huge rupee, rip my child wallet
Rolling boy goron: Silver scale
Spinning Pot: Purple Rupee, at least I think I got it? I actually wasn't paying attention to the face

Lost Woods Child:
Sacred Meadow: Song of time, that'll actually be really helpful

Time: 4.5 hours and change, forgot to start my timer again after I ate some dinner

My current status is:

I think I'm really making progress! Of the essential items I need I've got almost half of them already. Remaining to be collected are: hover boots, mirror shield, bow and boomerang

Picking it up next time I'll knock out Deku tree real quick, then head back to Dodongo's cavern to polish that off and collect the medallion!

I hit the remaining songs on the list as mentioned in the giant wall of text, weirdly I've still only got the one warping song. Unfortunately it's not an essential dungeon, but if I can just find myself the larger wallet, which seems like it's in kakariko, I should be able to polish off the fire temple as well.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Turns out you can't jump around the fire to get to the bomb bag, so I guess I'm stuck here, on to goron city!

You can actually keep going with a moderately tricky jump. The seed won't expect you to do this though, it's just a bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqChoLWBYfs

The seed might expect you to do this with hover boots, which makes it a lot easier.

quote:

Light Medallion in Spirit Temple, I thought that was a "fools errand" from the rocks though..

That just means none of the chests are any good. The dungeon reward might still be a medallion.

quote:

I have no idea where the "Locked pit chest" is but I don't see any more on the map so I'm pretty sure I got it?

I think that's the room with the fire keese before the likelike.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

You can actually keep going with a moderately tricky jump. The seed won't expect you to do this though, it's just a bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqChoLWBYfs

The seed might expect you to do this with hover boots, which makes it a lot easier.

This jump isn't too hard IMO, definitely worth trying a few times if you're there and don't have another way up. If you have bombs and an adult shield, there's also a pretty easy glitch you can use called a "ground jump" (there's plenty of video guides you can google) that can get you up, also. And if you come back with hovers, it's piss-easy to walk off the corner and grab the ledge instead of jumping.

Now that you have bombs, songs, etc., the next thing to do after Deku Tree is probably clean up a bunch of stuff in the overworld, maybe finish Dodongo's, maybe partial Gerudo Training Ground - just check your tracker for ideas. You're looking for a bow (to do Forest and other stuff), either hovers or longshot (to get to Spirit for the song and a couple other checks), or Ruto's Letter (to do Zora's Fountain and Ice Cavern including a song, also Jabu if you got the 'rang), mostly. Getting Nocturne plus hovers gets you all the way through Shadow, is hard-required in this seed. If you get the Silver Gauntlets and a bow, you can full-clear Gerudo Training Ground. If you get the Silver Gauntlets, Mirror Shield, and access to Spirit, you might be able to clear all except the child-only checks, depending on the small key distribution.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Just finished up this seed. Things started off great, but I then got thrown for a big loop.

-standard settings (no -sanities, open forest/Door of Time)
-trials off
-one Big Poe needed for item
-a few tunic color changes

https://ootrandomizer.com/seed/get?id=680082

Took me 7.5 hours overall - which is the fastest I've ever done a seed but still a far cry from the sub 4 hours I want eventually.

Both Jabu-Jabu and Shadow Temple are required. In order to get the boomerang and Lens of Truth, though, you will need to go to the (medallionless) Spirit Temple as both Child and Adult, which gets you the weird egg. You can then get Epona's Song at the Zelda's Lullaby location. Then, you can get the Lens of Truth from Talon's chicken game and the Boomerang from capturing one Big Poe.

The bow is also in the (medallionless) Spirit Temple

I also completely forgot that there are some very conveniently located bomb flowers for stopping Link the Rolling Goron, so I spent way too long without the bomb bag.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If your goal is consistent sub-4 hours, shuffling weird egg (and, if I'm reading these settings right, keeping in all the things like guard stealth) will be going against you. That said, you'll naturally gain a few hours from your first few seeds just by getting used to moving in OoT, and learning the dungeon layouts, before you even spend all that much time optimizing. I believe in you!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There will be a few dungeons where you sort of have no choice but to sit down and practice them if you want to do well in them though; Shadow Temple probably tops the list because lensless can save you an hour if lens is in a bad spot if you just memorize where all the hidden things are.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

cheetah7071 posted:

If your goal is consistent sub-4 hours, shuffling weird egg (and, if I'm reading these settings right, keeping in all the things like guard stealth) will be going against you. That said, you'll naturally gain a few hours from your first few seeds just by getting used to moving in OoT, and learning the dungeon layouts, before you even spend all that much time optimizing. I believe in you!

It was the weird egg in particular that made this seed take so long, plus a couple (ultimately foolish) dips into Dodongo's Cavern and Ice Cavern when I ran out of ideas.

cheetah7071 posted:

There will be a few dungeons where you sort of have no choice but to sit down and practice them if you want to do well in them though; Shadow Temple probably tops the list because lensless can save you an hour if lens is in a bad spot if you just memorize where all the hidden things are.

