Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I am playing through Link to the Past for the first time currently. It's really cool except for the random unintuitive notches that get passed over as Quirky LoZ Charm. I am going through half blind. I use a walk through to make sure that I grab everything because I don't have the time to recheck the map every time I get a new item, but beat the dungeons earnestly.

I started DKC2 several years ago and just got to the third world. I should probably continue that at some point. I just get put off slightly because I have no idea what I'm missing in a stage and if it's necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I just beat Link to the Past for the first time.

It was a good game, and I imagine that the Dark World twist blew minds in 1991. I find that the Zelda series has some inscrutable sequences that get dismissed as part of its charm, and that was in play here. I played the dungeons blind and used a walkthrough to find the overworld goodies, especially once I found Dark World. Very thankful for that fact. Looking for what I want to play next on a SNES Mini. I'm between Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, and maybe Secret of Mana with some Super Punch Out thrown in intermittently. I could also maybe play FF6, but that may be optimistic since I would need to play in 10-30 minute bursts.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I beat Link to the Past and started playing Donkey Kong Country.

This game has so much style and charm. My nostalgia glasses think the rendered sprites look amazing. Like this is peak gaming and nostalgia and I am going to love every second of it.

Aside from romhacks.net where do you get your English translation patches for games? I want to patch all JP games I can because I have A Problem.