Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Kunoichi (Nightshade) on PS2. Mainly because I never finished the game on Hard and thus didn't unlock all the costumes and extra missions, so I'm working my way through that slowly. But I did finally unlock Joe Musashi, that's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

Been revisiting Shenmue via the HD version for a number of reasons, mainly that I received my code for the third game a while back and remembered I still had not gone through Shenmue II. So I figured revisiting the first game with Japanese VAs and a better save system would be worth it. This series has always been so flawed, yet so weirdly fascinating I can't help but still find some things to like about it, even when all I'm doing is just save scumming the slot or capsule machines until I get what I want. Though I've also been playing other games in between sessions to keep myself from getting bored, stuff like Sega Rally 2, or Metroid Prime, or any other old game I pull off my shelf at random.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

Been playing quite a number of Saturn games these past couple days, with the main one being Sakura Wars via the recently released english translation patch. Even after learning so much about these games through osmosis over the years, it feels really nice to be able to play this thing with an extremely well made fan translation to boot. Everything about the whole package and presentation of the original has such a fun, mid-90s anime charm to it that isn't trying to go for something overly dark or overly perverted. Even the SRPG segments aren't too bad with their simplicity. It all works, and I can see more clearly now how this thing became as popular as it was back in the day.