Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'm currently playing King's Field 2 (1 in the US, but it's the second game in Japan)

Huh, odd coincidence. I started Shadow Tower last night. Not sure I like the control scheme much, but I'll probably get used to it before too long.

What makes me feel worse is that I kinda got fuckin' owned by the first enemy I came across that's like sentient grass or something? Couldn't angle it so I could hit it at all, so I just ran. From grass. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

did you fall off and die right at the start of the game? I love how this is a thing that can happen in these games right at the start lol

Almost, but I just barely avoided it. Turned around on the staircase, went up to see what was behind me, nearly walked clear off the edge going back down and just managed to not do so

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Started playing Evergrace, which you probably know for its infamously fantastically terrible shop music if nothing else.

It's definitely an old From Software 3D Action game. Pretty fun despite being very clunky but I am incredibly annoyed by how you cannot control the camera at all without going into first-person view first.