Huh, I thought my 20-minute Shadow Temple was decent but looking at Dotzo's Video I can save about six minutes. I do have the vanilla seed for practice, but never really sat down and optimized more than the first half of the dungeons - maybe I should fix that and learn the second half.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, Lensless Shadow is easy enough that there are fairly common rulesets that expect it. And it already needs so many loving items (Nocturne, magic, Din’s Fire, hover boots, bombchus and hookshot at BARE minimum, if you know the easy skips) it’s usually last dungeon anyways.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 19, 2021

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

PMush Perfect posted:

Honestly, Lensless Shadow is easy enough that there are fairly common rulesets that expect it. And it already needs so many loving items (Nocturne, magic, Din’s Fire, hover boots, bombchus and hookshot at BARE minimum, if you know the easy skips) it’s usually last dungeon anyways.

It's been a while since I played but bombchus? Instead of bow?

Edit: instead of bombs and bow, of course. Never mind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Man with Hat posted:

It's been a while since I played but bombchus? Instead of bow?

Edit: instead of bombs and bow, of course. Never mind.
Honestly, I'm not sure if I should even call the skip bringing down the bridge "easy", the positioning is finicky and needing to try again is extremely punishing.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

PMush Perfect posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure if I should even call the skip bringing down the bridge "easy", the positioning is finicky and needing to try again is extremely punishing.

Yeah I've never done it, always waited for longshot or bow before going there (or Farore's Wind if I'm really short on stuff)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Man with Hat posted:

Yeah I've never done it, always waited for longshot or bow before going there (or Farore's Wind if I'm really short on stuff)
I've done it once and have, purely coincidentally, never again been that desperate for the Forest Medallion.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every time I go into shadow thinking "well, this time I guess I'll need to learn chu bridge" the game bails me out and gives me a bow in shadow itself

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m currently playing a seed where I got down to 4 song checks remaining without finding ZL: Ice Cavern, Royal Tomb, Nocturne Cutscene, and Ocarina of Time cutscene. The first two require ZL logically, so I was down to either finish Spirit and Jabu for the missing stones for Ocarina, or finish Water for Nocturne. I did Spirit up to the point where the only remaining chests were locked behind ZL and thought the seed was unwinnable.

Turns out if the boss key is in one of two chests in Water you can beat it without ZL. I definitely didn’t think that was possible. ZL was on Nocturne and now we’re off to the races. Just have to find the Hammer now.

Definitely the meanest placement I’ve encountered since I started doing these a couple months ago.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

take three tablets posted:

Definitely the meanest placement I’ve encountered since I started doing these a couple months ago.
I once had a ridiculous seed where I logically had to dip Water twice. At that point I just loving gave up because I was still halfway through and so loving tilted because I'd check literally everywhere else.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Looking back on the thread, definitely the meanest placement I remember is one Hookshot being locked behind Biggoron (with the chain of deals item starting near the beginning of the chain of course) and the other behind 30 Skulls. With water temple as a required dungeon, of course. Boomerang was nowhere to be found.

Also just did a Triforce Hunt Multiworld randomizer with all the -sanitys on. I suppose you should expect some garbage item placements when playing -santy, but this was kinda egregious. I never picked up an ocarina, and ocarina was required for me to get basically anything; I only had the Hammer as a progression item early on, I think. Where was ocarina you ask? In my partner's shop for 220 rupees. To get it, she needed to grab 2 wallets; one in forest temple map chest, the other in the skulltula behind the twin's house.

So instead, once I got Ruto's Letter, I used the cuccoo to get behind Zora's waterfall, gave it to king zora, and just used the bottle for Ocarina items. If not for that I would've been waiting around for a long, long time.

We weren't keeping track but I think I got about 10 triforce pieces to her 30.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

PMush Perfect posted:

I once had a ridiculous seed where I logically had to dip Water twice. At that point I just loving gave up because I was still halfway through and so loving tilted because I'd check literally everywhere else.

That’s absurd. The only seed I’ve quit before was when a hint told me Megaton Hammer was on 50 skulls. I know where all of the skulls are, I just don’t want to do that. Now I set everything above 20 to junk.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I actually think high-skull seeds are really interesting, as long as you get the hint early. Every so often I get a seed where the 40 or 50 hint is only on gossip stones I don't check and spend the entire seed terrified that I'll find out it's a skull seed 3 hours in or more. Hasn't happened yet, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

take three tablets posted:

That’s absurd. The only seed I’ve quit before was when a hint told me Megaton Hammer was on 50 skulls. I know where all of the skulls are, I just don’t want to do that. Now I set everything above 20 to junk.
I forget the exact sequence, but something in the two non-Lullaby chests was required to get Zelda's Lullaby, then something else in there was required to get the Longshot.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Is there any interest in running seeds in this thread again? I haven’t timed any of my runs yet, but I used to speed run the game casually so I would be interested in competition. I sort of missed the boat the first go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly yeah, I'd be interested in doing some runs again.