Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Last night was Lvl 35 in Duck Hunt’s Clay Pidgeon. Pinched one of them old man nerves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

SEGA dropped the ball on not capitalizing on that loving bear from Kokoro Scan

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

MitchFM posted:

SotN:

I did like 92% without any guides I used the guides for like the last little stuff that I though there was no way to find without it. Until I found out what the Faerie card is for via the guides so it was possible. So the Holy Sword, Holy Card, & stuff like that everything else was pretty easy. I even found that secret stair case before you fight Ritcher by accident myself. I'm stuck at 99.7% with the guides I just found a map with every item location bout to run through that before I enter the next castle. I warped there and warped right back. I think you're suppose to have 100.1% or something like that before exploring the next castle, I know you don't have to but I was going for a full complete 200.6% on one run, figured it be easier to keep track of.

I'd say its better then Chronicles and easier without ever playing it simply on the grounds its open ended. But I plan on running through all the Castlevania's so I'll find out if something tops SotN. I think there's one on Saturn that's gonna be a bitch to try and play for a while.

As someone who has played through SOTN more times than I can count, I personally absolve you of the responsibility of looking at the Saturn SOTN port. Find YouTube clips of the poo poo but don’t waste effort for what amounts to very sparse difference for awful performance.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Galaxander posted:

Exactly.

Weren't these guys called Iron Knuckles at some point, or something like that? I know it was probably just the English version and Darknut is the "real" name, but please someone just acknowledge that there was once a name for these guys that wasn't Darknut lol.

e: oh geez I was completely wrong

Iron Knuckles are the Zelda 2 variation, I believe.

Edit: oh look I should have just refreshed heh

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

I’ve been playing Salamander for the NES (the JPN release that doesn’t have the Konami code), and trying to march through it without dying.

I’ve been able to get through the first three levels without a scratch. The fourth level I was able to get past the first speed section, but the veins hosed me up

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

I’ve been playing Salamander for the NES (the JPN release that doesn’t have the Konami code), and trying to march through it without dying.

I’ve been able to get through the first three levels without a scratch. The fourth level I was able to get past the first speed section, but the veins hosed me up

Update on this: I was able to beat Salamander and saw the ending with the female pilot. Only died 3 times: once in Stage 5 to a barrier, and twice in Stage 6 during the escape.

Then I got the nerve to try Gradius III with the SA-1 patch for the SNES and holy poo poo is that game so much harder without the slowdown!

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Took me two whole tries.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Dash Rendar posted:

also the many sidescrolling beatemups like SpidermanVenom Maximum Carnage

I’m here to inform you that Maximum Carnage aged extremely poorly, with the exception of its soundtrack. Even the comic it’s based on is weak.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Dash Rendar posted:

dont tell me this :negative:

Only read this if you want to know the truth about Maximum Carnage:

Game: All the non-Marvel Property dudes look worse than MUGEN drawn-at-home sprites, and the game has a mini-arc where a new homemade dumpy-looking skin would unlock during mid-boss fights (and then proceed to be cycled through regular use for the rest of the game). That art is embarrassing. Soundtrack and Black Sabbath cover both rule, Green Jelly rules, gently caress the haters I know that opening theme song is in your head right now

Comic: It’s Spider-man in the 90s, so Spider-man is a giant pussy who can’t take care of his own poo poo. He has Carnage dead to rights no less than 12 times within the span of the arc (14 issues of this bullshit), and Uncle Ben saves Carnage every loving time. Finally, Captain America comes in and cleans it all up for our rib-taped buddy.

Soundtrack example:

SNES version - https://youtu.be/gskDcG7WLNs

Genesis version (the most Genesis-sounding) - https://youtu.be/8novVHbniEU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Guess what Sega Genesis game’s ending has aged horribly:

Comix Zone

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

For the past 3 months, I’ve been going pretty hard at this old Universal arcade game called Snap Jack.

It’s a cross between Pac-Man and Scramble, and my best advisement to you about the game is “play it ten times.” You learn to love the dumpy renditions of the Popeye theme, Ode To Joy, and London Bridge.

I have been playing on the Hardest 2 Lives setting and my current top score is 96600. I’ve hit a wall I refer to as 114.

If you own a MiSTer, congratulations! You already have this core and probably have it all ready to go. For the rest of you folks, you’ll have to dig it up on MAME. There are only 8 remaining known Snap Jack cabinets in the world, so unless you know of SURVIVORS Arcade in Huntington Beach, CA or some other location like Funspot (when it’s open), those are the only ways to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

I finally broke my personal best. Then I stomped it flat. https://youtu.be/mNMqUZS-ra4